PDA

View Full Version : PSMonkey and DCEmu in PSM -Playstation Magazine

wraggster
March 6th, 2006, 19:17
Last week one of our forum regulars spotted that there was an article in PSM -Playstation Magazine about our resident coder PSMonkey and his Nintendo 64 emulator, the article talks about the possibility of Mario 64 running on the PSP.

Check out the Screenshot and discuss this here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19803&page=3

Voltron
March 6th, 2006, 23:14
This is great. Not just for PSMonkey but for PSP homebrew as a whole. There have now been several articles about the PSP and how homebrew allows you to get more out of the PSP.

I think this is a direction leading to a more accepted, and more widespread PSP homebrew. I mean by now Sony should really just throw in the towel and support and unlock homebrew on upcoming firmwares.

I fear Sony's long-term commitment to the current PSP is fading. They will release (PSP2) much sooner than appropriate and leave the current PSP in the dark.... However, since the new PSP will likely be tightly locked to any possibility of homebrew, this current PSP will live on for years and years. UMD games for the new PSP better be also compatible with the current iteration of the PSP.

Jpdeathblade
March 7th, 2006, 20:31
actual this is the third time this site has been in PSM.

There was an issue about homebrew, one that rated the psp that had this site in it and the recent one with psmonkey.

Congrats PSmonkey :D