PDA

View Full Version : I've been lying to you all, sorry.

PSmonkey
March 7th, 2006, 03:32
Yep, I've got a secret and I have lied a bit to downplay it. The reason was I did not want to get people overly excited to early but I am slowly feeling confident at the current time. While the secret is not mario64 running it is something that is pushing me close to that. So what is it?

Well since about thursday last week (after the absolute crap demo started working) i've been working my ass off like crazy on rsp emulation. Just yesterday I finaly had my first rdp opcode executed and today have been working my ass off to implement dummy opcodes so I can progress it enough to render out untextured quads. :o

Are games running? Well no they aren't. Currently I am experimenting with two roms. The first is Mortal Kombat trillogy & the second is the PD rom VNes (nes emu by JL-Picard). Both are calling on the rdp to render and have been a great source to help advance emulation. So what about mario? Well actualy mario is also using the rsp yet is waiting on me to implement vector opcodes. Once I can get mortal kombat playable then I will start up on vector ops in hopes of getting mario up and running soon.

So the big question is, will the 9th release run games? The answer is maybe. If it does it will only be mortal kombat trillogy. Tho once I do get mario64 running a new build will be released.

So that is my big suprise secret. I hope you all enjoy it & pray to the monkey gods I can get mkt running by the 9th. :cool:

PS, once I get a fully rendered out screen, I will post pictures.

--edit--
PS, the RSP/RDP is being done LLE style atm with a pure interpreter (minus the drawing which is piped to the psp gpu, not gonna software render triangles. pfff). This is important as it will let me experiment on the instructions to find a faster method on different parts of the hardware.

DPyro
March 7th, 2006, 03:38
Well lets hope you do get RSP/RDP working enough to get mk working by the 9th :)

Vega
March 7th, 2006, 03:40
*begins praying*

This is groundbreaking stuff man.

1 word - Legendary

middlemaniac
March 7th, 2006, 03:42
Go Monkey!!!! I Love This!!!!

Vega
March 7th, 2006, 03:48
Hey monkey, was reading in another post that a Midway developer was offering help. Does this relate to why your trying out MK Trilogy?
just curious!

PSmonkey
March 7th, 2006, 03:51
Hey monkey, was reading in another post that a Midway developer was offering help. Does this relate to why your trying out MK Trilogy?
just curious!

Nope, The midway guy is a tech artist so it dont help me much. I choosed MKT since it's known to be the easiest comercial rom to emulate (very limited use of the rsp/rdp). It even does not ask for any vector ops at the moment.

Vega
March 7th, 2006, 03:57
ok cool.
Anyway keep up the great work. I'm sure its proving abit of a nightmare but dont give up!
Looking forward to future developments!

shadow77
March 7th, 2006, 04:29
excellent news PSmonkey, I'm really excited to see this new release :cool:

crazyjohn
March 7th, 2006, 05:47
Excellent news!! MK draws near... I can almost taste the blood and hear those macho voices. hehe

John Vattic
March 7th, 2006, 05:59
this place is a zoo

DPyro
March 7th, 2006, 06:01
Yep, there sure are a lot of monkeys in here :rolleyes:

Kaiser
March 7th, 2006, 06:17
Let us all hold hands in celebration and pray to the monkey gods.

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

:) Good stuff PSmonkey

PSmonkey
March 7th, 2006, 08:51
:eek: * see attached image *

ok now to the average rom whore this means nothing but for a guy who's been working his ass of for the last 6-7 hours (aka me) just to see this. It's the best thing I could have ever hoped for.

Now time for some good 5 hours of sleep before work. :(

-- tech notes --
ATM i ignore all tile load commands to texture memory. Hence why all i get is white squares. I'll start looking into getting the texture parts in tomorrow.

--edit--
That picture is the mortal kombat trillogy copyright screen which is all drawn by the rsp/rdp. :D

crazyjohn
March 7th, 2006, 11:48
If you squint you can almost see the words... Just kiddin, excellent work man! I really do enjoy your regular progress updates. I'm kinda a noob coder so I really enjoy hearing about the dev proccess. Hope the texture code doesnt present too many obsticles.

Martin
March 7th, 2006, 13:45
Nice, thanks for the update. :)

Sumo X
March 7th, 2006, 16:17
Ok, I have no coding experience, so seeing a bunch of white blocks on a black background doesn't get me too excited.

But I have faith in PSmonkey, and if he's excited, then I'm sure we're in for a real treat!

Electrifying
March 7th, 2006, 18:12
Ok, I have no coding experience, so seeing a bunch of white blocks on a black background doesn't get me too excited.

But I have faith in PSmonkey, and if he's excited, then I'm sure we're in for a real treat!

It is exciting because those white blocks you see, is the copyright screen from Mortal Combat. The copyright screen is drawn by the RSP of the N64. So those white blocks you see, indicates that RSP emulation is starting to come together on Monkey 64 :)

Vega
March 7th, 2006, 18:25
lol
How Ironic, its the license screen!

PSmonkey
March 7th, 2006, 18:40
Secrets Secrets, Ment to be kept but what fun is there in that?

Secret number 2
============
Gpf has been working on a dreamcast port of Monkey64. Why does this matter? None really, it just means i have clean enough code going that it's portable with out too many problems.

Here are a few shots (dc has a bit of a ram limitation problem, 16mb vs 24mb I have to work with).

--edit--
Note the fps is of chancast framerate and not monkey64's framerate.

pkmaximum
March 7th, 2006, 19:54
It will be a great day in history when Mario 64 is botted off the PSP hardware.

Knutselmaaster
March 7th, 2006, 20:19
Good news dubbled up!
A n64 emu for the dc thats working! Chankast is cool too btw.

Props props props to you psmonkey! All the work that you put into this (and other) project, while the community is constantly whining your ears of with the same questions over and over again. You tha man!

Thanks for your work and for taking the time to inform us about the progress.

If you were a girl and i wasn't married allready i would propose......

PSmonkey
March 7th, 2006, 20:39
Good news dubbled up!
A n64 emu for the dc thats working! Chankast is cool too btw.

Props props props to you psmonkey! All the work that you put into this (and other) project, while the community is constantly whining your ears of with the same questions over and over again. You tha man!

Thanks for your work and for taking the time to inform us about the progress.

If you were a girl and i wasn't married allready i would propose......

well sadly for you, i'm a guy and already have a wonderful & beautiful gf. :)

RedKing14CA
March 7th, 2006, 22:18
Thank you PSmonkey! now.. i can finally have hope of seeing Zelda: Ocarina of Time on a handheld... The entire reason i bought the DS... But i sold it for a PSP because it seams the people making Zelda are... i dunno... asleep?

Thank you so much!!! This is 100% awsome!! i take it you are not accepting donations?

mexicansnake
March 7th, 2006, 22:30
Wow I cant believe this, i cant wait for the release!!! thanks psmonkey!!!

brew123
March 8th, 2006, 00:11
psmonkey, you are the man..... I mean monkey!

matts1900
March 8th, 2006, 00:42
Well done guy. Real progress on a real emulator comes slowly, and with alot of effort, as can be seen here, rather unlike a recently locked thread over yonder. Keep it up, and take your time :)

idapimp
March 8th, 2006, 01:14
you are the coolest monkey ever.

Vega
March 8th, 2006, 01:16
I think that "other" emulator should never be mentioned under god's sun again. Im pretty angry about it. It took the well deserved attention away from a legit coder. What a total asshole.

DPyro
March 8th, 2006, 01:21
I think that "other" emulator should never be mentioned under god's sun again. Im pretty angry about it. It took the well deserved attention away from a legit coder. What a total asshole.
Amen :)

soccerboi
March 8th, 2006, 01:45
PSMonkey, I would like to thank you for making this great emulator. I can't wait for the DC port.

Masta-G
March 8th, 2006, 02:44
But for a DC port we will most likely only be able to play the 64mbit (8Mbyte) roms like mario right? The DC only has 16megs of main ram... And it allready has trouble with the super nes. I think with heavy optimized code we will get mario running on the DC at 50% of the original speed without sound... there is simpy not enough ram...
I really wish the dc came with 32mbyte instead, then we would probally seen great titels such as GTA San Andreas... 16megs is just not enough for such a powerfull beast.

middlemaniac
March 8th, 2006, 02:49
Go PSmonkey sorry that I thought the other emulator that guy was saying was real.

ryan2006
March 8th, 2006, 02:57
kiss ass

PSmonkey
March 8th, 2006, 03:24
Go PSmonkey sorry that I thought the other emulator that guy was saying was real.

thats cool. Everybody just needs to take things on objectivly and use logic to determin whats real or not. Not enough proof was given to validate it was real so there was no reason to start attacking everybody who wanted more solid proof. :)

DPyro
March 8th, 2006, 03:26
LOL I spotted that it was fake from the beginning too...

mexicansnake
March 8th, 2006, 03:34
yeah the another guy send us a video, but the "emulator" just can be a simple video. I guess that its a fake!!!

ryan2006
March 8th, 2006, 04:03
:p PSMonkey # 1

Privateer
March 8th, 2006, 04:11
Hahaha. Nice, Ryan.

Sexcellent work, PSMonkey. If I had a paypal, I'd donate to you for sure. :0

oninotsume
March 8th, 2006, 04:39
The news about most likely being able to run a commercial game via your emulator is really exciting. Keep up the great work, I'm cheering for you!

If you decide to stick with it until Super Mario 64 runs well, then I promise to give you a sizeable donation. Getting an N64 emulator on the PSP is like getting a whole new portable machine, so it's only fair.

Keep it up :)

dj2005
March 8th, 2006, 04:55
Nice work, like usual.

crazyjohn
March 8th, 2006, 05:42
Haha excellent pic. Hows the release looking for tomorrow. If Its gonna mean MK runs I dont think anyone would mind a bit of a delay. You rock!

DPyro
March 8th, 2006, 05:44
It's looking pretty good with that mk credits pic. Everyone cross your fingers for some working commercial games (not necessarily playable).

PSmonkey
March 8th, 2006, 06:21
*yawn*
errr, ready to crash and burn on my desk atm. :(

Im still chugging away. I have something bad going on in Mortal Kombat that has me stuck atm (something overwrites memory where the game stores its interupts). Gonna take a look tomorrow. I think i branch to a bad spot which does a bunch of odd crap till a vsync rescues it but too much damage was done to repair. :(

In the mean time i've been doing vector ops which suck badly. A few PD roms are moving along (congradulations demo draws the bg then gets stuck on an unemulated op, one of the homebrew tetris roms now work).

DARKGATE
March 8th, 2006, 07:15
I don't understand, but mortal kombat trilogy for N64 work on dreamcast?

crazyjohn
March 8th, 2006, 09:22
Short answer : No, not yet

ace_t
March 8th, 2006, 09:25
PSMonkey, you rock.

:cool:

frangin2003
March 8th, 2006, 11:28
*yawn*
errr, ready to crash and burn on my desk atm. :(

Im still chugging away. I have something bad going on in Mortal Kombat that has me stuck atm (something overwrites memory where the game stores its interupts). Gonna take a look tomorrow. I think i branch to a bad spot which does a bunch of odd crap till a vsync rescues it but too much damage was done to repair. :(

In the mean time i've been doing vector ops which suck badly. A few PD roms are moving along (congradulations demo draws the bg then gets stuck on an unemulated op, one of the homebrew tetris roms now work).

Hang on PSmonkey! :p Me as a coder I understand you, and as a coder you know every problem has a solution. :)

Great work, I'm really impressed by your work, including other project like Iris. Congrats from Paris. ;)

LILROB
March 8th, 2006, 13:32
Hey Monkey u ROCK dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all i can say is FINISH HIMMMMMMMM!!!!!!! :D :D

CoderX
March 8th, 2006, 14:12
PSmonkey if you need any thing just let me know.
I have 3 hours to kill every night.
Aside from graphics, i do know how to code.

PS. He has been coding this one for a while, told me about it about 2 weeks ago
keep up the good work monkey, its coming along great

ranxoren
March 8th, 2006, 18:54
GREAT JOB i'm from morroco and can't wait for ur realease monkey
I CAN'T WAIT !!! KEEP UP THE GREAAAAAAAAAT JOB !!!!

Othman

PSmonkey
March 8th, 2006, 19:05
ok guys. Sorry but when I get home tonight from work, I'm taking a decent nap. So it's posible not much more progress will be made in time for tomorrows release. Yet dont fret because once I can get mkt further I will release a new build (wont have to wait months for it, probably just a week).

On the front as a whole. I am having serious sync issues with the RDP thats holding me back. I am gonna bug zilmar later to see if he has an idea but its killing emulation atm. I found a different dump from MKt that progresses to the controller warning screen (when only 1 controller is in) but after that the rdp sync issue really kicks in.

Other then that I got a ton of different Rsp Vector ops in last night with a few more needed still. Hopefuly soon the issue will be more on the rdp side because it will be easier to just focus on 1 part vs multiple parts.

2.01user
March 8th, 2006, 20:37
First of all great job on your progress PsMonkey and congrats on the Playstation magazine appearance. second of all i find this to be shameless of me for asking but i dropped my psp and now the glass on the screen is not broken but the picture on the screen looks like broken glass. is there anything anyone knows i can do. (here comes the shameless part) is anyone generous enough to be willing to help me out with donations. i had a job but i Worked at EB Games and since the merge with gamestop they are closing down the EB Games. so again will anyone be generous enough th help me out in any way. PM me or email me at [email protected].
Thank you for your time and generousness

PSmonkey
March 8th, 2006, 20:40
2.01 user, Sounds like you cracked the LCD. If its under warenty your best bet is to send it in fore repairs then sell the replacement and try buying a unit on ebay.

PSmonkey
March 8th, 2006, 20:46
*SCREAMS* :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I fixed a few sync issues and things progress now (but i still have a bad sync bug, more on this in a sec). If I hold start down (to bypass the intro), I can get to the title screen on mortal kombat trillogy. :D :D

Here is a comparison shot of it on m64 & what it looks like on pj64. The reason for the comparison shot is because its hard to realise what it is since I still lack texture rdp ops (ignoring them atm, posibly try implementing them tonight).

Anywas on to what my problem is. I have an rdp sync issue. It keeps reseting the rdp location to the start (DMEM-0x09e0) but has not writen the rdp instruction yet. This is of course invalid. I am able to ignore it by waiting till the value is not zero but it does not work in all cases. :( So i will have to find a way to get it to wait till the op is writen.

DPyro
March 8th, 2006, 20:58
Excellent work PSmonkey!!! :D

PSmonkey
March 8th, 2006, 21:06
Oh note, The reason I draw lines is so I dont have a solid white screen with nothing. With lines I can see what is drawn over the other. :D

Oh why does mkt have so many lines for the bg? This is due to the n64 having so little texture memory. So it has to do the background in chucks vs a single quad like we can do on the psp.

J-Kwon
March 8th, 2006, 22:07
WOW really impressive :D

Why dreamcast tho? Just bring it to us PSP Guys :D:D:D

LOL

Thanks mate once you get this one finished head straight for the ps1 emulator and get that done

Thanks keep it up!

PSmonkey
March 8th, 2006, 22:08

LOL

Thanks mate once you get this one finished head straight for the ps1 emulator and get that done

Thanks keep it up!

I'm not doing the dc port. Gfp is. The reason I let him is because the final motivation that got me going on this emulator was his port of nincest to the dreamcast. I ported his work to psp to test if it would run, It did and we went from there (actualy went back to the start by rewriting from scrach to where i am now).

TyBO
March 8th, 2006, 22:20

LOL

Thanks keep it up!
Because there is still a strong Dreamcast scene and many individuals (like myself) who would love to see it running on the little white box!

Thanks so much for your hard work PSmonkey and also GPF! I really look forward to seeing this emulator progress. :D

PSdonkey
March 8th, 2006, 22:27
I hope you get your N64 emulator working good also. I wish you good luck in finishing your work. As a tip for you, even though you don't have a dynamic recomplier implented in your programming, an interpreter will get you started in loading the n64 rom files but with lots of bugs. What you can do to balance that effect is create a patch to compensate for the color and texture differations that the interpreter can't handle. Use the patch to place the right colors and textures that the N64 rom files are calling for. This won't help with the speed, but it will definitely smooth out those white boxes that you have been getting. Also, later on when you get to more complicated commercial roms, you are going to have to some how address the issue of memory usage as the psp doesn't have as much built in memory as the N64 system does. You might have to find some tricks to write access some memory on the memory stick on the psp. Anyways, good luck

pkmaximum
March 8th, 2006, 23:03
PSdonkey why can't you just release a crap version of you emulator im seeming to find this all fake because nobody has heard of you before and you come out of the blue with this. People have been begging for an n64 emulator for so long and you have one running at like 30 frames at average already! Dude not convinced even the least if you real proove it. If you wait 2 weeks like you told us you will even be more fake to us. Also can you place an attatchment for the video you made one more time cause I honestly did not get to see it to judge wether this looked real or not. (No disrespect to any one here just looking for solid proof cause to many people have faked this kind of thing before.) And PSmonkey i stand behind you 100% even if his emulator is real lol.....doubts!

middlemaniac
March 8th, 2006, 23:23
I actually lost a lot of trust in you PSdonkey. Just realease the emulator as a demo version to the public now. BTW how come now you only have 2 posts, you had 8 before. It is eighther you who got kicked out or someone acting like he is the PSdonkey from yesterday. Plus the guy from yesterday's was named PSdonkey64 notPSdonkey.

pkmaximum
March 8th, 2006, 23:43
No kidding this guy is lieng to us through his teeth horribly it sickens me how somebody gets off just trying to fool us with something that we know is fake. Its the PS1 hoax all over again. I mean how could a person think that PS1 would run at full speed honestly. Chances are he just wants paypal support or he just wants to feel like a god for a few moments. But I don't buy any of it. I would donate $1000 seriously if he released this emulator the way its shown on the video. But something tells me that its not real at all. Dude just release the frieken emulator but thats right you can't cause its fake. It sux how you try to take the glory away for PSmonkey. He is working his ass off so much and you have to pull a stunt like this. Is this how you get off honestly.and another thing in your emulator you don't even have an in game menu. That doesn't even make sense to me. Post this emulator or give us more proof that it is real or don't come back to these forums honestly we don't have time for a bunch of bull.

pkmaximum
March 8th, 2006, 23:45
Not to mention he is ranked as a DCemu Newbie. Anybody notice that lol this guy is a totall fraud!

DPyro
March 8th, 2006, 23:54
We've already established he's a fake. Stop talking about him and move on....

pkmaximum
March 9th, 2006, 01:01
sry didn't catch where we caught he was a fake i apologise also did he openly admit this or are you guys just almost 100% positive. jw:)

DPyro
March 9th, 2006, 01:04
We matched his IP address with the IP of the 'supposed' person he sent the beta to and their the same person.

pkmaximum
March 9th, 2006, 01:07
Dam good plot. well I'm glad this hoax was discovered. Glad to know hes a fake cause i admired how hard PSmonkey worked on his emulator. And how someone could have the nerve to just go and do that. Well that is all on that topic thank you!

matts1900
March 9th, 2006, 02:13
Yes speaking of topics, this particular one is about how PSMonkey is doing, nothing else. Schnell.

PSmonkey
March 9th, 2006, 03:07
Guys lets please move on.

I hope you get your N64 emulator working good also. I wish you good luck in finishing your work. As a tip for you, even though you don't have a dynamic recomplier implented in your programming, an interpreter will get you started in loading the n64 rom files but with lots of bugs. What you can do to balance that effect is create a patch to compensate for the color and texture differations that the interpreter can't handle. Use the patch to place the right colors and textures that the N64 rom files are calling for. This won't help with the speed, but it will definitely smooth out those white boxes that you have been getting. Also, later on when you get to more complicated commercial roms, you are going to have to some how address the issue of memory usage as the psp doesn't have as much built in memory as the N64 system does. You might have to find some tricks to write access some memory on the memory stick on the psp. Anyways, good luck

WTF are you babbling about?

1st, LLE & Interpreter emulation is always more accurate then dynamic recompiling. The whole point of interpreter based emulation is accurately interpreting and simulating the instructions given. n64 HLE emulation is ungodly full of hacks left and right.

2nd, PSP has 24MB of usable main memory (and posibly more if stolen from the kernal as the whole memory chip is 32MB) plus eDram & other small chunks. I currently have enough space to handle 16MB rom images just fine. Yes larger will be a problem but they are not a focus, When I get that far I plan to play on the DMA pipe by keeping game data on memstick and keep instructional data in memory.

3rd, N64 had 4MB RDram (8Meg with expansion), 4KB TMem, 4096Bytes DMem, 4096Bytes IMem. The n64 does not have much ram period, Its an issue of trying to keep the rom in psp memory then anything else.

4th, Any issues I am having in emulation now are a result of bugs and issues not sorted out.

pkmaximum
March 9th, 2006, 03:13
Dam your a genius dude keep up the good work!

DPyro
March 9th, 2006, 03:16
Proof that PSdonkey has no idea what he's talking about.

middlemaniac
March 9th, 2006, 03:32
Well actually that was not the original PSdonkey, the first one's name was not PSdonkey, but PSdonkey64.

Vega
March 9th, 2006, 03:34
God this guy wont give up. Could admin not just delete this dude's account and block the IP because he's slowing down not only the evolution of N64 emulation, but the evolution of all mankind.

anyway yea monkey great news regarding the title screen. keep it up man!

crazyjohn
March 9th, 2006, 06:19
Great news! Im really looking forward to the release tomorrow

Ahmed_p800
March 9th, 2006, 10:50
PSmonkey is the Man.........

Keep up the good work

Today is 9/3/2006....... :rolleyes:

I think its the day of the release

I am waiting............. :D

crazyjohn
March 9th, 2006, 12:17
Its coming to the end of the 9th where I am. But all you Americans are behind with the times a little arn't you ;)

Knutselmaaster
March 9th, 2006, 12:55
Stop pushing Master Monkey, he'll release when he thinks it's ready.
If he has to read all your posts about release dates and "is it ready yet" before he can continue working, it will never be finished.

Take your time Master Monkey!

Even if it takes a lifetime i'll be patient and have unfinished confidence.

crazyjohn
March 9th, 2006, 13:12
He's already said that there'll be a open beta release on the 9th no matter how much hes done. Im not pushing him.

Ahmed_p800
March 9th, 2006, 13:18
Crazyjohn is right

He should release a beta even thought it isnt working

by the way i live in (United Arab Emirates) not America!!!

PSmonkey
March 9th, 2006, 13:53
john is right. A first release is due today. It will come later tonight for me so I can put a little more time into it (trying to see if I can solve last min sync issues).

BTW, It's by birthday today !!!!
i'm now 23.

NTXA
March 9th, 2006, 13:55
Happy Birthday :)

DPyro
March 9th, 2006, 13:58
YAY, Happy BDAY!!! :) :) :)

frangin2003
March 9th, 2006, 14:04
Happy birthday to you !

Wish you a year of love, fun and opcode emulating !

Knutselmaaster
March 9th, 2006, 14:04
Happy Birthday,
Bonne aniversaire,
Fijne verjaardag!

LILROB
March 9th, 2006, 14:05
Happy B-day!!!!!!!!!

Aneel138
March 9th, 2006, 15:04
Happy Halloween!!

djacura
March 9th, 2006, 15:52
Happy birthday and thanks for all. a greeting

Electrifying
March 9th, 2006, 16:12
:D :p

rizjuan1
March 9th, 2006, 16:27
hahaa, that pic is whack... happy birthday though fam...

NTXA
March 9th, 2006, 16:40
Great pic :D :D

PSmonkey
March 9th, 2006, 17:02
Thanks for the well wishes.

And for my birthday I have desided to cancel monkey64. Yep it will never see the light of day again. *evil laugh*

just kidding. Yay Mortal Kombat Mithologies now runs (you can get as far as the main menu). Ignore the white squares, I am trying to get textures working.

ifeelnothing
March 9th, 2006, 17:14
http://smh03.lbs.se/smh03rasmus/psmonkey_23_n64_psp.jpg

kersplatty
March 9th, 2006, 17:41
lol its yo birthday but your planin to give every1 else a present how nice :D

justice23
March 9th, 2006, 17:54
Yay Mortal Kombat Mithologies now runs (you can get as far as the main menu). Ignore the white squares, I am trying to get textures working.

I thought you where trying to run MK Trilogy or does that one work already?
Nice work though, keep it up.
And a happy birthday to you.

Ahmed_p800
March 9th, 2006, 18:43
Thats great news PSmonkey

And happy birthday................wish you another 100 years of innovation

NTXA
March 9th, 2006, 18:47
Good News for good PSP Players ;)

Electrifying
March 9th, 2006, 19:10

Lol, I liked this one :p :D

(and personal Happy B-Day from me, the other one was just a pic)

BTW, PSDonkey64 created a new thread with a Mario64 video. Maybe you should check it out. To be honest, it does look very convincing (No offence to you PSmonkey, I still have a lot more trust in your project then in the other one :) ;) )

PSmonkey
March 9th, 2006, 19:46
I thought you where trying to run MK Trilogy or does that one work already?
Nice work though, keep it up.
And a happy birthday to you.

Both. I have sync bugs to fix in MK Trilogy but now actualy MK Mithologies works as well.

Regarding donky. If its real he would have given wrag a build. I dont care to talk about it any more till i see a build in person.

PSmonkey
March 9th, 2006, 19:47

Dude, you f'ing rock for that one. :cool:

christophe
March 9th, 2006, 20:21
happy birthday 2 u. :). just one quick question what are the chances of possibly creating a ps1 emulator for psp? after u have n64 up and runnng at a good rate?

keep up the amazing work. :)

pkmaximum
March 9th, 2006, 20:22
good work PSmonkey you always have my 100% support!:)

pkmaximum
March 9th, 2006, 20:24
happy birthday 2 u. :). just one quick question what are the chances of possibly creating a ps1 emulator for psp? after u have n64 up and runnng at a good rate?

keep up the amazing work. :)

If you read in the latest PSM magazine his emulator is a rival to the alpha ps1 emulator. Which means he does not support the ps1 emulator scene otherwise he would be making an emultor for that. Just support PSmonkey for what he is doing now and the last thing you want to do is make it seem like your not satisfied with his current work and you want to start talking about more emulators that have yet to be made. Just support PSmonkey because he keeps supporting us. (no disrespect i understand why you asked the question.):)

PSmonkey
March 9th, 2006, 20:30
If you read in the latest PSM magazine his emulator is a rival to the alpha ps1 emulator. Which means he does not support the ps1 emulator scene otherwise he would be making an emultor for that. Just support PSmonkey for what he is doing now and the last thing you want to do is make it seem like your not satisfied with his current work and you want to start talking about more emulators that have yet to be made. Just support PSmonkey because he keeps supporting us. (no disrespect i understand why you asked the question.):)

Actualy that article ment rival consoles not emulators. Second I don't really agree with rivalry (i had no say in that article). I enjoy psx just as much as n64. Yet I choosed n64 because I love mario more & packmanfan is doing a ps1 emu. No reason to redo what another is already working on.

kane5544
March 9th, 2006, 20:42
when is it going to be out?

flagator15
March 9th, 2006, 20:45
later tonight

PSmonkey
March 9th, 2006, 20:51
like others said. hopefuly late tonight. Sorry if it runs into early ours of march 10th (ie 1-3am). I want to get a build out asap but i also want to try getting more progress for you all as well. It's a tough thing to choose between.

m64fan
March 9th, 2006, 20:51
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat work after this can you make a gba emu with good sound.I'm your best fan!

pkmaximum
March 9th, 2006, 21:09
good work psmonkey you have my full support and im sticking to it 100%

superdrugyxx
March 9th, 2006, 21:16
i dream of the day that i will finally be able to play my favorite N64 games on the go.

viva la monkey!! :D

kane5544
March 9th, 2006, 21:33
me 2!!!

ryan2006
March 9th, 2006, 21:35
3am canadian time is tht about 5 uk time

DPyro
March 9th, 2006, 21:41
8am UK time :rolleyes:

Electrifying
March 9th, 2006, 21:50
In my opinion. The ultimate thing i can do with my PSP is playing N64 games on it. * Dreaming of Zelda OOT and MM on PSP :rolleyes: aaaaaaah the memories :p :rolleyes: :D *

(picks away a tear ;) :p )

christophe
March 9th, 2006, 21:57
i have the greatest respect for all coders and the like, im about to graduate from uni studying animation and design, and i know how much dedication, work and long long hours go into creating something. any word from pacmanfan on his ps one emu? ive not heard anything for a good while.

ryan2006
March 9th, 2006, 22:10
im not staying up 4 this 1 if its 8am uk time :P hav 2 w8 till 2morrow
and pacmanfan updates on this forum quite alot
http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=28645&page=65&pp=10

PSmonkey
March 9th, 2006, 22:29
time to up the anty. While I still don't have textures. Puzzle Bobble / Bust a Move 2 is actualy starting to run now (it gets past the copyright and i believe tries for the intro but after a few frames it quits on an unemulated vector op).

Damn i need to hurry up on figuring out textures. :P

frangin2003
March 9th, 2006, 22:43
time to up the anty. While I still don't have textures. Puzzle Bobble / Bust a Move 2 is actualy starting to run now (it gets past the copyright and i believe tries for the intro but after a few frames it quits on an unemulated vector op).

Damn i need to hurry up on figuring out textures. :P

Man, be sure I really want your fisrt Monkey64 build, but I hope too that you had some party time with your friends/familly/girlfriend for your birthday.

It's 11:41 pm in Paris now.

Good night

Electrifying
March 9th, 2006, 22:44
take your time (i need to wait until tomorrow anyway :p) :) :)

crazyjohn
March 9th, 2006, 23:48
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAN!
Hope your birthday isnt entirely filled with just work. Delay it a day and have a few beers! Haha ;)

ryan2006
March 9th, 2006, 23:56
monkeys + drink not a winning cobination if u ask me :p

Ranmax09
March 10th, 2006, 00:07
Happy birthday :) :D

Wally
March 10th, 2006, 01:20
monkeys + drink not a winning cobination if u ask me :p

yeah they end up stuck in your cupboard shreeking :P

DPyro
March 10th, 2006, 01:30
They end up turning evil and living in your closet.

Timale-Kun
March 10th, 2006, 02:09
Happy Birthday!!Bon anniversaire!!お 誕生日 おめでとう ございます!!^^PSMonkey I'm following your project. starting it from scrach is an amount of work and seeing a project growing up is amazing (your Update make me search a lil bit to understand what u're saying but Nevermind), I'm also Interesting with seems so great...So Great Job dude^^ Really Like Homebrew Scene and I share it with French people.. See Ya

middlemaniac
March 10th, 2006, 02:31
Happy Birthday!!! Make a wish!LOL Keep up the great work!

PSmonkey
March 10th, 2006, 02:50
thanks everbody. Hey sorry i am taking so long. I am just soo excited since more and more games are doing stuff. It's amazing. Yet I've pulled the plug on trying to make more roms work. I'm now focusing on trying to get textures working. As soon as that is done (Even if it takes me till 6am) the build goes up. So sorry it might take me into tomorrow morning to do it but DAMN IT, I want this first build to freaking rock!!

Also drunk monkeys are great. They're totaly the life of the party. :D

MonoLoco
March 10th, 2006, 03:02
Sounds amazing, PSmonkey...can't wait to try it out. Just wondering, though, will this build work on 2.0?

PSmonkey
March 10th, 2006, 03:20
Sounds amazing, PSmonkey...can't wait to try it out. Just wondering, though, will this build work on 2.0?

*prep to salivate* I believe so. The app is in user mode and there is not much done advance wise with the hardware. So it should be ok for 2.0+ psp units.

DPyro
March 10th, 2006, 03:26
I think I can confirm that it works on 2.00 for now. :)

MonoLoco
March 10th, 2006, 03:28
Sweet, can't wait to try it out.

mexicansnake
March 10th, 2006, 04:03
happy birthday pspmonkey!!!

mexicansnake
March 10th, 2006, 04:03
happy birthday psmonkey!!!

PSmonkey
March 10th, 2006, 06:16
sorry guys. still working on textures. It's progressing a little. :S ill post something before i go to bed and get a revision out asap.

PSmonkey
March 10th, 2006, 07:38
erm. i know i said i would stop but while looking at an rdp plugin i notice they still incrament the rdp pc (program counter) even when an invalid value is stored. So i gave it a shot and hey mortal kombat trillogy actualy continues on. It might even be playable but had to tell with no textures. :S

Anyways i'm still on textures but if I cant get it solved soon, i'm gonna post the first build 1.0 and do a revision as soon as the textures work.

Sonicadvance1
March 10th, 2006, 07:42
Don't strain yourself too hard. This is an awesome at the moment.Textures would break the universe and then we don't know what happens then :P

Kite0
March 10th, 2006, 08:15
Hah
I told my friend in school about Monkey64 (he's a total Nintendo fanboy)
The look on his face was priceless! :D
Anyway thanks alot PSPMonkey this will be the single greatest
piece of homebrew I've ener seen.

Keep up the good work!

PSmonkey
March 10th, 2006, 09:18
k, guys sorry. its 4am and i am bushed. I've made some advances in the rdp but still much more to do for textures. I'm kind of a little too tired to clean up for a build so please give me till 1pm EST (-5GMT). I'll try getting it up then. First build will be rough still since textures are not done (they're just random grey squares)

The bright side is the following roms do stuff
Mortal Kombat Trillogy [b1] - Playable
Mortal Kombat Mitholgies [!] - Partial, Works till you start a new game (then hangs on unemulated op)
Automobile Lambergini [!] - Partial, I get some random red menu. Eventualy crashes
Bust A Move [b4] - Partial, Works till it gets to the intro/menu.

On the demo front, Allycat now runs (but not viewable till textures are fixed).

That is it for now.

frangin2003
March 10th, 2006, 09:31
Great, 1st compatibility list !

At least, efforts payed. Congrats man ! :)

crazyjohn
March 10th, 2006, 09:43
Great news. Take your time and have a good, long sleep. Would be awsome to have the texture code in 1st release. :)

gronne
March 10th, 2006, 09:43
Damn, this is too good(bad for me) news!!! Just bought a DS because I thought the psp was too expensive and had a too bad battery. But I doubt the DS will ever be able to run a n64emu, right? Shit, I'll have to buy a psp aswell :-) At least we're getting the awesome doom-game(which I hope will get ported to psp aswell). Anyways, AMAZING work Monkey, and happy birthday!!!

jairolas
March 10th, 2006, 10:17
i can't wait for da realese hehe :D

chickenclaws
March 10th, 2006, 13:02
good job on the emu any news on the game IRIS :confused:

spahar
March 10th, 2006, 13:32
Go Monkey Go.

nmkrapper
March 10th, 2006, 14:18
This emulator will be the greatest challenge for PSP.
I'm sure by the first release we will see PSP's great potential.
PSmonkey i know you can do it.
Everybody's counting on you.
I also do love N64 even if I'm already 26 years old.
The top 2 games i'd like to see are the folowing:

Mario 64
Zelda:Ocarina of Time
(the latter is said to be the greatest game of all time of all gaming industry over the world)

So PSmonkey:
KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT WORK. LOTS OF LOVE AND RESPECT TO PSMONKEY !!!

ranxoren
March 10th, 2006, 14:19
yeah man i'm from morroco and can't wait for your release and like nmkrapper i would loooove to play Zelda : Ocarina of Time
So take your time ... Relax a little, Happy birthday by the way (a little late but ... lol)
Anyways looooot of respect to you man and KEEP IT UP !!

Othman

Dragan
March 10th, 2006, 14:44
PsMonkey : I have just read the last 15 threads of everything you've been trying to achieve.... i take my hat off to you good sir.

Happpy Birthday also. :D :D :D

Ahmed_p800
March 10th, 2006, 15:31
COMON RELEASE IT.............please!!! :D :D

NTXA
March 10th, 2006, 16:06
It's 11am!!

Dragan
March 10th, 2006, 16:17
LOOK. Think of it as the metaphor of transubstantiation... Working miracles aren't instantious like the bible.... patience...

NTXA
March 10th, 2006, 16:23
I know this ;)
He wants to getting it up at 1pm EST (-5GMT)

(so I understand)

danperson1
March 10th, 2006, 16:23
yeah, it would be so cool to play all the classics on psp: goldeneye, zelda, mario cart, starfox, conkers bad fur day. Hopefully some of these games will work with soon after PSmonkeys first release. Keep up the good work PSmonkey!

PSmonkey
March 10th, 2006, 16:29
Guys don't get too overly excited. It is comming. I am just waiting for my lunch break so I get it done and posted. :P

While the first build wont be a holly grail it will be a large step up over nincest. A huge amount of PD/homebrew roms work. Comercial games are starting to work but unviewable atm due to the lack of texture suport in rdp emulation. Hopefuly I can get a revision build out this weekend or next week with textures working so mkt is fully playable.

Ahmed_p800
March 10th, 2006, 16:37
I cant more than.....................you are the man

even if the first release wont load roms............its still the first N64 emu ever for the PSP

Keep up the good work

I am with you all the way

Sumo X
March 10th, 2006, 16:55
PSmonkey = god.

But I've got to say, this emulator seems to show how few real programmers there are for the PSP. I figured there would be a huge outpouring of help for PSmonkey on this project, but it doesn't seem like there's been much help (from those in the PSP community, I know the PJ64 guys are helping).

vash1122
March 10th, 2006, 17:33
Hey, PSmonkey. Great work so far! I was just wondering how far do you think you'll eventually get with the emulator? Do you think most roms will be playable at a somewhat acceptable speed someday? Anyways, keep up the good work (and make sure you get at least a little sleep :)).

christophe
March 10th, 2006, 18:03
really looking forward to this release. cant believe how dedicated you are to this project. long hours etc. when its released u should take a well deserved break, for a few days. everyone is dying to see this on psp. itll be a great psp moment. :)

Shilo
March 10th, 2006, 18:11
itll be a great psp moment.

A great moment that is gona happen soon :)

PigTails_19
March 10th, 2006, 18:41
i cant wait to play mario64 on my psp tonight!

DPyro
March 10th, 2006, 18:46
Me too!!! Oh wait... :p

bobcobb
March 10th, 2006, 18:50
Any chance it will ever work with 2.6?

PSmonkey
March 10th, 2006, 18:56
FYI, if you're too blind to notice. V1.0 is now up.

i cant wait to play mario64 on my psp tonight!

ermmm. Mario64 dont run still. Might want to read up on stuff.

MonoLoco
March 10th, 2006, 18:58
Well, if he's really desparate to play Mario 64 tonight...he could run an n64 emulator on his computer and use a VNC client to attempt to control it from the PSP...the screen would be clipped, the controls would be off, and you'd be getting 0.5 fps probably, but it's better than nothing -_-.

PSmonkey
March 10th, 2006, 18:59
Any chance it will ever work with 2.6?

Please for the love of god. Go test and let me know. It technicaly should work.

bobcobb
March 10th, 2006, 19:05
Please for the love of god. Go test and let me know. It technicaly should work.

I'm at work right now and haven't set up the newest GTA loader, but I will when I get home and post back.

Got a homebrew ROM that works the best to try it with? If I have N64 on my PSP I will wet myself.

christophe
March 10th, 2006, 19:31
works fine on 2.0...pong runs at 30-31 fps. tried running waverace and it gets up to n64 logo... just a quick try. anyway excelent work man keep it going ur a top bloke
:)

danperson1
March 10th, 2006, 19:51
I got it started on 2.0, but i tried to "load rom" and "run rom" but it didnt do anything. I put the PD roms that were included in the root of the mem stick. Any suggestions?

DPyro
March 10th, 2006, 19:56
I got it started on 2.0, but i tried to "load rom" and "run rom" but it didnt do anything. I put the PD roms that were included in the root of the mem stick. Any suggestions?
Rename the PD folder N64 (roms go in F:\N64\)

NTXA
March 10th, 2006, 20:00
It is practically to read the "readme.txt" before your started experiments

danperson1
March 10th, 2006, 20:03
sweet now im gettting some mortal kombat action on my psp, except i cant tell whats goin on. thanks for the help

christophe
March 10th, 2006, 20:09
actually pong runs at 42 fps...trying a few roms... they start un at 7-9.5 fps but stop....at this early stage it is MEGA encouraging....i cant wait for future releases.... well done monkey...

Mysteryman
March 12th, 2006, 01:14
kudos man, thanks a lot for your great and hard work. Happy birthday too. And would you consider a version that works with fanjitas 2.5 emulator? I love homebrew but the wave of 2.5 psp games coming out is too tempting. Anyhow thanks again.

crazyjohn
March 12th, 2006, 02:15
From reports the current version does work with the loader.

Shilo
March 14th, 2006, 01:26
fanjitas 2.5 emulator?

??????????????????? And I have a 2.5 PSP with fanjita's newest ELOADER and it runs fine:)

sroon
March 14th, 2006, 17:25
It works on my psps

J-Kwon
March 14th, 2006, 17:42
Encouraging start....

I urge you girlfriend to let you have more time on this project

I hope you make somemore significant improvements for the next release:D

P.S the PSMonkey is now the king of PSP HB :D keep your title by releasing new versions :D

:)