PDA

View Full Version : a thought has come to mind

superdrugyxx
March 7th, 2006, 04:17
what will the controls be? does the psp even have enough buttons. x, square, cirle, and triangle could be the c-buttons. start and select could be A and B. analog nub = analog stick. d-pad = d-pad. L could be Z. and R could be R. but that leaves out the start button and L. i guess you could find a way to use the volume buttons. or set them to the d-pad if you wont be using it for anything else like if you were to play zelda, start could be any of the four d-pad buttons and you dont need a L button.

i hope that made sense. im really tired.

PSmonkey
March 7th, 2006, 04:25
for the 3rd or 4th time :p

current setup
N64 - psp
D-Pad - D-Pad
Analog - Analog
Start - Start
Z Trig - Rright Trig

if (PSP L Trig not pressed)
{
B - Cross / X
A - Circle
Left Trig - Square
Right Trig - Triangle
}
else
C-Buttons - 4 Face buttons (triangle/circle/square/cross).

It works for now. :D

Festizzio
March 7th, 2006, 19:20
for the 3rd or 4th time :p

current setup
N64 - psp
D-Pad - D-Pad
Analog - Analog
Start - Start
Z Trig - Rright Trig

if (PSP L Trig not pressed)
{
B - Cross / X
A - Circle
Left Trig - Square
Right Trig - Triangle
}
else
C-Buttons - 4 Face buttons (triangle/circle/square/cross).

It works for now. :D
That's a very good setup. :) Also, was that code from the emulator? lol :D

Vega
March 7th, 2006, 19:43
Im sure this has been suggested, but how about including Display and music buttons? Its your setup man, but do you think they could make decent A and B buttons?

Sumo X
March 8th, 2006, 03:40
I don't think that scheme is going to work at all.

Some games require the d-pad, some require the analog.

My suggestion to you is to either include the ability to customize the control scheme (preferred), or make two seperate ones depending on if it's a d-pad/analog game.

Privateer
March 8th, 2006, 05:34
Did you read it right? The D-pad for PSP will be the pad for the emulator and the analog stick for the PSP will be the analog stick for the emulator. If you have a problem with the controls, it seems illogical that the pad/analog setup is it.

pkmaximum
March 8th, 2006, 22:48
personally PSmonkey i don't think the D-Pad should of stayed the same because how many n64 games actually require use of the D-Pad and if it does you usually can still be able to use the analog stick as a subsitute.

DPyro
March 8th, 2006, 23:26
I don't think it really matters just yet anyways. It's not like commercial roms are running, and for that matter its not like PD roms are very playable yet.

Sumo X
March 8th, 2006, 23:58
$n!pr is right- it doesn't really matter at this point.

What I was saying, though, is that a game will only require (I can think of only a select few that use both) either the d-pad or the analog stick to be used. Instead of the current system, where you have to hit the L button to activate the face buttons to be the c-buttons, activate only one of the two controlling mechanisms, allowing the other to be used as the c-button inputs (which weren't used for very meaningful things, anyway) so you can use the shoulder buttons as the N64s.

Vega
March 9th, 2006, 00:08
still, display and music buttons could fix that problem. Anyway, lets not jump the gun.

crazyjohn
March 9th, 2006, 06:31
The display and music buttons are not accesible enough to use for anything, especially not the A and B buttons if thats what your suggesting.