PDA

View Full Version : OpenGladiator RPG for PSP version 0.98r1

HardHat
March 7th, 2006, 07:05
Well, I think that there is some interest in RPGs on the PSP. But while we wait for a from-scratch RPG, I thought I'd surf around and find a finished one to port over. Well, here is my first release of the OpenGladiator RPG which was formerly a commercial game, and in the last four years has become a credible GPLed game for SDL.

The PSP version is compatible with the PC game saves, and you can do almost anything in the PSP port except type in custom names for characters/game saves. Try it out and tell me what you think.

I'm a 2.6 PSP user, so info on compatibility with 1.5 is always of interest.

Source (and more screenshots) are at http://www.adamcon.org/~dmwick/psp/

HardHat

Stewie2280
March 7th, 2006, 12:26
so have you tested it on 2.6 eek hope it works

HardHat
March 7th, 2006, 23:19
so have you tested it on 2.6 eek hope it works

Well, I've played through the first three scenarios on my PSP. I'm having trouble getting past the huge swarm of soldiers near the camp fire. To make it though the first three scenarios I have had to tune the keymaps a bit, which are included in the release 1. But I feel confident that a better gamer could go far without any updates from me.

There are two strange things about the port of this: my screen shots don't include text (but the actual game on the PSP does), and it normally would use software double buffering with SDL_UpdateRect, but PSP SDL doesn't work like that just at the moment. Must be a bug.

HardHat

wraggster
March 8th, 2006, 06:32
thanks for the news and release, ill move this over to the news forum :)

danknugz
March 8th, 2006, 07:58
didnt work with kploit, wants some config file
1.5 fw here
it started to load then bsod
any ideas?

danknugz
March 8th, 2006, 08:02
ok i dumped all the files ( exept eboot) into folder after installing via kploit, seems to work fine now. thanks!

controlls very touchy.

HardHat
March 8th, 2006, 15:22
The mouse emulation is still a little wierd. I keep slowing down the mouse, but I guess I haven't got it right quite yet. I'll see if I can fix it up a little more for the next release. Thanks for the feedback.

The location of the support files depends on the openglad.cfg file pointing to them. With kxploit, I guess it is not looking in the right spot by default. At least with the startup search, you managed to get it right.

HardHat.

firas moughrabi
May 27th, 2006, 06:39
i have a question, how can i work .rar games on my psp

mr_nick666
May 27th, 2006, 13:01
i have a question, how can i work .rar games on my psp

You have to unzip them 1st! .rar is a form of file compression! (I use WINrar) :o

This looks pretty cool - Im all up for the RPGs! :D

king_bobo
November 14th, 2006, 05:24
this used to be a game that i loved to play on dos, but sadly lost it somehow.
being able to play it on my psp is dreamlike, but sadly although i can run it and stuff, its still pretty slow.
like unplayably slow.
but thanks anyway.

HardHat
November 15th, 2006, 05:27
OpenGlad for windows is available too. Try it. Maybe it'll be better.

Redeaner
October 27th, 2009, 23:29
this used to be a game that i loved to play on dos, but sadly lost it somehow.
being able to play it on my psp is dreamlike, but sadly although i can run it and stuff, its still pretty slow.
like unplayably slow.
but thanks anyway.

Try increasing the cpu and iso/umd speed on the vsh menu to 333. that might work.

Hope i helped.

HardHat
October 28th, 2009, 16:49
Try increasing the cpu and iso/umd speed on the vsh menu to 333. that might work.

Hope i helped.

Well his one and only post was made 3 years ago. So although it's a good idea, I'm not so sure he'll ever read your suggestion.

I found it totally playable, since I finished the first 3 scenarios. But I don't know how he was used to seeing the game, since I didn't ever play the PC version.