PDA

View Full Version : PSP firmware 5.50 arrives to fulfill your every subfolder exploration need

wraggster
April 21st, 2009, 18:22
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/04/tmpphpegvbyd.jpg

There's a new PSP update in town, so hold onto your calloused thumbs. Firmware 5.50 borrows the PS3's XMB "Information Board" (pictured) for getting PlayStation and PlayStation Store news wherever you've got WiFi and a yearning, and there's also a games information search that works straight from the XMB as well. The update also brings the incredibly tardy ability to browse Memory Stick sub-folders for media, and Trend Micro Security and Safety for protecting the browser from malicious sites and protecting kids from adult content. It's not a landmark update, but it's something.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/21/psp-firmware-5-50-arrives-to-fulfill-your-every-subfolder-explor/

rbervoets
April 21st, 2009, 19:10
Woo :) hope they make a CFW soon

dawson345
April 21st, 2009, 21:15
They have blocked TIFF files though so that exploit could dry up if people upgrade

justicejoe
April 21st, 2009, 22:15
well wait till its decypted it might just be a cleverly hid trojan style attack against cfw psps. with security updates to frusterate our homebrews. or once again our generation will show the corperation, any thing they can do, we can do better. our generation is something to work with not against.

jeegee
April 22nd, 2009, 14:02
Spooky..... was only a couple of weeks since i was complaining to a friend about lack of ingame xmb func on psp after all this time..... thanks Sony :) Although i think i'll wait to see if DA can decrypt it first since latest psar dumper cant..... ;)

blackrave
April 23rd, 2009, 15:19
As far as I have understood, it does not have in-game XMB support; only the information board you see in the right corner on the PS3, with diverse news. Not very useful, in my opinion.

wiredforpower
April 25th, 2009, 14:54
This looks awesome, I cant wait for cfw of this.