PDA

View Full Version : NEOGEO CDZ Emulator for PSP 0.3.1 (NeoGeo CD Emulator for PSP)

wraggster
March 7th, 2006, 16:36
NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/) has updated his NeoGeoCD Emulator for the PSP, heres whats new:

translation of news via google follows:

* Game bigger loading.png than size of the picture it is used when, picture elimination normally action
It corrects the trouble where the picture of the loading.png is indicated in the background of the game picture.

Download via comments

The_Ultimate_Eggman
March 7th, 2006, 18:38
JESUS for gods sake leave it a while.Wait a month then update we are getting tired of constant releases.YAWN !!!!! Not alot can change in 2.1 days for gods sake.

ste
March 7th, 2006, 19:17
I agree that some of these releases come too often and could probably wait for one larger update but lets not moan about it. There seems to be a bit of a resurgence of emu's recently so lets not put these guys off!

Come-on AES emulation!
:)

babu
March 7th, 2006, 19:27
OMG i'am 1337 just becos i know how to post. The dev updates his code i don't see anything wrong with that. You n00bs use windows and that updates whenever and with whatever I don't hear you complaining. It doesn't take much to ignore the news if it's doesn't suit. So STFU and atleast respect someone who is actually coding, even if you don't agree with their style

P_O_M
March 7th, 2006, 19:30
So STFU and atleast respect someone who is actually coding, even if you don't agree with their style

w3rd

Erban Terrorist
March 7th, 2006, 23:10
Great Work NJ!!!! Keep It Up!!!!!!Thanx!!!

Lodis
March 7th, 2006, 23:19
JESUS for gods sake leave it a while.Wait a month then update we are getting tired of constant releases.YAWN !!!!! Not alot can change in 2.1 days for gods sake.

If the guy wants to release frequent upates then that is his decision. I think you are forgetting that he is under no obligation to release anything to anyone in the first place yet he chose to do so for free. Respecting someone is also free, if you dont like his frequent updates then simply ignore them and have some dignity about it.

O-bake
March 7th, 2006, 23:38
you don't have to download and use this release. you can just wait for a month or as long as you want. so where's the problem.

Voltron
March 8th, 2006, 02:04
Constant and frequent releases and updates are a GOOD thing. If you are complaining about it, thats just sad. A lot of these developers rely on us to report bugs and compatibility issues so they need to release an update everytime they compile a new build.

Nothing wrong with it. This is one of the best EMU's for any platform. Really great work NJ.

Illegal Machine
March 8th, 2006, 03:26
this is the best emu. and I appreciate the frequent releases.

if you don't agree then lick my chode

The_Ultimate_Eggman
March 8th, 2006, 08:56
LOL ok guyz point taken i wasnt dissing the author just askin to maybe hold of for a week or so before updates (blushing and feelin a fool here)

pspfanatik
March 9th, 2006, 03:42
You should feel like a fool. Let the man do his work and stop with the unnecessary comments and yawning. If you are going to criticise, at least do it in a humble matter. People like you make coders stop because you don't give them motivation. NJ keep going! You're the man!

felonyr301
March 18th, 2006, 23:00
is this the best neo geo cd emulator?

theblue
March 23rd, 2006, 12:01
pls! pls! can someone help me! pls I have a 1.5 psp and I can't get it 2 work.

sonofademon
March 30th, 2006, 10:50
You need a NEOGEO CD Bin file called NEOCD to get this EMU to work!!!(Google)

This EMU is needed for every PSP. Metal Slug on the PSP!!!!!!! :) :)

IWantMyMTV
May 20th, 2006, 13:54
is this the best neo geo cd emulator?

Running firmware 1.50 and version 0.4 Beta of this (NeoGeo CDZ) emulator...

I think it's the best NeoGeo CD emulator although NJ is always giving lots of credit to Yoyofr (and probably deservedly so...Yoyofr appears to be focusing on his excellent, excellent SNES emulator [hands down the best User Interface among all emulators] so it's great to have someone like NJ take over the NeoGeo CD reins)...

Here are my reasons (and mostly having to do with Turf Masters which is the perfect handheld game)...

First and foremost...

Save states...

This is huge and works great. It takes a bit of time to save the game state, but it works and you even have a cute screen snapshot so you know what game it is and where you were. The only problem I have with the save state is that when I save Turf Masters on the hole overview screen (ie. hole number, distance to hole, par, isometric view and bird's eye view), and then load that state, the screen is garbled. As soon as I hit 'X' to play the hole, the graphics are fine. I've just learned not to save on the hole overview (sucks when you come back to the game and you can't plan your strategy for the hole).

Next, when playing the Japanese and Australian courses on NeoGeoCDPSP, the backdrops continually rotated which was slightly annoying. I believe, at one time, that this happened on all four courses and Yoyofr released a version that fixed the American and German courses. NeoGeoCDZ works fine on all four courses.

Third, NeoGeoCDZ allows you to emulate the loading screens. This makes you wait longer to play the game, but it looks just like my old console...and some of the artwork for the loading screens is worth the wait. If you don't like it, you can turn it off. I just thought seeing that golf cart for the first time in a decade was cool.

Fourth, NeoGeoCDPSP would occasionally glitch with Turf Masters. It might have something to do with mp3 synchronization because NeoGeoCDZ keeps giving me a little error message saying mp3 synchronization lost, but the game (and sound) keeps playing. NeoGeoCDPSP would get graphical glitches when going to the menu screen where you select the number of players and all following screens were unreadable. It happened about 50% of the time, and I could never pin down what caused it. It hasn't happened yet with NeoGeoCDZ...just the mp3 error message.

As far as general speed and compatibility, I think both emulators are fairly equal. I don't play too many NeoGeo CD games (I couldn't afford them back in the day so never really got into them...the console was a major sacrifice to purchase), but the ones that I do, work fine on both emulators with the exceptions on Turf Masters noted above.

Thanks NJ (and Yoyofr) for all your work. We may never meet, but you should see the looks on people's faces when I show them NeoGeo and Super Nintendo games on the PSP. Nostalgia at its best. I have to beat 'em away with a stick. My best friend, who made fun of me for buying a PSP, now regrets his DS purchase. Homebrew and emulators are what make the PSP worthwile. Long live 1.5...

PS. NJ, if you read this and you have the time, when you update the user interface, just a couple of spelling errors...configuration is missing the 'u' and controller is missing the second 'l'. Thanks for all the hard work, and if you ever run for President of the U.S., you have my vote.