PDA

View Full Version : Man charged with beating son over poor video game performance

wraggster
April 21st, 2009, 19:12
In sad news, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that police in East Price Hill, Ohio have charged Terry Taulbee, 50, with beating his six-year-old son for poor video game performance. Taulbee was accused of spanking the boy on his buttocks and lower back and leaving marks.

Ironically, the game in question? Boong-Ga Boong-Ga.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/21/man-charged-with-beating-son-over-poor-video-game-performance/

XDelusion
April 21st, 2009, 19:49
And why is this public news? Why is this our business I must ask. Granted, it's pretty silly to spank your son just because he has not yet mastered so and so video game, but damn, when I was growing up, you got spanked in school via a paddle with holes in it. When I screwed up at home, my dad spanked me with a belt.

And on that note I got picked on a lot and called a lot of names in school, though now a days they call this hate speech...

...meh... never did me a bit of harm. Its the struggle that shapes the man, and if we all go sue happy, or invade our neighbor's private life by calling child services on them and this and that all the time...

...we'll end up with a bunch of kids with no balls and the inability to stand for them selves should a real need face them.

Anyhow, ya, leave this guy alone, red marks on the butt is spilled milk people.

kojiro7
April 21st, 2009, 22:11
boonga boonga or ooga boonga on dreamcast?

osgeld
April 21st, 2009, 22:31
And why is this public news? Why is this our business I must ask. Granted, it's pretty silly to spank your son just because he has not yet mastered so and so video game, but damn, when I was growing up, you got spanked in school via a paddle with holes in it. When I screwed up at home, my dad spanked me with a belt.

And on that note I got picked on a lot and called a lot of names in school, though now a days they call this hate speech...

...meh... never did me a bit of harm. Its the struggle that shapes the man, and if we all go sue happy, or invade our neighbor's private life by calling child services on them and this and that all the time...

...we'll end up with a bunch of kids with no balls and the inability to stand for them selves should a real need face them.

Anyhow, ya, leave this guy alone, red marks on the butt is spilled milk people.

ditto, theres quite a large difference tween spanking and BEATING!!!! (altho this is a stupid reason and does make you wonder what would happen if the kid broke a window with a baseball)

darkriku2000
April 21st, 2009, 23:30
legally, child abuse (by violence) is defined as intentional violence against a minor that leaves a mark

if he didn't leave a mark than it wouldn't have been a problem (legally) but in this case he did so it does

XDelusion
April 22nd, 2009, 02:56
Yep, welcome to the new world order where children are no longer our own.

Personally, I'm not looking forward to a future filled with politically correct (a term invented by the communist party in the 20's), neutered, male, pussy farts with steel toe boots kicking down doors, made brave by their guns and sense of loyalty to a religion which they never questioned called: Public Duty

JushinLiger
April 22nd, 2009, 10:26
He should have beat him with a sack of sweet Velency Oranges. They won't leave a bruise.