PDA

View Full Version : New Official Firmware cant be Decrypted ?

wraggster
April 21st, 2009, 22:31
via sceners.org (http://sceners.org/index.php?id=18)

As we saw yesterday, this new ofw has been finally released, with those subfolders and some fixes that were expected, to be honest.

Between those fixes it’s the recent TIFF exploit that was found and that it’s still under development, and it seems that there are also some bugs, like one that literally ****s the standby.
What do you think about those “new features”? Have you got any bugs like those or can confirm the standby one?
Edit: Seems like this new update has the encryption tables changed (at least the 1g one), as it can’t be decrypted with latest psardumper. Anyway, won’t be probably a problem.
— Alek
PSP,

Nafogel
April 22nd, 2009, 00:23
ha, I remember way way back in the day when they said 2.7+ couldnt be hacked, but look where we are now! All it needs is some time...

ICE
April 22nd, 2009, 02:57
Maybe I'm crazy but I would actually like it if somehow this firmware was unhackable. If that happened maybe I could actually play a game online without people cheating constantly.. An unhackable firmware required to play the new Socom when it comes out? Sounds good to me.

To bad its not going to happen :P

mike_jmg
April 22nd, 2009, 05:19
just needs some time

Paris/Tokyo
April 22nd, 2009, 08:22
I wish the TIFF exploit was under wraps until after E3, just in case the new PSP is unveiled. Kind of like how the Pandora exploit was revealed shortly before the 2000 launch..

Zin0099
April 22nd, 2009, 11:58
so does this mean i will be able to install cfw on my slim ta-088v3 psp?

mike_jmg
April 22nd, 2009, 16:31
^probably, just don't update to 5.50

xgamer91
April 22nd, 2009, 21:41
i tried this update today and standby works for me fine :) it seems, that the ta-82 board with a corrupt id-storage have this troube ;)
so there's no problem, if u want to update ur psp to 5.50
if u have a ta-82 board and have installed some time before FW 1.5, forget it, u will have this bug with the standby
cya^^