PDA

View Full Version : RunUMD ver00101a (Play GTA UMD & More on your v1.5 PSP)

wraggster
March 7th, 2006, 21:12
The Saturn Expedition Commitee (http://sec.pn.to/pw/?RunUMD) has released a new version of their UMD loader for the PSP, cant tell you whats new but download for yourself via comments and post your compatability.

As with the previous release this only works on v1.5 PSP consoles.

Download via comments

IndianCheese
March 7th, 2006, 21:53
So what's new??? Please tell, because I have GTA and want to downgrade, but I want full GTA compatibility.

Sumo X
March 7th, 2006, 22:07
Indiancheese-

What exactly are you looking for to have tested? I'd be more than happy to give it a shot.

Nevermind- game freezes after a couple of minutes. Still, it's nice to see multiple efforts to create a UMD loader for 1.5s.

Insane1
March 7th, 2006, 22:57
It does manage to load GTA WITH the cheatdevice...but as stated before, it crashes after a minute or two.

mrbonheur
March 7th, 2006, 23:13
Hi guyz!!

I got back from a 6 months trip last night....damn i had my gta copy with me since december without being able to play it....and u know what ???

All thanks to you guyz i have been playin it on my 1.5 psp for an hour now and no problems so far!!!

THANKS A LOT AND KEEP ON THE GOOD WORK! :D

Insane1
March 7th, 2006, 23:24
Hi guyz!!

I got back from a 6 months trip last night....damn i had my gta copy with me since december without being able to play it....and u know what ???

All thanks to you guyz i have been playin it on my 1.5 psp for an hour now and no problems so far!!!

THANKS A LOT AND KEEP ON THE GOOD WORK! :D
Hmmm...so GTA's worked for you for that long? Maybe I'll give this 2.00 UMD loader another go.

billykay77
March 8th, 2006, 00:46
no luck with SFTA US umd. :(

killurparents
March 8th, 2006, 01:06
no Pinball hall of fame either. arg!!

Voltron
March 8th, 2006, 02:00
Haven't tried this yet but the MPH Game Loader 1.1 plays GTA great. Whether you are driving, or on foot. Will try to see if custom soundtracks work later. It is great to see that 1.5 Firmware is getting more capabilities to rival higher firmwares.

TrumpetNemo
March 8th, 2006, 02:40
Anyone know if this works with Pursuit Force or the demo of it?

Sterist
March 8th, 2006, 06:50
lol i got that demo too

Apoklepz
March 8th, 2006, 22:55
I also got that Demo in the mail, but I let my neighbor with a v2.60 PSP borrow it from me. I read on PSP Updates that some guy got the UK version of the real game working, though...don't know how true that might be, but I just thought I'd let you know...I'm gonna try the demo out in the weekend to see if it runs....It's a shame about Street Fighter Alpha 3, I've had it since it came out, and still haven't been able to play it. Even the ISO I dumped from my legal copy fails to run on every loader out there.

pkmaximum
March 9th, 2006, 00:24
Bad news for all of you Dragon Ball Z fans. Just baught Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai and its does not load through any game loader because it requires firmware 2.6 unfort. I tried installing this firmware through firmware launcher and its not possible apparently. I keep getting an error unable to install firmware. So hopefully in the future this problem will be resolved and it will allow us to play Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai cause I always loved the Dragon Ball Z fighting games. So not being able to play this is a kick in the face to me.

Dimensio
March 15th, 2006, 08:48
Hmm. GTA:LCS crashes after a few minutes of play. This occurs even if I do not load the CheatDevice save.

Anyone else having this experience?

gavinh
March 22nd, 2006, 22:12
thanks

NSXR
April 27th, 2006, 17:30
It chrash with me too..

sidned
June 1st, 2006, 20:51
I'm trying to get Lemmings UMD to run with this, but it does not work. Has anyone managed to get this game to work on a 1.5 machine? I really don't want to upgrade this to 2.6 for the sake of 1 game.

I've dumped the UMD to an ISO, and none of the Fastloaders seem to work either.

Have the game manufacturers finally got the better of us?

V3N0M
June 2nd, 2006, 00:32
I just want daxter to work so i can go buy it lol.

Biznarie
July 11th, 2006, 06:20
Yah same for me GTA is crashing after a few mins of play, the mph game loader dosent work for me either

Baboon
July 11th, 2006, 08:42
Yep, GTA also crashes for me after a few minutes. Hopefuly this bug will be addressed in a future release?

I'm gutted cause RunUMD seems to be the only laucncher that works for me with my datel drive. Since downgrading from 2.6 to 1.5 Ive not been able to play the few UMD games that ive got: GTA, SFA2, Monster hunter and Capcom classics remixed (although this game has been made redundunt by mame! lol).

the one and only
July 11th, 2006, 08:55
lol, use the latest version of devhook, works like a charm. sadly i cant give u a link **cough**www.psp-hacks.com **cough**

Bad news for all of you Dragon Ball Z fans. Just baught Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai and its does not load through any game loader because it requires firmware 2.6 unfort.

**cough** the new devhook can emulate 2.6 **cough**

Have the game manufacturers finally got the better of us?

nope, the new devhook can emulate 2.6 thus allowing all of you to play your shiny games.