PDA

View Full Version : Commander Keen v0.99

wraggster
March 8th, 2006, 01:43
Hmm missed this release what with the server move and the soddin virus i picked up at a forum i visit :eek: , but heres the info from McZonk (http://teamemergencyexit.blogspot.com/):

Just a little new Version of Commander Keen for PSP. I thought I can release a final version but there are problems with episode 2&3. So it version 0.99 instead of 1.0. I hope to fix this bug soon. Or there next version will be 0.999 :)
Now loading and saving is supported. You can use the triangle to open save menu and you have 2 safe slots (left and right trigger). You can load via main menu (get back to main menu is also supported now).
Thanks to all old school gamers who love this game.

Download via comments

PSPh4ck3rCMD
March 8th, 2006, 11:49
Cool i always liked this game. Btw do you think it would be possible to port deus ex to psp or if any body is. I am thinking about it but not sure how hard it would be this would be my first port.

Moning2
March 8th, 2006, 12:36
lol, you cant just port any game, first of all you need the source code, and if the game isnt open source its not possible and i dont think deus ex is :) but who knows...

Mew
March 8th, 2006, 14:23
omg, I love Commaner Keen :E !!
McZonk, you're porting the best games ever! id software for ever \o/ !!

StealthCP
March 8th, 2006, 21:37
McZonk, you're a genius. From Quake 2 and now this, you keep my PSP with me and never let it go. I can't possibly get bored with this now I try keen 5 all over again XD. Thank you, and jesus I might as well donate as I have the money to spare.

As for you, PSPh4ck3rCMD, if you are knowledgeable enough to create a port of a game then you would know that Deus Ex would not be suitable. A great game as it is, it uses too much memory. However, a run down version may be possible if someone can port the Unreal engine to PSP without lots of crashes. McZonk is having the same problem at the minute, where the PSP just doesn't have enough memory to hold the textures, sounds and the map let alone everything else that happens all at once. Someday soon, someone within Sony or 3rd party developer will leak development source so we can write apps for 2.0+ and make full use of the hardware rendering -- even PS1 emulation will be no bother then.

OkornographyO
March 12th, 2006, 01:35
This is great. I can remember, I always played this when I was a kid. (:

Cloud_35
March 25th, 2006, 23:56
So, you need the source code to port to psp huh? But you can port any? for example... Final Fantasy VII?

Cloud_35
March 30th, 2006, 04:52
Sorry for the last comment (pointless indeed...). The game is great, I tried the original and it's obvious the porting quality in you, young Padawan:).

Jonnyh92
April 1st, 2006, 23:18
How do you get this on ur PSP?

maskedpillager
April 17th, 2006, 00:22
if youre a newb like me just copy everything from the 1.5 dir into psp/game dir. of course that is only if you have a 1.5 psp.

is there any chance of a port of commander keen: goodby galaxy? i enjoyed that one a lot more. =] ill give you a hug if you port it =].

grin.ch
April 28th, 2006, 20:21
you must be a n00b seeing as you spelled it wrong. lol
this game sucks! Why was it worth porting?

rassman15
May 15th, 2006, 01:37
i love commander keen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

balin65
July 7th, 2010, 02:08
I dont know if you are still out there mate, but Im desperattly looking for your aid... going to my summer place for 5 weeks long, no internet no connection with the world, I wonder if you could port this for me for my PsP 6.20 I would be eternally grateful. I miss this game sooo much from my childhood.

Yours truely John.

Please be out there somewhere, heed my call!