PDA

View Full Version : Skater Maze v0.1

wraggster
March 8th, 2006, 18:17
Hardhat (http://www.adamcon.org/~dmwick/psp/) who posted his great RPG game yesterday on our forums has a great site with many more releases for our beloved PSPs, heres the info from the first:

<blockquote>Writing in C using SDL (Simple Direct Layer)

You are skateboarding through along a path, minding your own business, when you suddenly find that you're being chased, by two mindless thugs from the other gang. Your only hope is to collect enough coins to take the bus home. Can you do it?

The levels are cleared when you collect 25 treasures. Coming within arm's reach of the thugs means you have to start that level over from scratch. Sometimes you need to dig to get to a coin, so use X to make the path clear -- but be careful the thugs can use the open paths too.

Based on a game idea "SuperChase" by Annthony Godshall from the book "Compute!'s First Book of TI Games".

Sound effects by www.meanrabbit.com.

Music is licensed under Creative Commons by Saga Musix (sagamusix.de.ms)

Installation

Included is the install folder for PSP (2.0+ or 1.0 -- if you use 1.5 you'll need to add a % folder, I'd guess)

Also included is a Win32 folder for Windows users out there. You'll need to gather up all of the .WAV .IT and .BMP files into the same directory to get it to work.

It should compile cleanly for pretty well any SDL + SDL_mixer system. </blockquote>

Screenshots and Download via comments

moejoe
November 29th, 2006, 18:42
Hm, i searched over the net and found that you are using my music. this is okay, but it would have been nice if you had contacted me first.

LAMPRO
November 29th, 2006, 19:21
Hm, i searched over the net and found that you are using my music. this is okay, but it would have been nice if you had contacted me first.

OOOOH CAUGHT OUT!! LOL.

HardHat
November 30th, 2006, 01:14
You published it under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs on your site, which means that as long as I include it unmodified, don't sell it, and give you credit, it is okay to do so. You didn't recommend on your site that I contact you first. I like your music, and linked to your site whenever I included it.

In a more recent game, I updated the link to point to your new website: http://saga-musix.ath.cx/

moejoe
November 30th, 2006, 19:23
Oh, i just wanted to tell you that the link changed, but as you already noticed that, i obviously don't have to inform you :)

hm, which more recent game? i don't have a PSP, is there any win32 version?