PDA

View Full Version : Where are the NEW emulators?

mrbob3
March 8th, 2006, 20:30
Ive been interested in emulation on the psp for some time. A few weeks ago i got a 2nd hand psp from game, found out it was 1.5 FW (lucky!) and ive been installing emulators. I have many emus that run really quick, speccy, c64 megadrive BUT out of the 5 snes emulators on the psp emu site, only 1 works and its slow, its the latest .30c release. The amiga emulator is mega slow too. The thing that i want to know is 99% of emulators were last updated over a year ago!!!! are new snes/amiga emulators being made and are any updates planned? apart from the speed thier nearly perfect. Thanks for your help guys

Lodis
March 9th, 2006, 01:13
All emulators can potentially run slowly if you have not configured them correctly. I run Snes TYL 0.3 ME on my 1.5 Psp and it is very fast, very near full speed for most games and all other games that I enjoy are playable. That particular Snes emulator was updated only a few weeks ago.

Also the GBC emulator is one of the best and very worth trying out, it is called Rin V1.32 or you can also use Homers Rin but that is optimised for 2.01+ firmware.

Kaiser
March 9th, 2006, 05:13
Yeah man PSP coders are even moving up to more advanced consoles. Nintendo 64, Playstation and GBA emulators are constantly being worked on.

felonyr301
March 9th, 2006, 06:38
gba- i will donate my hard earned money to the guy (or girl) who brings out a good working version gba emulator just waiting for it to be playable with sound.

mrbob3
March 9th, 2006, 20:13
cheers guys, ps, felonyr301, i have the GB rin emulator and it works 100% fine! Its great.