PDA

View Full Version : No play station, say Metro bosses - The Return of Sonys Daft Ads

wraggster
March 9th, 2006, 00:35
Source Manchester Evening News (http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/men/news/s/206/206881_no_play_station_say_metro_bosses.html)

METROLINK has been forced to cover up a poster on a tram platform reading: "Take a running jump from here". The poster, advertising Playstation, was spotted by a railway worker and Metrolink was ordered to take it down for fear it could encourage people to leap on to the line. Metrolink says the poster was the responsibility of JC Decaux, which is in charge of billboards at the station, and they were told to cover it up as soon it was realised what it said. The poster, on the platform in the underground station at Piccadilly, was covered over with tape and was due to be taken down today.

"The message goes completely against all our safety messages, particularly because Playstation is aimed at youngsters and we are constantly telling them not to trespass. Most recently, a 60-year-old woman needed hospital treatment after being hit by a tram in Piccadilly Gardens.

Sony, which makes Playstation, said they did not want to comment.

Well looking at the ad, it begs the question what idiot would put that type of ad in a train station, if you spot any more daft PSP ads post the photo or tell us via comments, Sony really needs to learn how to advertise :p

Insane1
March 9th, 2006, 02:14
O_o

...I'm going to proceed to laugh at Sony's advertisment department now.

lilvietquoc
March 9th, 2006, 04:24
hmm... dont really see how they figured out it was representing the psp... i personally never heard that slogan for the psp.... just the weird squirrel stuff "psp... HELLS YEAH!" ^_^

o never mind, didn't see the little icons in the bottom corner, thought they were blood stains, haha

Insane1
March 9th, 2006, 05:31
You know...how does that ad make any sense anyways? How could "Take a Running Jump Here" Help sell a PSP?? O_o

Sterist
March 9th, 2006, 05:41
You know...how does that ad make any sense anyways? How could "Take a Running Jump Here" Help sell a PSP?? O_o

i agree completely.

i say that 60yr old lady should pay sony 1mill for being that stupid

bullhead
March 9th, 2006, 08:18
The ad makes me think of morning cakes. The old lady has pased away. This is an outrage!

p4ch3c0
March 9th, 2006, 08:32
Anybody who actually does what that advertisement appears to instruct deserves all of the pain/death that they receive from following it.

shadowprophet
March 9th, 2006, 09:28
I personaly Think the ad should be taken down.
Im sure ill catch a lot flack because of my opinion.
But you have to realize. The whole worlds mentality is not summed up in our own thoughts an opinions. There are some truely disturbed and handicapped people out there. And just because most people are smart enough to know better doesnt mean everyone is.
Furthermore. Just becuase some people arnt smart enough to know better doesnt make it there fault there not. Some people have dissablities and problems and just planely just dont know any better.

Remember the Mcdonalds woman that had the cofee acident ?
im not saying she wasnt at fault for that. But lets face it just because a lot of people have a firm grip on reality doesnt mean everyone does. And for us that do have a firm grip on reality. Its our recponcibility to take into concideration that not everyone does. For if we dont stop to concider that not everyone is capible of seperating fact from fiction. Then is some ways we are flawed ourselves :rolleyes:

Just because somones not smart enough to not burn thereselves or know not to step out in front of moveing traffic, doesnt mean they deserve what happens to them if they do.
Those who know better have a responcibility to look out for those who do not.

How many times in history do you think, somone has stood by and watched somone die horibly and painfuly and thought to thereselves that person was stupid for doing what they did?! When in reality that person could have been spared a lot of hurt and pain. if somone had just simply yelled HEY WATCH OUT FOR THAT CAR! or HEY YOULL GET HURT!! But no people are more content to silently stand there ans watch the chaos and pain and suffering of somones else mistake, and say how stupid that was. Whos really more fractured in this world ? The people who dont know any better?
Or the people who do and just dont care?!

psp4me
March 9th, 2006, 10:04
I think Sonys new ads are really cleaver
Its implying you can take a running jump on the PSP i.e. a running jump in a game
Others signs I have seen have said,

Keep your girl friends white bits here i.e. your personal photos can be stored on the PSP.

X Rated video and Audio here i.e. you can watch X rated movies on the PSP.

Anyone who thinks these ads are aimed at children are to young or to stupid to understand them.

Well done sony.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
March 9th, 2006, 14:13
Lol makes u wonder doe'snt it jesus what next ?

vidgrip
March 9th, 2006, 15:44
Sony's new ad campaign...

Light yourself on fire!

aries2k4
March 9th, 2006, 17:12
I wonder if they put that ad near any bridges? lol also think Sony should use a little more commen sense. can you imagine someone suicidal jumping near one of those signs. the family would hit sony with a major lawsuit saying it was the ads fault. like shadow prophet said, its a pretty scewed up world we live in.

pepegomez
March 9th, 2006, 18:27
its just ad o.ô do u do what ads say? i think ur stupid if ur doing this...

mech2k
March 9th, 2006, 19:07
Hehehe This is hilarious.
This reminds me of those Nokia NGAGE ads in the UK - absolute genius. I'm not endorsing them putting in a train station, but bloody hell XD They're really stupid.