PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu Prize Giveaway: Guitar Hero Greatest Hits

Darksaviour69
April 24th, 2009, 14:10
Guitar Hero fans – vote for your favorite tracks to appear on Guitar Hero Greatest Hits and win a copy of the game!

http://www.dcemu.dreamhosters.com/pics/d/975-3/GHGH_EU_Logo.jpg

Guitar Hero Greatest Hits launches this summer and to celebrate its release Guitar Hero are giving you the chance to vote for your most memorable tracks via a widget application that can be shared amongst major social network sites and blogs. Plus you can win a copy of the game!

Starting today, you can download the brand new widget and start selecting tracks from previous games. Vote for the songs you love to rock out to, and determine the order in which songs will be revealed for Guitar Hero Greatest Hits.

Each week, a portion of the Guitar Hero Greatest Hits set list will be revealed based on which prior game captures the most votes.

Guitar Hero Greatest Hits will feature tracks from Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, and Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks The 80s. The new game will feature re-worked versions of all songs for full compatibility with guitars, drums, and microphones on classic Guitar Hero tracks.

Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits is available to purchase from 16 June 2009, and is available on Microsoft Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, Sony PLAYSTATION 3 and PlayStation 2.

So, what are you waiting for? Grab the widget and get voting for your best rock anthems here (http://greatesthits.guitarhero.com/widget.php?country=uk)

http://www.dcemu.dreamhosters.com/pics/d/974-4/GHGH_EU_X360+FOB+Shot_hi-res.jpg

We’re giving you the chance to be one of the first people to have a copy of the game, by winning one! We have three Xbox copies to give away, so for your chance to win all you have to do is to post a reply to this news post and answer the following question:

What song would you like to have in Guitar Hero Greatest Hits?

You may only post your answer once, and duplicate entries will be disqualified from the contest. This contest is only open to residents of the EU* only (sorry to all our members outside of that region).

This contest will close on Friday the 29th of May 2009.

If you want to post a reply to this post but do not qualify for the contest e.g. live outside the EU* please post "I'm not entering the contest" thanks

Winners will be chosen randomly from qualified posts and contacted via PM on the DCEmu forums and E-mail. If a winner does not respond within a week a new winner will be picked at random from the other entrants. No purchase necessary. One online entry per person (one e-mail address per person/address). Entry constitutes agreement by winners to be publicized and permission to use each winner's name for the purposes of promotion of the Contest without further compensation. Contest void where prohibited. Odds of winning dependent on number of entrants.

The winners will receive their prizes after the launch of the game (June 16, 2009).

*EU countries:Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom

ojdon
April 24th, 2009, 14:33
The Nirvana Tracks.

Gotta love Nirvana. B)

apex05
April 24th, 2009, 14:44
It has to be Motorhead Ace Of Spades... Let's see how many fake plastic guitars go up in flames then get smashed through Xbox's when we rock out to that.

RV2006
April 24th, 2009, 16:40
Obviously, The Metal by tenacious D
I love that tune!
Its either that or "Because its midnight!" by Tarantula 'cos that song rocks my world too! :D

leigh
April 24th, 2009, 18:02
i would have to say Jessica (The Allman Brothers Band song) also known as the theme song for the BBC's top gear ;-)

steve520
April 25th, 2009, 02:51
thats bullshit only for europe countries i dont care the best song they should have on there is Jordan hands down.

darkriku2000
April 25th, 2009, 05:54
I'm not entering the contest

I think that they should start putting in some weird Al songs

And it's not "bullshit" it's because the site is on a European server and the host of the contest lives in Europ

unigamer
April 25th, 2009, 09:26
Rainbow (had Ritchie Blackmore in it)

Since you been gone being the most famous.

lukeusher123
April 25th, 2009, 11:54
Personally, I would like to see more of Disturbed's Tracks,
I hope Stricken makes a comeback on Greatist Hits.

steve520
April 25th, 2009, 18:41
yeah it is pretty much bullshit i understand this site is based in europe but i mean if an american won i wouldnt mine just paying for the shipping.

adekunle
April 25th, 2009, 19:19
She Bangs the Drums by The Stone Roses

titch.ryan
April 26th, 2009, 11:32
i love this tune:

F.C.P Remix by Fall Of Troy

caffeinekid
April 26th, 2009, 15:21
I really want it to have Bark At the Moon by Ozzy on there, even though the song makes me cry tears of blood on hard/expert levels. :)

Triv1um
April 26th, 2009, 15:24
^ +1

Bark at the moon was great.

But I would like to see Freebird again.

goan02
April 26th, 2009, 23:18
no boundries by michael angelo, including over under technique

beetroot bertie
April 28th, 2009, 17:16
If you mean which song that's already from the current games, I'd probably pick 'Six' by All That Remains from Guitar Hero 2. Love that track :)

I also like 'Barracuda' by Heart from GH3. For some reason it makes me smile.

If I could have any track at all I'd like something silly to break it up a bit. Something like George Formby's 'When I'm cleaning windows' so I can be a wishi-washi Banjo Hero!

branik
May 5th, 2009, 16:46
Aya Hirano & god knows! I love the song and saw it played on gh not sure which one... Guitar there is sw33t. I guess.

xgamer91
May 5th, 2009, 16:48
No One Like You by Scorpions
The Best Song ever :) I play it always on Encore the 80's :) ist the best song i heard :)

Graxer0419
May 5th, 2009, 18:25
If I were to choose one of the old Guitar Hero songs I would probably choose "Killer Queen".

In my opinion Queen are one of the best bands im aware of that existed before my time. I also feel, despite me not being around when they were new, that they are better than the vast majority of bands nowadays.

If it wasn't for the fact that this is a compilation of previously used tracks however, I would say "Don't Stop Me Now" would be a great addition to the track list. Oh well, I can always hope for it in the next Guitar Hero.

I'm not entering the contest.

ShiftyBoy
May 5th, 2009, 18:26
Walkie Talkie Man

by Steriogram

Guyfawkes
May 5th, 2009, 21:51
Thankfully the song I wanted is already in Smash Hits, Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd... was in GH2 if I remember right.

For a brand new song, Ocean Colour Scene - The Riverboat Song. Great song and perfect for all the instruments.

gannon730
May 7th, 2009, 23:58
Blow me away - Breaking Benjamin

gotta love this song from Halo

Maurice10
May 14th, 2009, 18:48
I'd have loved to see "Sweet Child of Mine" by Guns 'n Roses :(

rbervoets
May 15th, 2009, 18:42
One (OR ALL!) of the TENATIOUS D songs!

leanmushroom
May 24th, 2009, 18:18
Stairway to Heaven!

enigmal5976
May 24th, 2009, 19:14
'No one knows' by Queens of the Stone Age (which has made it on the track list :) )

Track not on Greatest Hits I'd like is 'Crawl' by Kings of Leon

halochick
May 24th, 2009, 19:23
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters or Anthrax - I Used to Love Her. But Metallica Guitar Hero has less than week to go sooooo Anthrax it is!

catowen
May 24th, 2009, 19:55
no boundries by michael angelo, including over under technique

I would go for this one too!!!!

mithras0174
May 24th, 2009, 21:30
#Wild thing..you make my heart sing...#

Definitely The Troggs and Wild Thing

rbervoets
May 24th, 2009, 23:06
hmm the last few people only have 1 post count... i think someones making new accs to enter the compo :P

katesw
May 25th, 2009, 08:54
The Pick of Destiny -tenacious d

mhollins83
May 25th, 2009, 14:35
I'd have to say "I'm Not Okay" by My Chemical Romance

unreal1ty
May 25th, 2009, 15:06
Oasis - Wonderwall

oneday12
May 25th, 2009, 15:50
Greenday - Know your enemy

twirlywhirly
May 25th, 2009, 23:13
Aerosmith - Livin' on the Edge

kitchensunk
May 26th, 2009, 03:09
More Muse please! 'Plug In Baby' would be my choice. :thumbup:

wooohooo
May 26th, 2009, 11:49
Elo ,mr Blue Sky

nataljap123
May 26th, 2009, 16:25
[[/I][/I][/I][/I][/I]
Guitar Hero fans – vote for your favorite tracks to appear on Guitar Hero Greatest Hits and win a copy of the game!

http://www.dcemu.dreamhosters.com/pics/d/975-3/GHGH_EU_Logo.jpg

Guitar Hero Greatest Hits launches this summer and to celebrate its release Guitar Hero are giving you the chance to vote for your most memorable tracks via a widget application that can be shared amongst major social network sites and blogs. Plus you can win a copy of the game!

Starting today, you can download the brand new widget and start selecting tracks from previous games. Vote for the songs you love to rock out to, and determine the order in which songs will be revealed for Guitar Hero Greatest Hits.

Each week, a portion of the Guitar Hero Greatest Hits set list will be revealed based on which prior game captures the most votes.

Guitar Hero Greatest Hits will feature tracks from Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, and Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks The 80s. The new game will feature re-worked versions of all songs for full compatibility with guitars, drums, and microphones on classic Guitar Hero tracks.

Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits is available to purchase from 16 June 2009, and is available on Microsoft Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, Sony PLAYSTATION 3 and PlayStation 2.

So, what are you waiting for? Grab the widget and get voting for your best rock anthems here (http://greatesthits.guitarhero.com/widget.php?country=uk)

http://www.dcemu.dreamhosters.com/pics/d/974-4/GHGH_EU_X360+FOB+Shot_hi-res.jpg

We’re giving you the chance to be one of the first people to have a copy of the game, by winning one! We have three Xbox copies to give away, so for your chance to win all you have to do is to post a reply to this news post and answer the following question:

What song would you like to have in Guitar Hero Greatest Hits?

You may only post your answer once, and duplicate entries will be disqualified from the contest. This contest is only open to residents of the EU* only (sorry to all our members outside of that region).

This contest will close on Friday the 29th of May 2009.

If you want to post a reply to this post but do not qualify for the contest e.g. live outside the EU* please post "I'm not entering the contest" thanks

Winners will be chosen randomly from qualified posts and contacted via PM on the DCEmu forums and E-mail. If a winner does not respond within a week a new winner will be picked at random from the other entrants. No purchase necessary. One online entry per person (one e-mail address per person/address). Entry constitutes agreement by winners to be publicized and permission to use each winner's name for the purposes of promotion of the Contest without further compensation. Contest void where prohibited. Odds of winning dependent on number of entrants.

The winners will receive their prizes after the launch of the game (June 16, 2009).

*EU countries:Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom

bizywizy
May 26th, 2009, 18:25
always - aerosmith

T--J
May 27th, 2009, 00:59
Ace of Spades by Motorhead gets my vote.

chr1sbean
May 27th, 2009, 09:24
lol rbervoets!!

I was lucky enough to win the Nintendo DS and big bang mini when that competition was running and the truth is that I think I was a 1 poster when I entered!

I dont know about the others though, but I have been lurking on this site for years but dont ever write on the forums - as i do for many gaming sites! Dunno guess I might just have a fetish for lurking!

ooooo with regards to the competition....

YAY!! Someone else mentioned Walkie talkie man by stereogram!! That song would work so well on guitar hero - although it would be one of the easier tracks it would still be bloody fun to play!

goan02
May 27th, 2009, 13:06
no boundaries by Michael Angelo, including under over technique

maddymonster
May 27th, 2009, 21:00
Got to be black magic woman. Took me longer to master than any other track.

sweetiepie82
May 27th, 2009, 23:20
I think I will get completely ripped for this, but it has to be The Final Countdown by Europe!

Or Van Halen's Jump, just classics :D

Joshuaj12
May 28th, 2009, 01:11
Either Some Of Scorpions Songs Like Alien Nation, Hit Between The Eyes, And More With Great Guitar Parts, And Some Queen

cathyj
May 28th, 2009, 11:42
I want to break free - queen

blondecaz
May 28th, 2009, 12:14
Thin Lizzy definitely - Don't believe a word, or Dancing in the moonlight

sadiewoohoo
May 28th, 2009, 12:44
A design for life by the manic street preachers

alexlukeshelby
May 28th, 2009, 17:59
Money For Nothing by Dire Straits.

salvagebrav
May 28th, 2009, 18:48
Bob Dylan - Blowin in the wind

sheenaread
May 28th, 2009, 21:19
Anything absolutely anything!

dawson345
May 29th, 2009, 09:53
La grange is a sweet song, very cool and groovy.

Darksaviour69
May 29th, 2009, 22:47
Contest closed

trugamer
May 29th, 2009, 23:48
Tortuga by Talco, something a little different ;)

And the guitar will be easy :D

EDIT: Damnit too late lol