PDA

View Full Version : FFCC: My Life as a Dark Lord Resurfaces in Japan

Shrygue
April 24th, 2009, 22:23
via IGN (http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/976/976157p1.html)

Square Enix announced a Japanese release today for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Dark Lord. So why does this matter to you, the presumably non-Japan-based gamer? How does new screenshots and a few new details on the game sound?

As previously detailed at its Game Developers Conference unveiling, My Life as a Dark Lord is a sequel to the early WiiWare game My Life as a King. Things have flipped around somewhat, though. This time, you take control of a demon and attempt to keep adventurers from making it up to the top of your tower and stealing your dark crystal. To achieve this, you position traps and monsters around on the various floors of your tower.

In the Japanese version, the demon you control is named Mira. She's known as "Miss" in the English version. The background story, as detailed at the newly opened Japanese official site, kicks off when a mysterious object is seen flying through the sky. That object is your tower -- yes, it's one of those flying towers that everyone's talking about! Mira, who became the Dark Lord following her father's death and now longs for world domination, issues a battle decree against all the world's adventurers.

How exactly the game plays out is still somewhat of a mystery, and that's despite a full blowout in this week's Famitsu. It appears that you'll use "Negative Power" to place your traps and monsters about the floors. You end up clearing a stage once you've defeated a certain number of adventurers. Should your traps and monsters fail, the adventurers slowly advance up your tower.

The site lists the following staff members for the game:

Producer: Iwano Hiroaki, Shiba Takamasa
Director: Hiroyasu Kaneko
Scenario Director: Motomu Toriyama
Main Character Design: Yasuhisa Izumisawa
Composer: Kumi Tanioka
Art Supervisor: Toshiyuki Itahana
Executive Producer: Akitoshi Kawazu, Yu Miyake

A Japanese release for My Life as a Dark Lord is set for June. As the US version was announced first, we hope this means a worldwide release won't be too far off.

kevenz
April 25th, 2009, 00:27
I wonder if it's similar to Dungeon Keeper.