PDA

View Full Version : How to I convert self bootable files to non-self bootable?

law56ker
April 25th, 2009, 17:36
Why do I want to create a non self-bootable emu/app?

There is a special format called gigarec, *exclusive to some plextor drives* that allows you to burn over one gig of information on a single cdr.

The limitation of the format is that it must be a single session which means you can't have a self boot disc.

So I need someone to explain to me, what files I need to check and edit, how to build the iso, and what programs I'll need.I need it so the emu/app single session and boots off a boot-disc instead of being a 2 session self bootable. Maybe someone could make a little package for me. Thanks for the help

Once someone helps me, I'll try burning in gigarec format and post the results.

Darksaviour69
April 25th, 2009, 19:29
I not sure, but if you just burn them on as a data disc and use dchakker (i think you can disc swap with it, ie use it as a boot disc)

here is a guide,
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26664

WhizzBang
April 25th, 2009, 19:54
I think it is very unlikely that it will work unless this gigarec format is the same as the GD ROM format.

I haven't burnt a DC image in years but was in on the homebrew scene from the beginning before self booting was possible, so I do remember a few details that may help you.

Firstly, the IP.BIN file needs to be an unscrambled one. The one that you inject into a self boot image is always a scrambled version of the file.

Next, you don't need to create an image file for non-self boot DC stuff and you can use multi-session discs.

To make a non-self boot copy of any thing you just burn all the files required to a CD using any CD burning software with the unscrambled IP.BIN in the root directory. you do not need the audio file or anything complicated.

law56ker
April 28th, 2009, 06:26
Ok sounds good, i'm going try it soon.