View Full Version : Whats the PSP Game thats Gave you the Most Playtime ??

wraggster
March 9th, 2006, 18:23
Its question time again :D

Anyway while i was playing ChampionShip Manager PSP (http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=8418&lsaid=219793) today in my dinner break at work (and truth be told whenever i can sneak some gaming time in :p) i was clocking up the hours and its by far the game that ive spent the most time playing, followed by Fifa Soccer.

Whats the game thats gave you the most airtime ?

joejoe912
March 9th, 2006, 18:28
fifa 06 gave me hours of gameplay but i have found a game even better----------- NFL street2 i have been playing this game now for a week non stop and there is still loads to do. Also you cant forget about burnout!!! :cool:

wraggster
March 9th, 2006, 18:30
i tell you a game i get bored with quickly and thats GTA libertycity stories, 30 mins of it and i just start killing everyone out of sheer boredom :P

joejoe912
March 9th, 2006, 18:31
yeh that was a big let down for me, i upgraded to play it, completed it in a few hours then downgraded again.

-----God bless the psp------

although with the new umd loader i might start playing it again--if i get desperate......

Voltron
March 9th, 2006, 19:12
X-MEN Legends 2 - The large amounts of characters, unlockable content, vast upgradable powers, and almost infinite customization make this a great action/rpg hack 'n slash. Really impressive.

Looking forward to try Generation of Chaos if someone can figure out how to get it running on a 1.5 PSP.

Gamelver
March 9th, 2006, 19:18
hmmm.....well, I suppose it'd be the latest SNES emulator. It's almost perfect, as is the system it emulates, so I'm busy using that all the time ;)....for PSP games Metal Gear Acid was great, though. I had tons of battles with friends that could last a couple hours...ah, good times. can't wait for MGA2 :D.

thebritons
March 9th, 2006, 19:39
ridge racer logged a lot of my time(if it recoreded it). id say i spent the most time playing that game.
second id say coded arms.

ste
March 9th, 2006, 20:05
Pro-Evo Soccer 5 and NeoGeo emulation for me

Emeriastone
March 9th, 2006, 20:10
I played Prince of Persia: Revelations for PSP, it's a port of Warrior Within, and it definately takes a large chunk of time to complete. I didn't even get all the life shrines (for an alternate ending that fits into POP3, The Two Thones).

Poem58
March 9th, 2006, 20:13
MLB....Last long on battery, looks grat, plays great...Cleveland Indians 47-2 so far in season..9 starters in top 11 batting. Was blowing everyone away online which was no fun cause they kept disconnecting by about 2nd - 3rd inning. :) Haven't had much time to play...hoped to be done with season by now.

Chalkbot
March 9th, 2006, 20:27
Lumines.

I've put about 100 hours into it now.

Mostly focusing on 60 second mode but I've also "beat" all the other modes.

My 60 second high score is 99 for anyone who wants to know. My co-worker is currently ahead of me at 103. :mad:

pkmusicmaker
March 9th, 2006, 20:33
Wipeout pure - so many speeds and medals to get. Plus with all these levels they keep adding, I'll never finish.

LC_killer
March 9th, 2006, 20:33
socom, ive been playing that nonstop since christmas. online play is awsome, but there are many many bugs that need to be fixed for online. that and Hot Shots Golf.

cancan
March 9th, 2006, 20:40
GTA, Ridge Racer, AOTM, SNES emulator (The lost vikings)

indstr
March 9th, 2006, 20:47
GRIPSHIFT, for sure

Cap'n 1time
March 9th, 2006, 21:02
wipeout. First game I bought and the only game I havnt totally completed.

kayhanbakid
March 9th, 2006, 21:25
CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER! 10 SEASONS SO FAR!

and in a distant second, FIFA 2006. I've played Virtua Tennis a lot too.

Hevyduty
March 9th, 2006, 22:14
Definitely Lumines. I was an addict for a long while there. Wipeout Pure is second. Ridge Racer is third.

PlayingKarrde
March 9th, 2006, 23:31
Lumines, Ridge Racer, Wipeout, Virtua Tennis. I sincerely wish it were different.

shrimpidy
March 9th, 2006, 23:39
At first it was greatzky but that game's crap now. Liberty city stories got a bit boring until I figured out that u can drive on walls and fly. But the most timesonsuming game i've probably played on the PSP is burnout.

bullhead
March 10th, 2006, 00:07
gtalcs but since i came across homebrew not so much. My uncle made me an amazing psone emulator so im getting loads of time out of tenchu and syphon filter2.

samthegreat68
March 10th, 2006, 00:32
SNES emulator and tetris. but why dosnt your uncle distribute this ps1 emulator? I would love ps1 games on my psp!

bobcobb
March 10th, 2006, 00:32
I played a crapload of burnout. GTA was more of the same, fun yes. Can I play it forever, nah.

His uncle won't distribute it because he is a liar, there is no psone emulator that works.

Damian666
March 10th, 2006, 02:17
The largest game I've completed was The Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion it took me 49h:22m:57s, that's freakin' long.

Damian666
March 10th, 2006, 02:19
The largest game I've completed was The Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion a Japanese RPG it took me 49h:22m:57s, that's freakin' long. Boy am i glad I finished it though

Damian666
March 10th, 2006, 02:20
Sorry I didn't mean to post the same thing twice...

onetwentyeight
March 10th, 2006, 02:23
since it sickly tells you, over 100 hours in mgs acid. probably near that much in thug2 (stopped at thps3 on the ps2, so this was all new to me and even offered revisits to some of the thps3 levels). emu with the most time: one of the snes (whichever was newest while i was finally beating zelda for the first time). app with the most time: bookr (hey, i read, too, and not just faqs and strategy guides).

michael jackson
March 10th, 2006, 02:45
tales of eternia, so far i'm stuck at the last boss... i gave up after she slammed me with 6 unblockable hits of 2-3k... max hp is 9999 btw... either way i finally get to complete tales of destiny2 (toe) i put maybe a good 40 hours? i skipped alot of sub quest and il go thru another round picking up all the extra stuff, best psp game so far

ClintiePoo
March 10th, 2006, 04:22
Lumines. I played and played that game. It's so mindless. I love it.

Privateer
March 10th, 2006, 04:36
Ooo... I dunno... well, lemme think about each of my/our (my bro and I share) games...

Lumines: Best puzzle game I've played, but didn't find myself playing it as much as you'd think. 13ish hours.
Midnight Club 3: Fun for a little while. Didn't play it as much as Lumines... 8ish hours.
Twisted Metal: Hardly played it. Less than 2 hours.
GTA LCS (borrowing): Solid game, but I seemed to lose interest. 10ish hours.
Kingdom of Paradise: Underrated! I played that game at least 25 hours (though a lot of time was spent running from place to place because I never listened to the story and kept forgetting where to go).
THUG2Remix: I enjoy the Tony Hawk games quit a bit. Probably played around 17 hours.
Prince of Persia: My brother still has it. I actually haven't tried it yet. :S

So... yeah. I guess Kingdom of Paradise wins. :0

Now if you count emulators as single games, "RINBoy" (as I call it) wins. However, if you're judging by individual ROMS, none of them were played for more than a few hours.

kaoss-b
March 10th, 2006, 05:49
GTA LCS,
Ridge Racers,
Lumines

Well... I have to say that are all the games I have. :D

Lodis
March 10th, 2006, 05:56
GTA LCS. Sometimes I will play this properly, complete missions and side tasks but alot of the time I will just drive around, explore, cause trouble etc. To me the open-ended gameplay is what makes it the best because nothing is the really the same when you play it. I think this game is one I will be playing for a very long time and now on my 1.5 Psp.

crazy_biker420
March 10th, 2006, 06:31
i play games on the psp consol i like psp allot it is the best thing that has ever been made

Fragggle
March 10th, 2006, 07:40
Burnout and Everybodys Golf (when I'm feeling tired and want a slow moving game) :)

bullhead
March 10th, 2006, 08:24
thats right i am a liar, it was just a very realistic dream. but just because i dreamed it doesnt mean it didnt happen.

kiore
March 10th, 2006, 10:13
I think that finaly getting mame to run on 2.00 > 1.50 and easily converting the emulators from 1.00 has taken up a lot of my spare time . but been able to play crazy kong , scramble , galaxian and all the others is a huge BUZZ for me

samidgley
March 10th, 2006, 11:21
I've pretty much only devoted any time to Tales of Eternia... it makes me miss bus stops

SmashinGit
March 10th, 2006, 11:29
I've now had my psp for over a year now and the only commercial game i have is Ridge Racer, nothing else has interested me in the slightest. I only use it for homebrew and emulation, C64 and Sudoku are what I play the most.

VFerg
March 10th, 2006, 12:00
Socom - Online play is so much fun! I didnt like it when i first braught the game but picked it back up like 4 months later and havent put it down in weeks. The profile they give you is so great! Its actually a better setup then some console games which I think is funny.

For emulation Ide have to say SNES only because ive rebeaten several RPGs with it but a close second is the NeoGeo emulator. It is the coolest thing to play a game of Last Blade anywhere with perfect frame rate.

predator123
March 10th, 2006, 12:01
u played pro evo 5 psp?

bullhead
March 10th, 2006, 13:53
pro evo 5 is excrement for psp ilovit!

mog
March 10th, 2006, 14:44
Out of the four games I own (see my sig.) I would say Everybody's Golf because its quick and easy to play on a lunch break and also for its cute animations :p
But now I finally have Lumines working on fw 1.0, I recon this is going to be the most played game.

I wish I owned more games, but it is hard getting games that work with fw 1.0...
Would be great if MPH had time to get his programs working on 1.0 :(
It would be great if there was a comprehensive list of what games run on which firmware, but I can't find one any where.

I have started making my own list, but I havent got very far yet.
One thing I have noticed tho, is the lower number UCES / ULES code of the game, the lower the firmware needed.
So for now im only buying games that have very low number codes.

geise69
March 10th, 2006, 15:52
Number 1 would be Ridge Racers, then Lumines and in a close third Hot Shots Golf Open Tee since i owned those games the longest since I've been on 1.5. Now it's Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max and will probably be Gradius Portable when I get it, since I'm on 2.5 firmware now.

SoQb0nc5r
March 10th, 2006, 17:14
GRAND THEFT AUTO, and i have a very cool reason. I got bored of the mission quickly, then i downloaded the cheat, in that you can increase ROCKET BOOST to about 7-10 and get any car, or a RHINO to do vigilante missions. Best way is to use 1st peron view (select) and drive with high speeds. Also you can spawn a diablo car and race, one is wichita garden in shoreside vale and other near the stadium in staunton island.

I just enjoy killed enemies in vigilante mission while driving around in a rhino at HIGH speeds :D

danonano420
March 10th, 2006, 21:53
bof 3 !

ClintiePoo
March 11th, 2006, 00:31

I hope you mean excellent. :)

Kaiser
March 11th, 2006, 01:15

ROFL :D

melancholy
March 11th, 2006, 16:56
Probably for me the game I have played the most is Dynasty Warriors. There's just something about that game that keeps me going back to it. I probably sunk about 30 hours into it.

Cap'n 1time
March 11th, 2006, 17:07
dont tell me none of you have ever excreted when you played a good game.

archronos
March 11th, 2006, 19:41
dont tell me none of you have ever excreted when you played a good game.
lmao!!!
Lumines!!!! is the best game
but i'm still a newb