PDA

View Full Version : Which Next Gen Console, Interests You the Most

wraggster
March 9th, 2006, 18:32
The handheld battle is going well with basically 3 powers, 2 of them with great Commercial games and all of them with a thriving Homebrew Scene, im talking about the Nintendo DS (http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/), PSP and GP2X (http://gp2x-emulation.dcemu.co.uk/) of course :)

But which of the new consoles interests you the most, sure the Xbox 360 (http://xbox360.dcemu.co.uk/) is already out but that doesnt mean it will win the war worldwide, the Revolution (http://revolution.dcemu.co.uk/) looks to be a great console and that backwards compatibility and emulation possibilities gives you a lot to think about but theres also the PS3 (http://ps3-evolution.dcemu.co.uk/) that is supposedly gonna slamdunk both its competition.

Which system interests you most and Why ?

joejoe912
March 9th, 2006, 18:35
i dont know much about the gp2x but the ds sux

psp is from god
ps3 is from space (it will take lightyears to get here)
360 is from bill gates lol 360 rox my sox!!!

Elsid
March 9th, 2006, 18:40
PS3 Definetly

Voltron
March 9th, 2006, 19:07
Yeah, I gotta say the PS3 also. I'm the kind of person that likes to have them all but with the prices so high on next-gen consoles, I need to prioritize. So I would add PS3 to the top of the list. The out-of-the-box Blu-Ray player alone is a huge selling point. Sony is planning on taking a huge loss initially on the PS3 because they are confident it will come out on top. So am I!

felonyr301
March 9th, 2006, 19:14
uhmm guy you do know that there might be two versions of the ps3 just like the xbox 360 but one is gonna play blue ray movies (expensive one) and the other is not going to play blue ray movies just blue ray games . one that plays blue ray movies probably cost 600-700 and the one that doesnt play blue ray movies probably costs 400-500 and remind you none is gonna have a hard drive! seeing how the xbox 360 did with the two versions and the expensive was successful sony is going to bet that just for the blue ray movie playback they will be able to sell the expensive one alot more than the regular to just not lose too much money. rememeber this is business whatever seems to make more money will be the solution they will use it.

grieverxiii
March 9th, 2006, 19:48
I doubt Sony will make 2 versions of the PS3...where'd you hear that btw felony? Sony's banking on the success of the PS3 to help Blu-Ray win out against HD-DVD - basically if the PS3 tanks, Blu-Ray will most likely end up losing also. That having been said I'd almost guarantee you that all PS3s will play Blu-Ray movies, it'd be stupid for them to come out with a console that is the flagship of their new format and will help Sony win the format war...and not have it play said format. Besides, come on...Sony can easily incorporate both game, music and movie playback - there's no way it'd cost $100 extra to make a PS3 that plays movies. Regarding the HDD, if it really ends up not having one - that's one reason why 360 and Live will dominate PS3 Online.

Anyway, for me, I'm going for all three yet again. 360 because it will almost assuredly have the best online service (sorry Sony, but even if you copy all of Live's features you don't have the experience or the hookups just like MS didn't have the experience or the connections for Xbox to beat PS2 and Nintendo...yeah seriously SSB is fun but I'm not playing 4 games online for 5 years)

I like PS3 for the obvious massive third party support (though i believe FPS will be better on 360 because of Live) and the Blu-Ray functionality for my movies.

Finally, I like the Revolution because it's a different take on gaming and while I believe it will ultimately not be enough to push Nintendo to even 2nd place, I'm probably like most people who aren't Nintendo fanboys in that I'd love to be able to play the new Marios and Zeldas but I also know those games will probably make up 90% of the list of worthwhile purchases for Revolution. Stuff like Madden etc though I'll be playing online on a different console =)

EDIT: Yeah..."game, music AND movie"

jwilds73
March 9th, 2006, 19:53
PS3 needs to have reverse compatibility and a UMD drive. Sony is cutting back on UMD movies for one because the only device capable of playing them is a PSP and they cost just as much as dvd's. If the PS3 has a umd drive and reverse compatibility I will buy one for sure.

Emeriastone
March 9th, 2006, 20:12
PS3 because of 1337 Pwnage...

Voltron
March 9th, 2006, 20:23
I find it hard to believe Sony will release 2 PS3's. One playing ONLY Blu-Ray Games and the other playing Blu-Ray Games and Movies. A Blue-Ray Disc is a Blue-Ray Disc. That would be absurd to have 2 versions and charge more to unlock movie playback. It would be yet another slap in the face of consumers by Sony.

pkmusicmaker
March 9th, 2006, 20:31
I feel like X360 was rushed, and I really don't see a big enough difference from XBOX to upgrade. PS3, I'm hoping/assuming, will be a much bigger jump in technology. The Revolution just seems like fun, I'm actually excited to see how that goes. Overall, I pick PS3 though. I just have a lot of confidence is Sony I guess.

bizarre
March 9th, 2006, 20:44
Obviously PS3, because i will have all that i want (Best Graphics, The mayority of Best Games, and Retro compability)

indstr
March 9th, 2006, 20:46
the new personal computer 382385726 has me most interested

Cap'n 1time
March 9th, 2006, 20:59
nintendo... cause im too old to be playing some games... and Nintendo is the only company that takes pride in making fun and creative games. plus i think sony and microsoft are evil empires. Im sorry.. but nintendo's the most interesting.

10shu
March 9th, 2006, 21:07
do u really beleave the ps3 will be more powerfull than the x360?

the next console i wait for is the revolution...

garfit
March 9th, 2006, 21:21
ps3 will be much beta than xbox 360
xbox 360 has rubbish graphics and i prefer keepin my ps2 and waitin 4 ps3 then havin a 360
plus ps3 will have much beta games like killzone, mgs4, gta, gran turismo, MoH, getaway, tekken, motorstorm etc
i dont no ne1 whos got a 360 but i no loadza ppl who r gonna get the ps3
ps3 will be the best next-gen console by far

kayhanbakid
March 9th, 2006, 21:22
honestly, i'm tired of the super complicated games and the $ONY BS. I just want to play mario so i'll get the revolution. nintendo does have the more fun games.

psp4me
March 9th, 2006, 21:23
The PS3 is what im waiting for

The control Pad on the new Nintendo looks like it could be put to good use.
The problem is the recylcled Super Nes games they bring out for it wont use it.

I do hope that they put it to good use, I suppose I am a sony "fan boy" as they say, but I still give other things a chance. If good games come out that use it I'll invest in one.

No to the 360 bill gates has tooooooooooo much money

b8a
March 9th, 2006, 22:06
Wow, I'm surprised there are people here thinking exactly what I was... The Revolution (surprisingly) is the one I'll be most interested in buying. Not the most technically advanced of the three by far, but Nintendo's policy of making game machines that are "just" game machines is starting to pay off, in my opinion. A lot of recent games for the PS2 are so bloody complicated that by the time you figure out how to play them well, the whole excitement factor has dropped off completely. By contrast, even recent GC games are much like the old first generation NES games, just pick them up, have fun, and put them back down. Also, Nintendo has a nice track record of making games that are fun sharing with friends and family. I find that, anymore, most of my time alone I spend working as opposed to playing games, so the most game playing I've done in the past year or so has been with friends on multiplayer GC games. It really looks like Nintendo is going to capitaize on this concept with the Revolution.

But, other than that, the PS3 is my de facto choice. The PS3 doesn't really excite me (the PS2 still hasn't lived up to it's full potential), but I think that it will end up getting a lot of great games, so I'm sure I'll end up getting one, but probably not untill it's been out for more than a year. XBox sounded like a joke from the first moment I heard about it, and even now with the 360, I just can't get excited about it. I hear a lot about how popular it is, but I don't personally know anyone who's in to it. The only person I know who has a XBox stopped using it after three months and it's just been gathering dust since. That's an expensive paperweight(!_!)

But, honestly, now that portables are becoming just as good as consoles, consoles are in no way a priority with me! Who wants to play a game that they have to put down everytime they leave the house, when they can play one that they can take with them? Bring on the cell-powered PSP(!_!)

samwise91
March 9th, 2006, 22:16
im sorry, but to all you sony fan boys out there who drink up facts about ps3 being so godly powerful. yeah perhaps it is more powerful? but have you seen the system specs compared to the 360? theyre barely better! and theres proof on gamespot.
yeah perhaps ps3 will support 1080p, but who has a 1080p tele? seriously. sony try to be clever by releasing different disc formats, look whats happened to UMD!

Also
whats with the controller?

The xbox 360 is a decent console, ok. so maybe it hasnt had the best start. but, look at the online features. its fantastic. Xbox live is the most advanced online system ever. Sony has no experience in online gaming.

The only reason PS3 may win is because of the fan base. The ps2 sold because of the ps1. the ps1, hands down, was fantastic, but the ps2 suckered off that. Any decent game thats come out on ps2, maybe bar Final fantasy, has come out on xbox or gamecube. I like the psp because it can be hacked . so i can play NINTENDO games on it. I dont actually play on the psp games that much. ok, maybe gta or wipeout. but seriously...

And whats happened to the release date for the ps3?
christ, its like waiting for half life 2...

and that wasnt even as good as it was hyped out to be.

Perhaps i am lenient toward nintendo and microsoft, but i can seem to recall. none of the consoles i have by nintendo or microsoft have broken down.
ooo... ps2... give it a year... GAH! DISC READ ERROR!
grrrr....

so before you playstation fanboys start drooling over the george forman griller, think again.

SSaxdude
March 9th, 2006, 22:19
What's the point of the Revolution? It's pretty much pay to play emulators, which is the stupidest idea ever. I like Nintendo (I own all of their cardridge based systems,) but lately Nintendo is trying to be innovative and not let the innovation come naturally. I would have to chose the 360 because many of the planned games excite me. I'm not saying that the PS3 is bad, I might buy one when it becomes cheap, but I'm just not interested in their games. Plus, my PS2 broke down, so I would feel nervous buying a PS3 on lanch date. What I don't like about Sony is that they aren't improving the controller. All of the screenshots of PS3 games aren't actually the games in action, they're cutscenes. By the way, 360 graphics don't look bad if you look at screenshots of some of the newer games (Fight Night, Elder Scrolls.)

10shu
March 9th, 2006, 22:57
actually on paper the 360 is a little more powerfull than the ps3.(don t beleave sony video there all CGfake remember how they lie about the "powerfull" emotion engine...the cell procs is the same bullshit)...games will look the same on both console.
and next gen game are so expenssive to make than most of the editor will bring games on both machine to make more money...

nintendo are the only one to bring something new and for a smaller price than the other...

b real
March 9th, 2006, 23:29
dont u ppls remember how sony lied about da ps2, how powerful it looked in papers N when it was wack, sony disappointed pplz

so i'm stickin wit xbox,<<< anyway der's a few nice game comin out on platform

shrimpidy
March 9th, 2006, 23:36
Go PS3! Ya it's expensive and everything but at what cost? right now bluray players are past 1000$ and the Ps3 is guarunteed less than that and has one built into it. I'm definatly gonna get one cus it ROX. DS sucks, Revolution sucks ballz and the 360 is cool but I'm definatly getting a ps3. PSP is also a thing from the future time warped to now.

NeoXCS
March 9th, 2006, 23:41
I'm for the PS3 because I know it will be the best. Also you cant compare the graphics because the ps3's has special technology in it that 360 doesnt. Also you cant compare them by processor speed, the 360 uses a processor, and the ps3 is using the cell chip which is way more advanced tech. And the nintendo having you pay for emulation of old systems is kind of lame. Plus, yes, Nintendo has good family games. Their games are rather simple, but I like to be challenged myself. The ps2 games are reallly simple for the most part to control really. (Of course there are the ones that are next to impossible to control) The features of the ps3 are much more what im looking for myself.

Perhaps i am lenient toward nintendo and microsoft, but i can seem to recall. none of the consoles i have by nintendo or microsoft have broken down.
ooo... ps2... give it a year... GAH! DISC READ ERROR!
grrrr....

I have never had a disc read error on my PS2. I've had it forever. I think the only disc read error was on a mega scratched up dvd which my dvd player could even play.

Anyway yeah that's the rant for now. PS3, No contest.

shenske37
March 10th, 2006, 00:27
when there are more than 25 xbox 360s built then i will probably buy that next.

-XBOX360-

Xbox and PS3 third party games will be pretty much identical in graphics (developers coming out with games on both consoles won't take the time to spruce them up too much from one console to the other. EA has even said that about the next gen Madden titles). The first party games will probably look better on the PS3, but does it really matter? HD televisions are still pretty new and they won't become overly popular until a couple more years.

Plus the xbox360 will most likely have a price drop when the PS3 comes out being a lot easier on the wallet than the PS3. Frankly, i really don't want to update toa new format as far as movies go, i'm just fine with the good old DVD.

-REVLUTION-

microsoft and sony both loose money are every console sold (well known fact).
because nintendo doesn't have all these fancy new features it might actually (gasp) make money on selling their console. Nintendo has extremely fun and innovative games. They have the best first party games (but that doesn't always make up for lack of third party). I'm extremely intrigued by the possibilites of the new controller, hopefully it pulls through. I'd like to see it live out to it's true potential.

i'm rootin' for good old nintendo. they aren't the huge (in comparison) tyrant known as sony and microsoft.

(eventually i'll buy them all, over a very long time. this stuff is gettin to damn exspensive!)

Voltron
March 10th, 2006, 00:27
I'm a huge audio / videophile and do have a 1080 Sony Widescreen HDTV. This affects my decision. I think Blu-Ray will become the adopted standard and surpass HD-DVD popularity. I also look for DTS & 5.1 optical surround output and HD/progressive scan widescreen abilities with games.

For this reason, I will end up owning both XBOX 360 & PS3 most likely but IMO I think the PS3 will take 1st place.

Voltron
March 10th, 2006, 00:30
when there are more than 25 xbox 360s built then i will probably buy that next.

ha ha, Yeah, I still haven't been able to find one.

iniquitous_beast
March 10th, 2006, 00:48
I'm in the opposite position. The only high-definition screen that I own is a 17" pc monitor. True, Xbox360 has VGA cables, but who wants to play console games in a stiff computer chair? I'll take the Revolution, the cozy couch, and my good ol' 27" standard TV. If I want awesome, top-of-the-line graphics, I'll play pc games.
Aside from those reasons, the Revolution's price will not exceed $200. That is pure, concentrated, raw awesomeness. The entire system is small, yet dignifiedly sleek. Backwards-compatibility means that I can finally put my ugly gamecube into a dark closet, where it belongs, while still playing my favorite gamecube games.
The Revolution's emulation abilities will rock, simply because old, low-rez games from the NES-SNES era look horrible on a pc monitor. They look so much nicer on a television screen, so the revolution will provide an emulation experience much akin to playing the games on their original consoles.
Now, as for the controller. It looks intriguing. Some people might criticize it, but for those people, I pose a question.....Ever dream about losing use of one hand? On most systems, such a loss would greatly harm your gaming ability. The revolution's controller is designed for one hand; so you can pretty much abandon your worries about someday having an accident and spending the rest of your life playing games with your feet.
Enough said. Revolution will be my console of choice. Viva La Revolution!

Pedal Bike Pete
March 10th, 2006, 03:11
half u people are reading dumb magz, browzing st00pid web pages, or watching crap tv shows, u beleev all the lies about consoles from any were... if u all take the time to break the hardware in each console down, and look at the specifications u will see in ure own eyes what is true and what is not.

Sony did not lie about the ps2, they boasted an amazing sysem because it was an amzing system. if any of u people out there EVER find a console that pushes graphics in any place neer the ps2's range wile running at 300Mhz then u can call me rong. sony boasted that there console was efficient, not almighty.

As for some of the comments about ps3 - 360 power... the ps3 knocks 360 flat on its ass, completely flat. The PS3 CPU compaired with 360 CPU isnt all that different, both extreamly powerfull, and would put any desktop computer nowa days to shame. but the cpu isnt all thats important. the power of the gpu is whats most important for those sweet looking HD graphics. The gpu in ps3 is popping out more than twice the raw power than the 360, people seem to think this is sonys attempt to lie about the power in there console... if you have at least 1 part of ure brains (witch i asume u dudes have :P) u would see that there are TWO HD outputs on the ps3, this would mean it requires the extra push so that it can render graphics equaly on each display, its not an attempt to out class the 360 (but i am going to do that now)

the 360 was a rushed machine, pushed off the paper and into factories asap! then off the production lines b4 u knew it! in my eyes, microsoft are not really bothered about winning any "console war" they are only interested in the profits they can take b4 the other next gens are reliesed. that explains why there was no high definition drive included, no WiFi built in, and the main power BRICK! sits outside the console so that the console wont over heat (but it still over heats any way) alot of 360 consoles were returened because of the heating problem causing falts and crashes. there was also a problem with the RAM witch another company developes... altho i gues i cant blame big daddy billy for that :P As for the people that are buying the 360 for its online service... THATS INSANE! the online service for a console will never compair to that of a pc, if ure doing it for the online thing, get a decent graphics card and high speed internet

Rumors about ps3 reliesing 2 versions... no no no. there will be 1 version, this has been confirmed by sony. all will play there blu-ray games, movies, music etc. no confirmation on the hard drive yet, but my guess is that it will be seporate other wise sony would have boasted it off or something :S

the controler, stop complaining!! wat the hell do u people watch wen ure playing games?? ure hands!?! the controler was tested, and said to be cumfy in the palm of your hands, so other than the dodgy looks it should be ok, plus sony claimed it was still a concept design (altho i kinda liked it)

Revolution... i got say, sweet! love the fact that they are staying basic to gamming, all the other console are more like PCs now. but im not a rich guy, so ill stick to emulating the games i have :P

oh! and who was that crayzee man who sed "bring on the cell powered psp" ? i love ure style man!! EXACTLY MY THINKING! :D

one last thing.... i must apologize for my out break, but wen i see some people typing in some crayzee stuff about consoles that aint even true it just bubbles up inside me (not insane) and also not a fan boy :P from first view u would think i was a ps3 person.... I AM :D :D its PS3 or Revolution for me, both those consoles have a truely unique function... PS3 = technologicly insane powerfull piece of kit thats gona replace my home pc if i buy one :D Revolution = Totaly backward compatible! a games console built for gamming! XBOX 360 = Something withabsolutly nothing cool about it :S everything in xbox, u can get somewere else lol :)

good day all :P

P.S ALL SIMILARITIES TO REAL LIFE PEOPLE, COMPANIES AND PLACES ARE PURELY CO-INSODENCE. ALL THE CONTENTS MUST BE CONSIDERED FICTION!

just a little legal protection :) haha!

slayer2psp
March 10th, 2006, 03:11
the next system ill buy is a ds lite the dark blue one. id like to buy the new psp thats rumored with built in memory and camera. i already have the 360 and the ps3 ill wait and see what they do if its over 500 ill wait sony doesnt make the games i play a lot so no big deal and as far as the Revolution goes ill wait and see no hd and some lame ass controller who knows what it will be like

Tetsuo
March 10th, 2006, 11:22
Ps3

SmashinGit
March 10th, 2006, 11:50
I've got a Xbox 360 and i'm very pleased with it. Call of Duty 2 looks just as good as the pc version, and apparently theres a patch coming out shortly to fix all the online lag. Project Gothem is awsome as well, the graphics and gameplay will blow you away, online gaming has never been better! The controller just moulds right into your hands, unlike the brick of the original. I've been playing the demo of Fight Night 3 for the last 2 months and i'm just blown away by the graphics and the playability of this game, can't wait for this to be released. And then theres the excellent Xbox live, anyone who has a 360 must get Xbox live to be able to enjoy your 360 to the max. Completely love Xbox Live Arcade, Geometrey Wars is one of the best blasts i've enjoyed for a long time and apparentley Midway will be releasing some arcade classics to, one of them being Defender!

My one criticism is the lack of backward compatability but every month or so Microsoft are releasing patches so eventually, with time, this shouldn't be a problem.

All in all i'm very pleased with my purchase and with the promise of Halo 3 coming out and some point it can only get better.

predator123
March 10th, 2006, 11:54
Are U Going To Buy Ps3 Wen It Arrives

VFerg
March 10th, 2006, 11:54
PS3 - Since the one that has always come out first fails in the end, or by the end of its cycle has the least amount of graphical power. Xbox did good by comming out after everyone else released theres, but being first with 360 was looked at as good to be the first to push and sell to a different market of people but being first never seems to work and it is already starting to prove itself to be true. Japan being the one place they wanted to sell alot and being first thaught people would try it out just did not work out. Ive always loved sonys systems from the beginning and although as the system gets closer to launch there has been lots of talk of hardware issues and jumps in costs ill still have to put my money into PS3 first.

predator123
March 10th, 2006, 11:56
How Much Is It Going To Be?

predator123
March 10th, 2006, 11:59
PS3 - Since the one that has always come out first fails in the end, or by the end of its cycle has the least amount of graphical power. Xbox did good by comming out after everyone else released theres, but being first with 360 was looked at as good to be the first to push and sell to a different market of people but being first never seems to work and it is already starting to prove itself to be true. Japan being the one place they wanted to sell alot and being first thaught people would try it out just did not work out. Ive always loved sonys systems from the beginning and although as the system gets closer to launch there has been lots of talk of hardware issues and jumps in costs ill still have to put my money into PS3 first.
/

obb
March 10th, 2006, 16:42
Jesus you guys are sad ...

'Don't BELIEVE THE HYPE!'

I dont have time to play three consoles anymore ... simple as that .. I dont give a rats arse about plaing blue ray discs , there arn't any out anyway ... and if anybody beleives that the PS3 will output games in 1080p they need their heads examined!

I for one am quite happy with my 360, and may be interested in the REV once I have seen it ... Sony can go f*Ck themselves TBH cos they are not getting my money , not this time ....

garfit
March 10th, 2006, 20:54
ps3 will cane 360 and ppl sayin the graphics and gameplay will blow you away on xbox 360 jus crack me up
the graphics on 360 are not even good, i havent got a 360 and i neva will coz i dont want one but ive played games on it and i wasnt impressed with the graphics, they were rubbish and the games on it r rubbish
xbox 360 isnt even popular no one is talkin bout it and i dont no ne who has got one but i no loadza ppl who r gettin the ps3 and lodza ppl talkin bout it
ive got a psp and even that is beta than 360
im gonna b gettin the ps3 coz xbox 360 is nowhere near as good