PDA

View Full Version : Another look on the Donkey64 incident

gronne
March 9th, 2006, 23:19
We've seen quite a few faked emulators, for one reason or another, but no one seems to question why. Apart from being very amuzing to read about donkey 64's and the chris-guy's(being the same person) faked attempt(I really went up and down in my belief), there's another side of it. The tragic side. Why do people do EVERYTHING to get attention? Some probably just want to have a ball. But having spent my time on xbox-scene I know there's a famous case of a suicide, from a guy that never got appreciated. I think most of us just get annoyed about these fornicators(even I did before I thought about it), but reading these guys attempts makes you wonder how far away from a real social life you can come when you must seek such strong attention - from invisible people on the internet? I may be way out of proportion in this case, but unfortunately I don't think so in most cases. I just wish people who act like this realize their problem and do the only thing - seek a mental adviser. Having mental problems shouldn't be something to be ashamed of as many youngsters today suffer from depression(myself included, to a lesser degree), and not trying to get help from an adviser because you're ashamed will not help you out of a depression. There's ALWAYS a way out of depression, but it won't solve on its' own.

just my 2 cents, on a serious matter.

Wally
March 9th, 2006, 23:25
Why doesnt Dcemu enforce a rule that if the emu is fake then the fakeir gets a 2 week ban

Kaiser
March 9th, 2006, 23:42
Hey man chrisfile/PsDonkey is working his way to a ban. Its only a matter of time.

edidt: By the way you brought up a good topic to discuss gronne, moving this to Off-Topic

gronne
March 10th, 2006, 00:04
Hey man chrisfile/PsDonkey is working his way to a ban. Its only a matter of time.

edidt: By the way you brought up a good topic to discuss gronne, moving this to Off-Topic
Well, as much as I understand you moved it, it was very much related to that thread. Sure, it didn't have anything with psp emulation to do, but the people that were involved in the "incident" were there.

But anyways, no problem, some may still see it.

Vega
March 10th, 2006, 00:59
Im quite a noob here, but I think a ban is definetly called for.
Its hard to grasp why someone would waste his and our time by converting two fake videos, upload them and post them, then go online, switch between two accounts and lie. Whats this guy trying to prove? and the fact that he still wont fcuk up about it is making him look like a bigger ass each and every post. Its just lame, sad and shows that this guy clearly has nothing at all to do with his day.

Dull Blade
March 10th, 2006, 02:02
tell it like it is Vega. Bann him :mad: boys (or possibly girls)

chickenclaws
March 10th, 2006, 03:09
i wished so hard that it would come true and i hate that psmonkeys birthday got ruined

.:PSP1.0:.
March 10th, 2006, 07:56
I wonder if his already registered a new account (3rd one) with a new nic but with the same IP yet? :rolleyes:

quzar
March 10th, 2006, 08:35
he's been taken care of.

*throws away knife*

stealth-patriot
March 21st, 2006, 22:21
Heres the deal, If its fake, then we can critisize him, but until we have actual proof, We cant change it. I have hope that this is real, but i also deny the fact that he's getting 40 fps on a emulator that wasnt mentioned 'till like a month ago. So at that, we have his doubts. Believe it or not.