PDA

View Full Version : XviD4PSP 3.002a - AVI or DVD to PMP converter

wraggster
March 10th, 2006, 00:30
winnydowsxx (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=5193) posted a new release of his Vid converter, heres the details:

<blockquote>Minimal requirements to system:
AviSynth 2.5.6a
Framework 1.1
Xvid 1.1.0 final
DivX 6.x.x

To start converting open XviD4PSP, choose interesting you Options, add the task (DVD or AVI) and press button Start .
Button Start - starts tasks, Clear - clears the list of tasks and delete temp files, Stop - stop all tasks.
If the Temp Folder is not specified, the Windows standard Temp folder is used.
If the Save Folder is not specified, PMP files will be saved near to sources.

Most interesting futures of the program:
01. The greatest possible quality of PMP files, and full automation.
02. Aspect corrected automatically.
03. Imposing of subtitles. While only for AVI. The file of subtitles should name as well as film, also should be in a format SRT.
04. Combine of several AVI to one PMP.
05. Coding towards the size.
06. Addition of tasks. It is possible to add some tasks, for example a AVI and one DVD to choose Hibernate and to press button Start. Consistently encoded all tasks and after end of process the computer will leave in sleep mode.

Options:
HQ Mode: (VirtualDub) - coding and application of filters It is carried out through VirtualDub. More slowly than through Mencoder, but is more qualitative. There Is option Temporal and it is possible most to be played with filters.
HQ Mode: (Mencoder) - coding is carried out through Mencoder, filters are applied through AviSynth. More quickly than through VirtualDub, but It is less than opportunities.
Gain - increase of loudness. Value 4 is optimum, But there are cases when it is possible to put and more.
Temporal - smoothing of noise, deblocking and improvement Compressibility. A useful option for the noisy and strongly compressed sources. Does not cause blur also promotes improvement of quality.
Sharpen - increase of clearness. Very useful and necessary option. Values by default are optimum.
Rip - DVD it is copied on a hard disk. If this option not It is specified, DVD the disk is coded on a straight line with dvd-rom. If at you the disk is coded More than 3 hours, are recommended to do rip, it will prolong a life to yours dvd-rom. As it is useful if you want encode any certain title with dvd disk.
Scan - if this option is not chosen, presence DVD is not checked disk. You must choose a folder in which at you are stored vobs.
Titles - are coded all titles with DVD a disk or from vob folders. If this option is not chosen, the first is coded only title - for example film without Additions.
Split - everyone titles is coded in separate pmp a files. Very much conveniently for disks with series.
Autocrop - automatic a crop of black fields. It is applied only in case of detection water with the size more than 2 pixels.
Info Names - to the name of a file the mode of coding is added. It is useful if you for comparison have solved encode the same file to two in the different ways - VirtualDub or Mencoder.

full 3.000a - http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19972
update 3.002a - http://rapidshare.de/files/14952822/XviD4PSP_update_3002a.rar.html </blockquote>

If someone could download off rapidshare and upload to this thread via comments that would be great

Voltron
March 10th, 2006, 00:35
Can this convert .VOB files?

Predator
March 10th, 2006, 00:57
Here's the update from rapidshare...

wraggster
March 10th, 2006, 01:04
thanks for the Upload ;)

dOOmy
March 10th, 2006, 08:33
I, for one dont want to do all this work to convert an avi to psp, just make a great avi player for psp plese
thanks

piecefull
March 10th, 2006, 10:19
Nah this is worth the conversion process

I was wondering if anyone else has trouble with the upgrade doesnt seem to be working. I get a .net framewrok error.

T-2000
March 10th, 2006, 20:20
Can this convert .VOB files?

yes it does Vobs and if you get this error ".net framework error" then download Framework 1.1 though i think 2 is the latest try google etc..

T-2000
March 10th, 2006, 23:39
Sadly this looks cool, but works badly, takes ages to encode, then when it did the audio sync was way out, sometimes says encoding but its sitting there looking pretty doing nothing, nopw i know it could be my config but i have all the required files to run this, whats needed is some kind of "completed" bar like DVD Decrpter so u know how long and how far its got.. Shame cause a full dvd encoder is whats needed.. also i set the DVD language to english and it came out Italian .. lol . saying tht its the kind of program we AVI 2 PMP users want..

StealthCP
March 12th, 2006, 17:24
Sadly this looks cool, but works badly, takes ages to encode, then when it did the audio sync was way out, sometimes says encoding but its sitting there looking pretty doing nothing, nopw i know it could be my config but i have all the required files to run this, whats needed is some kind of "completed" bar like DVD Decrpter so u know how long and how far its got.. Shame cause a full dvd encoder is whats needed.. also i set the DVD language to english and it came out Italian .. lol . saying tht its the kind of program we AVI 2 PMP users want..
He is definitely right. I converted my "Hackers" DVD directly to PMP format, which worked well, but took ages, and didn't give any sign of how much was done, or even if it was doing anything at all. I found the finished video file of superior video and sound quality, absolutely brilliant, but then to my dismay the audio was WAY out of sync. Because of this I am now going to try Videora PMP Converter, and I am annoyed at the hours wasted encoding this to come out with an unwatchable movie. Great work, nice and simple, and if you fix that audio sync I'll definitely recommend it. If someone could test this converter with small video files and see what the sync is like that would be appreciated. I don't have the time nor the energy at the moment to do it myself.

esteem
March 14th, 2006, 20:10
I have to admit, the idea is great, however this isn't exactly simple. I've never used any of these programs so I expected some hurdles, however I was kind of expecting all the configs to be set already to PSP specs. At any rate I've been messing around and got my Animatrix dvd ripped and what not but its in japanese! :( I think i found a setting in mencoder for the audio track selection so I'm tryin it. A tutorial would be a great help if somebody could figure it out. I'll let ya know if I come up with something.

montezuma
March 15th, 2006, 01:59
Can anyone tell me why my videos encode for a while and then error out? The error is one of those damned "memory could not be "read"" errors.
I have related problems with PSP Video 9 - Videos will encode but the PSP will say they are corrupted or unusable.
Also in Videora PMP Converter - It will only encode audio. No video is encoded whatsoever.
I've reinstalled all codecs and involved programs... help!