PDA

View Full Version : Level Editor Released/Updated For Super Mini Mario V2!

wraggster
March 10th, 2006, 00:51
Some nice news from the chaps at PSP3d (http://psp3d.com/showthread.php?t=5344)

<blockquote>Super Mini Mario, a homebrew creation by PSP 3D staff member Arguru, is a great homebrew game for all PSP firmwares. Since it is not a port, but rather, a fully hand-coded rendition on the Super Mario idea, it is highly optimized for the PSP, has outstanding framerates, and boasts awesome graphics.

The custom level creation capabilities is what really makes this game shine. Using notepad and by typing various letters and numbers to represent different objects, one could create levels to his/her hearts desire.

Well a few dedicated fanboys down at PSPSMM.TK have made some new applications which make the creation of levels for Super Mini Mario V2 even easier. Although its been out for a week or two, it didn't really get any publicity at all, so here it is:

All though it has a few glitches, and some may prefer raw notepad level creation (which is explained in the readme files of Super Mini Mario), great job on the work guys, we appreciate the support and the release. Check out their website at PSPSMM.TK. (http://pspsmm.tk/)</blockquote>

Downloads and screens via comments

Damian666
March 10th, 2006, 02:43
I'm having a problem Wraggster, when I upload my game w/ Fanjita's newest eloader, it finds a path in the txt file my mario game then goes to Super Mini Mario Now Loading and then it crashes there. I've extracted all the files onto the game section of the psp, but did I do something wrong?

vettacossx
March 10th, 2006, 06:23
be patient it takes time to load i have 2.6 and it works gr8 its even better than smashbrosgp

Privateer
March 10th, 2006, 08:09
I'm running off 1.5 and when I start up the game, it just sits at the load screen for a while and my PSP shuts off. :[

predator123
March 10th, 2006, 11:38
that s a cool game yeh?

Poem58
March 10th, 2006, 15:08
My 1.5 does the same....

thebritons
March 10th, 2006, 19:32
i played an online game that had the same concept with level design.

Pedal Bike Pete
March 11th, 2006, 03:38
game takes ages to load but it definetly works, and runs amazing

Privateer
March 11th, 2006, 09:41
It loads for a long time and then it just shuts off. Does not work, at least for me.

I used seipsp and put the other files in the non-% folder.

macplayer
March 12th, 2006, 12:55
where i put this file i can not get this game started

Voltron
March 14th, 2006, 00:29
This looks great. Love the level editor idea.

NoodlesPMjr
March 15th, 2006, 22:53
be patient it takes time to load i have 2.6 and it works gr8 its even better than smashbrosgp ok ya now heres my problem... i have version 2.6 of the PSP and when i open SMM in Fanjitas newest eLoader all it says is

"Found Suspicous hard path at 0090B0FC ms0:/PSP/Game/SMM/smm_level_xxx.txt
Press a button to continue
what the hell should i do :confused: when I press a button the screen goes black and after about 5secs. or so the PSP just shuts down. HELP!!!

NoodlesPMjr
March 15th, 2006, 23:01
SOMETIMES IT WORKS!!! what the hell i dont get this!?!?!?!

gotmilk0112
March 25th, 2006, 15:55
be patient it takes time to load i have 2.6 and it works gr8 its even better than smashbrosgp

SMASHGP WORKS ON 2.6?!?!?! wel not for me. >.<

Cloud_35
March 25th, 2006, 23:38
I have 1.5 too, an the readme says "Installation: As easy as extract 'SMM' folder to your 'MS0:/PSP/GAME' directory". I have already tried but it just tells "Error i-don't- remember-what" and gets outta the file. Man you should explain for 1.5's or simply say the Version needed

~Slinkky~
April 14th, 2006, 23:45
Same this for me too says its loading then a little while after it just crashes I use 1.50
thought it whould be simple just kxploit and play but geusse not theres gotta be somthin missin from the package maybe.

shrimpidy
April 15th, 2006, 00:44
where do i put the SMM? is it lua?

huck500
April 15th, 2006, 21:19
I was getting the same error until I re-named the folders to SMM and SMM% -- that seemed to work. The game crashed and I had to do a hard reset of the PSP at one point, though. :(

RotateMe
April 16th, 2006, 11:51
No solution on how to get this game to work on 1.50?

Mourningstar
April 18th, 2006, 21:28
I was getting the same error until I re-named the folders to SMM and SMM% -- that seemed to work. The game crashed and I had to do a hard reset of the PSP at one point, though. :(

I just want to confirm that renaming them does work. :cool:

BT'sPSP
April 29th, 2006, 03:23
Hey how do you unzip a zipped folder

NoQuarter
May 2nd, 2006, 05:45
I assume you are using windows, ,if so just double click then drag to your desktop-but i believe these are RAR files in which case you may need winrar

mr_nick666
May 2nd, 2006, 12:56
Ive got a Jap 1.5 and had the same problem with my PSP locking then just shutting down..
I solved it by using the SeiPSP tool to put the files on my PSP - you cant use the hide corrupt icons option though because it just freezes the PSP!!
Works fine now!

vettacossx
May 9th, 2006, 06:20
i meant the quality of game.....lol smashbros requires kernall access and wont work on the psp 2,6 for this reason

vettacossx
May 15th, 2006, 04:20
here are some mods ive done so far this is the second pack the team has released thanx goes to dcemu forums jummkay and mysteryman of the forums this is dubed smm modpack +http://www.sendspace.com/file/qp7mvm LINK MOD from zelda (MEATWADD FRY SHAKE playable all of them!!) AQUA TEEN MODS...HALO MASTER CHEIF MOD ...yes it is my own! i know someone else also made one....mines better no offense...robot chicken...bart simpson.....mega man...mini super saiyen dbz mod.....stewy griffen mod family guy.....cloud ff7 mod....sepheroth ff7 mod3.... wizzard mods for ff9 .....all different ( red,white,black vivi wizards)my kirby mod....GAUNTLET 1 MODS ( all the gauntlet charicters 4 of them)20 in total!ALSO RELEASED A NICE SIZED MODPACK Birdman posted this:here http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24652.......I have just finished a quick GFX pack for the very popular SMM (Super Mario Mini ). This pack has some completely redone GFX and just some character changes. INCLUDES:Hulk....Mario64.....Old School (mario original)Pac ManKirbyMatrixPeter PlagueStarwars....

so check out his mods as well! starwars is almost as fun as my LINK mod !! gr8 job birdman ;)

SonyD
June 13th, 2006, 11:22
hey.. can some one help me understand how to install it??

volcomshell
July 11th, 2006, 21:33
i ahve the 2.71 version and i cant get ether i've tried evrything and all i get is a controler symbole and i click it and it keeps saying the game's curupted

ICE
September 19th, 2006, 21:06
here's my own version of this game with 6 levels (all my own builds). i thoroughly enjoy playing my levels and i hope others will too. this, basically, is for people who are too lazy to make their own levels and are tired of the built- in ones. enjoy

oh, and this wont work on 2.71. sorry volcomshell

mr_nick666
September 20th, 2006, 09:28
here's my own version of this game with 6 levels (all my own builds). i thoroughly enjoy playing my levels and i hope others will too. this, basically, is for people who are too lazy to make their own levels and are tired of the built- in ones. enjoy

oh, and this wont work on 2.71. sorry volcomshell

Nice work! :D You should have submitted this is the Post News section to get it front paged ;) If you want to get into MODding why not visit the MODding community at DJMNV? :p

killsmile
September 21st, 2006, 21:20
Is it just my psp or can you not hit the ? blocks in this game?

Dj-richards
October 22nd, 2006, 19:30
How I get this to Work? email me [email protected]

Dj-richards
October 22nd, 2006, 19:36
How do i get it to work i got the editor working but on psp says error 8002001

Dj-richards
February 7th, 2007, 18:09
Would this work on version 3.02

ataxy
February 8th, 2007, 03:53
yeah i tryed a bunch of those mini on my 3.03oe and none of them work they all crash my psp

colorgram
August 7th, 2008, 13:50
level editor doesn't work
it keeps making messed up maps.