PDA

View Full Version : Purely hypothetical question...

IndianCheese
March 10th, 2006, 01:34
If I made an ISO of a demo disc that was received either with the PSP, in the mail, or with a game pre-order, would it be considered piracy? As you know, I am strictly against piracy, but I would see this as a way to actually BOOST Sony's UMD sales instead of hurt them. I mean, what is the purpose of demo discs? To allow PSP owners to try the game and encourage the purchase of the full version. This would enable Sony to spread around the demo without any work on their part (other than making the ripped UMD). It would also save Sony the cost of making the UMD (I hear they are expensive to make). Opinions, please.

Samstag
March 10th, 2006, 05:05
...I am tired of seeing all of these threads about "can i get this ISO to work" and "how does fastloader work" and "what folder does this ISO go in". No one is reading the rules, and I am becoming upset. ...

Here is a list of the ISO-related things that cannot be discussed on the forums:

ISOs (backups or downloads)
UMD Ripping
UMD Copying
Fastloader
Devhook
Hookboot
UMD Emulator (unless being discussed for firmware/UMD overclocking purposes)

Did you mean to say "purely hypocritical"? Just wondering.

Read the fine print on the demo and it should be clear that you don't have the right to distribute a copy of the demo without the publisher's permission.

IndianCheese
March 10th, 2006, 20:55
Uh, no, I never read that, and I'm glad I just did. OK, you can close this thread now.

Kaiser
March 10th, 2006, 21:17
Done