PDA

View Full Version : Gecko OS 1.9

wraggster
April 28th, 2009, 00:17
Gecko OS 1.9 has been released;

Gecko OS (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Gecko_OS) (formerly Gecko Region Free) by Nuke lets you load Wii games from other regions.

Gecko OS/Gecko Region Free was created with the homebrew libogc library. No certs, TMD, Tik, keys or other Nintendo copyright material were used or attached in the file, making it a pure homebrew release. No Datel code was used either, so please don't call this a clone etc as this and Freeloader work in completely different ways.

The decryption is done by the hardware, not in software and the correct IOS version of the game booting is selected and used. This is done by reading the information off the DVD using the low level read commands and then passed back to the starlet.

My own apploader was written, and will completely ignore the update partition, no patching is done except a region flag which is required.

This of course only works with Wii games.

Changelog
Gecko 1.9
Added channel loading with hooks, channel menu supports same database.txt format as AnyTitle *Deleter MOD to replace the channel IDs with channel names (put database.txt at the root of the SD card)
Ocarina works on channels
ELF/DOL loading from geckoload now works
Optionally the directory data/gecko can contain the codes folder, patch folder, gameconfig.txt, config.dat, and background.png instead of the root of the SD card
GC memory cards are no longer detected as a USB Gecko
Changed how exit works; if a loader other than the homebrew channel was used (or an old version of the HBC) it will return to the system menu
Fixed a text overlapping bug that would happen if a disc error occurs and Ocarina is on

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

sean.aaron
April 28th, 2009, 13:15
I'm hopeful that this will allow me to play Midway Arcade Treasures 2 successfully on my PAL Wii, but I doubt it...will attempt tonight possibly.