PDA

View Full Version : Looking for super talented gamers

spooksie
April 29th, 2009, 00:54
I have just added the 3rd phase of the website, it allows Professional Gamers to add themselves to the site. You can specify what games you want to tutor / coach and how much you want to paid per hour. The site supports Online tutoring for Face-to-face bookings. Already proving the concept works, I have received very good comments from gamers that have paid for the service. Remember site is still in beta, but building up a database at the moment.

The world number one 'Command & Conquer' champion is one of many Pro Gamers who are on the website.
http://www.progamertraining.com/pro-gamer-trainers/internet-based-tutoring/rts/command-and-conquer/world-number-1-candc-champion-pro-training.html

We support any online competitive games that requires a steep learning curve curve to mastering the game for Pro status.

You can offer different methods of training, i.e. for total noobies, up to Pro Gamer to Pro Gamer training. You don't have to be a pro gamer to tutor, the site allows Pro Gamers, Semi-Pro Gamers and Elite Gamers to be shown on the site. No cons, no scams. The main rule is, if you tutor well and the customer is happy, you will get paid. If not (as in you don't turn up or not good at all) the customer gets a full refund. We are strict that if you get 3 customers refunded, you will be banned from the site for laming.

The Rules of being a Pro Gamer on my site is located here.
http://www.progamertraining.com/game-tutor-application-form.html

Other additions to the site:

* Pro Gamer Guides - Guides for games, tactics, videos and more. When you submit, you can optionally put in your paypal email to get donations. The more guides you add, your kudos grows :)
* Forums - Very new only was installed this week.

Site was launched under 3 weeks ago, already we have received 1800 unique visitors and the Search Engine Optimisation is kicking in. In 3 months time, the whole site will be trawled meaning even more visitors.

We would like to see new tutors on the site and fresh articles. Its totally free to create an account and submit your application form. Remember, your application won't be added straight away. We don't accept just anyone.

Comments about the site and idea?

I would like some criticism's from you as a gamer, what you don't like and like. As its a site for gamers I want to get it right. Even if you spot any spelling mistakes, let me know :)

Cheers for reading.

Vinnie :eek:
http://www.ProGamerTraining.com

Triv1um
April 29th, 2009, 01:10
No-one will pay money to be tought how to play a game.

Seriously.

"Professional gamers" need to be slapped in the face.

spooksie
April 29th, 2009, 01:13
erm the site makes money already. People pay for tutoring if they want to get better at an online competitive game.

ty for your comment

Triv1um
April 29th, 2009, 01:24
http://waynefontes.com/facepalm.jpeg

I thought you was a spam bot to be honest.

Still, your website needs slickening up, make thing flow better, make things neater.

I've had a look at some the 'tutors' profiles, and they are ugly and badly wrote. You should refuse these. In the end of the day, it will be making you money. You don't want them all looking like shit because they all look so unprofesional.

Also, in your letter filter. It puts country and games when you click a letter. These should be seperate, it's a pain in the ass.

Give the users more freedom over there profile page, they all look generic and crappy. None of them have the opportunity to stand out. Allow pictures and embedded videos. It will help.

There is more, but i don't want to type anymore.

Eviltaco64
April 29th, 2009, 03:18
Gaming skills are something you learn yourself.

In my opinion, paying a "pro" to teach you how to play a game over the internet is ridiculous.

Accordion
April 29th, 2009, 21:56
scum

beetroot bertie
April 29th, 2009, 22:55
I'm super talented at missing the blindingly obvious and pressing the wrong buttons at crucial moments in games. I also excel at crossing instead of shooting in football games and throwing grenades by mistake in FPS games. If anyone wants to pay me to teach them such valuable skills then let me know. :)

VampDude
April 30th, 2009, 15:58
I'm a talented gamer (certain genres), though I would never charge people... It just seems wrong, somehow?

pibs
April 30th, 2009, 17:02
It is people who create companies like these that **** up what gaming was suppose to be all about. Having fun!

And isn't that why they have youtube tutorials and game faqs, walkthroughs, etc. Hell, why not just pay me and ill play the game for you, if anyone is considering this...

Either way I know stupid people do stupid things and your business will prosper (ala gamestop), even though I completely disagree with everything it stands for.

Things aint like they use to be :(