PDA

View Full Version : Monkey 64 v1.0 - First Release

PSmonkey
March 10th, 2006, 18:49
Well sorry I am late but here is the much promissed first release of monkey64. I was hopping for better at the last min but it still passed my exspectations for a first build.

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/monkey64.jpg

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/Pong.jpg

Few things to note.
.) While Rsp & Rdp emulation is started it is far from complete. As well there are still numerious issues in the main cpu core. I plan to fix things as soon as I can get to them.
.) This wont run mario64 or 99% of the n64 library. Some roms are starting to do things with Mortal Kombat Trillogy actualy being playable (to some extent).
.) I know there are odd looking color squares when running some comercial roms (like mortal kombat). The reason is because I have not completed texture suport in rdp. I am hoping to get a revision out asap once this is fixed.
.) The emulator is slow. Some PD roms do a pretty nice framerate but games like mortal kombat do about 5fps. This is due to the emulator still being on a pure interpreter core. In good time I will build a dynamic recompiler so we can get some more playable framerates.
.) The app is in user mode. So it is quite posible this works on 2.0+ psp units. I just sadly dont have the time to check.

Well that is it. Do enjoy. The zip contains a few favorite PD roms. Pong by Oman is a must play imo. Also if you're all currious what mortal kombat trillogy looks like in game. Please see attached screenshot on forums. :D

PS. Mortal Kombat Trillogy [!] dump wont work. dump runs just fine. When you see the second screen, press start as it's just warning you that there is only 1 controller plugged in.

-- EDIT --
Hey guys. Sorry I forgot to mention. The screen flickering is because its not doing double buffering on the psp. It's just directly rendering to the display screen. I was trying to fix this at lunch but ran into problems so I gave up since I wanted to push the build out asap. I'll have it fixed for the v1.1 build.

[B]DOwnload and Give Feedback Via Comments

DPyro
March 10th, 2006, 18:50
Awesome! Congrats or your first release. :)

Shilo
March 10th, 2006, 18:52
YAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go PSmonkey!!!!!!!!

MonoLoco
March 10th, 2006, 18:55
Whohoo!

gronne
March 10th, 2006, 18:56
Gongrats!!! I guess I will by a psp afterall!!!!

Kite0
March 10th, 2006, 19:00
You are THE MAN!!

Thanks alot on this great pice of work. :D

PSmonkey
March 10th, 2006, 19:01
Hey guys. Sorry I forgot to mention. The screen flickering is because its not doing double buffering on the psp. It's just directly rendering to the display screen. I was trying to fix this at lunch but ran into problems so I gave up since I wanted to push the build out asap. I'll have it fixed for the v1.1 build.

P_O_M
March 10th, 2006, 19:03
nicewon monkey!!!!!

PigTails_19
March 10th, 2006, 19:10
where do i put mario64 game in which folder?

DPyro
March 10th, 2006, 19:13
where do i put mario64 game in which folder?
Pretty much all commercial games do not work (including Mario 64).
Also, place rom files in N64 folder on the root of your memstick. (F:\N64\)

Shilo
March 10th, 2006, 19:14
I'm on frimware 2.5 using Fanjita's newest eloader (can't even pronounce it) and when I load mortal combat trilogy (b1) it shows what im guessing is the copyright screen and then nothing happens. I tryed pressing start but still no go. Also the frame rate thingy is saying 2.179 and has been that way for about 5min. What is wrong. Should I try a differnt Mortal Kombat Trilogy rom????

bobcobb
March 10th, 2006, 19:14
This wont run mario64 or 99% of the n64 library. Some roms are starting to do things with Mortal Kombat Trillogy actualy being playable (to some extent).

They won't work, don't waste your time.

Awesome release man, I'll try it when I get home, and let you know if it works on 2.6.

PSmonkey
March 10th, 2006, 19:19
I'm on frimware 2.5 using Fanjita's newest eloader (can't even pronounce it) and when I load mortal combat trilogy (b1) it shows what im guessing is the copyright screen and then nothing happens. I tryed pressing start but still no go. Also the frame rate thingy is saying 2.179 and has been that way for about 5min. What is wrong. Should I try a differnt Mortal Kombat Trilogy rom????

Try another dump. There are multiple dumps to MKT. The [!] dump crashes since it writes over vector ram (a big no no). the [b1] dump works just fine. I think the v1.2 dumps hang at the copyright screen.

Shilo
March 10th, 2006, 19:19
All of the PD roms run great on my 2.5. Pong really runs good :), but I still can't get Mortal Kombat to run.

Shilo
March 10th, 2006, 19:23
Thanks PSmonkey. Gota go to town, gona try a differnt rom when I get back.

pkmaximum
March 10th, 2006, 19:27
Great word psmonkey I got it to go to the copy right screen but I was not interested in trying to see how good it worked. But also I'm glad you released your first release it shows people that this is trueley the real deal. For the first time we actaully (techincally) have a commercial rom booting off the psp screen. To me this is amazine great work PSmonkey if there was only some way we could all repay you.

djacura
March 10th, 2006, 19:29
thanks monkey 64 and congratulations by its great work, greetings and continue thus

mexicansnake
March 10th, 2006, 19:39
thanks!! awsome!!

dylr91
March 10th, 2006, 19:48
Uh... Mortal Kombat Trilogy shows all this weird static images.

mexicansnake
March 10th, 2006, 19:49
This works with my 2.6!!!!

chaoskingz
March 10th, 2006, 19:49
if we use fanjita new eloader 0.9.6 do will still put this in root of our mem. card or in game, if in root will eloader still read it?

ifeelnothing
March 10th, 2006, 19:50
http://smh03.lbs.se/smh03rasmus/subzero.gif http://smh03.lbs.se/smh03rasmus/Untitled-1%20copy.png

<br>
PSmonkey - 1
PSP - 0

odino
March 10th, 2006, 19:51
Thanks for your big work!!!! :)

michael chan
March 10th, 2006, 19:56
lol omg pong is runing at 51 fps :0 good work monkey!

list of games.im trying all dumps for these games.

legend of zelda-ocarina of time = no

legend of zelda-majora's mask = no
mario 64 = i dunno yet.

duke nukem 64 = no

mystical ninja = no

awwww....

dylr91
March 10th, 2006, 19:57
Can somebody send me the working version of MK trilogy?

PSmonkey
March 10th, 2006, 20:06

Please people. No rom request or trading of roms. That is against the forum rules.

BrooksyX
March 10th, 2006, 20:07
good job psmonkey, this is great news.

i just cant find this b1 dump anywhere though

matty19908
March 10th, 2006, 20:15
can someone post a list of games that are at least playable with Monkey64.

matt

odino
March 10th, 2006, 20:20

No no, but the name is:

Mortal Kombat Trilogy (U) (V1.0) [b1].z64

:D

Timale-Kun
March 10th, 2006, 20:22
Well Done PSMonkey, I'm gonna broadast this^^!!! just a lil translation in French and here we Go!!^^Congrats and don't forget to have some rest...Hope your enjoying a Birthday party dude See ya

dragontear05
March 10th, 2006, 20:28
sorry if they may have already been mentioned, but will the dreamcast port come after the psp release anytime soon? thanks, btw im new here ^ ^

idallover303
March 10th, 2006, 20:31
cool!!!!!!

otacon91
March 10th, 2006, 20:31
hey im on 2.6 and the emulator starts up but i was wondering how to load the roms because i click "LOAD ROM" and it flashes and does nothing anyone know?

PSPdemon
March 10th, 2006, 20:35
nice work psmonkey!!! I am trying lots of roms for it to see which ones work :D

ill list the ones i haved tried...and will update when i tryout more roms :D

Super Mario 64 - Runs for about 5 secs at about 5fps and freezes ( stays black with little color lines here and there then nothing happens )

Mario Kart 64 - Runs for about 3-4 secs at about 5-6fps and then goes straight back to the select menu ( looks like a bad reception on a t.v. )

Wave Race - Runs about 3-4 secs at about 6-7fps and then locks up the psp ( shows the N64 Logo )

V-Rally-99 - Runs about 7-8 secs at about 4fps and then goes back to the select menu ( looks like a bad reception on a t.v. )

still trying some more... tell you the results after a while

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

PSmonkey
March 10th, 2006, 20:36
sorry if they may have already been mentioned, but will the dreamcast port come after the psp release anytime soon? thanks, btw im new here ^ ^

Yeah. GPF has the latest stuff and is free to release when ready. So hopefuly the dc port will be out this weekend.

otacon91
March 10th, 2006, 20:39
Monkey You Got Any Idea Why Mine Only Flashes As I Try The Load Rom Cant Work It

DPyro
March 10th, 2006, 20:41
Monkey You Got Any Idea Why Mine Only Flashes As I Try The Load Rom Cant Work It
Place rom files in F:\N64\ folder.

otacon91
March 10th, 2006, 20:44
Place rom files in F:\N64\ folder.

I did but it just flashes when i try to load rom

jairolas
March 10th, 2006, 20:47
i will try mariokart =)
... it does not work :(

LHorse007
March 10th, 2006, 20:48
I got excited when Goldeneye didn't immediately crash, but after a while it looks like it just got stuck in a loop, oh well, still better than what happens with most commercial roms.

Way to go PSmonkey, keep up the great work.

gamer456
great job!!!!!!

DPyro
When the rom has loaded, and it displays that it is loaded scroll down to the option 'Run Rom'

LHorse007
March 10th, 2006, 20:50

after pressing left and right when the "O" is next to load rom to select your rom, did you then press 'X' and wait for it to show the rom where it says: "Loaded Rom" at the top, and then press x on run rom?

If you can't pick a rom, you don't have it in right folder on the root.

otacon91
March 10th, 2006, 20:51
When the rom has loaded, and it displays that it is loaded scroll down to the option 'Run Rom'

i know but i have roms and when i click load rom, the screen stays the same but it just flashes and doesnt let me load any roms

DPyro
March 10th, 2006, 20:53
i know but i have roms and when i click load rom, the screen stays the same but it just flashes and doesnt let me load any roms
Make sure the roms are not in a zip file. They should have an extension of '.z64' or '.v64'.

otacon91
March 10th, 2006, 20:57
Make sure the roms are not in a zip file. They should have an extension of '.z64' or '.v64'.

That is there extension and i do unzip with winrar befor puttting in my rom folder inside emulator inside game folder

LHorse007
March 10th, 2006, 21:01
That is there extension and i do unzip with winrar befor puttting in my rom folder inside emulator inside game folder
don't put then inside a rom folder inside the emulator folder

Put the roms in a folder named "N64" in the same place as the "PSP" and the "MP Root" folder

otacon91
March 10th, 2006, 21:03

Put the roms in a folder named "N64" in the same place as the "PSP" and the "MP Root" folder

let me give that a try i dint know i had to do that...

LHorse007
March 10th, 2006, 21:03

[edit - text graphics don't work well in this forum]

otacon91
March 10th, 2006, 21:08
uhhgg... putting the rom folder in the outer area where PSP and MPROOT are didnt work it stilll flashes and stays on that screen

otacon91
March 10th, 2006, 21:11
by the way i noticed you said somthing about hiting left and right. when you do that does a rom selection come up on yours

LHorse007
March 10th, 2006, 21:11
uhhgg... putting the rom folder in the outer area where PSP and MPROOT are didnt work it stilll flashes and stays on that screen
did you name the folder "N64"? you cannot name it "rom" or anything like that

otacon91
March 10th, 2006, 21:13
did you name the folder "N64"? you cannot name it "rom" or anything like that

... if that does it im a freakn moron hang on...

rbervoets
March 10th, 2006, 21:15
Will this wok on 2.6 psp via e-loader

DPyro
March 10th, 2006, 21:16
Apparently it does (though I have not personally tested it).

otacon91
March 10th, 2006, 21:17
...The good news is it worked. the bad news is i'm in idiot thanks guys for the help

LHorse007
March 10th, 2006, 21:18
I couldn't get it to work on my 2.6, but I did get it to work on my 1.5
Although, I don't think I have the latest Eloader from Fanjita.

PSPdemon
March 10th, 2006, 21:18
... Okay, let me give it a try :)

1. Make a folder on the root of your memory card called "N64"

2. Unzip the rom you have.. ( ex. "WaveRace64.zip" ) and when you are done unzipping it you should have a folder with a file in it that should say for ex. "Wave-Race-64.v64"

3. Take that file and put it into the folder called "N64" ( which is on the root of your psp )

Now... start up the emulator, and then you should come up to somthing that says this,

( ) load rom -> Wave-Race-64.v64
( ) clock speed
ect. , ect. , ect.

make sure that the "0" between the parantheses is in "load rom" section and press "X"... the light should flicker a couple of times and when it stop... go down to "Run Rom" and press "X" again

I hope that helped you :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

BrooksyX
March 10th, 2006, 21:19
finally got the right rom and got it working to a certain extent.
man this is going to be sweet when he gets texture working and everything optomized. keep up the good work psmonkey

otacon91
March 10th, 2006, 21:19
oh by the way now that ive seen it in action good work on the emulator guys

now maybe once you finish this you can wright a good gba emu!

GREAT WORK

Shilo
March 10th, 2006, 21:20
Yaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! I finaly got to the title screen on Mortal Kombat Trilogy!!!! This is so cool, even if it is a bunch of squares:)

disturbed798
March 10th, 2006, 21:33
this is really awsome. did that donkey guy get banned?

PSPdemon
March 10th, 2006, 21:42
yes... and i hope he never comes back!!! ( lets not talk about him or anything about it anymore... i am still PISSED about it, because its people like him who ruin everything for other people!!! )

Lets not talk about it in this thread...or for any matter any thread.

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

disturbed798
March 10th, 2006, 21:49
can i just say one more thing? why did he get banned? and why didnt he get a chance to release his

PSPdemon
March 10th, 2006, 21:53
Because...it was a fake... and he was going around spamming the fourms and bad mouthing everyone like wraggster and PSmonkey!!! if he was a true dev. he wouldn't be dis other peoples work or back talking to other people.

enough said....no more talk about him

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Platt
March 10th, 2006, 22:19
But what if it wasnt fake, the videos did look real.

cartman2192
March 10th, 2006, 22:20
nice job PSmonkey. someone should get some screenshots

shadow77
March 10th, 2006, 22:30
But what if it wasnt fake, the videos did look real.

Keep believing that, you'll never get the EBOOT because it doesnt exist :D

stop bringing up discussion about that guy

Also very nice job on this first release PSmonkey :cool:

virus_20036
March 10th, 2006, 22:39
I´m spanish vosotros creeis que algun day play mario 64 in psp? :rolleyes:

christophe
March 10th, 2006, 22:43
hey pong on n64 runs well.... hold r shoulder button to add a kinda wind effect. cool..

calebg
March 10th, 2006, 22:51
i got my mario 64 running at 40 fps it shows alittle part of the top (real little but its still running at 40 fps and thats at psp clock speed at 222 at 333 its at 50 fps im not lying i have version 2.6 and ill send psmonkey the rom but i have to figure out how

Martin
March 10th, 2006, 23:05
Great job, congrats on the release. :)

middlemaniac
March 10th, 2006, 23:10
Congrats!! Calebg when you were running the game were you able to see the actuall game, at the top?

Elsid
March 10th, 2006, 23:11
Nnniiicceeee, i bet he got more up his sleeve.

Electrifying
March 10th, 2006, 23:13
Is Pong on 51 frames per second good at 333 mhz?. Because I have a 2.0 PSP and i am using the latest eloader. Is the speed any better on a 1.5 at 333 mhz, or about the same? I am not complaining about the speed, i would just like to know if it is faster on a 1.50 with 333 mhz (I had a good laugh because of the incredible speed at pong. Sometimes, the ball was so fast, that the ''computer player'' couldn't keep up with it. That was a good laugh and looks hilarious :p :D )

Anyway, congrats on your first release, and the progress on your first release is really amazing in such a short amount of time.

Keep up the great/excellent (fill it in yourself ;) ) work PSmonkey :D :D :eek:

middlemaniac
March 10th, 2006, 23:14
i got my mario 64 running at 40 fps it shows alittle part of the top (real little but its still running at 40 fps and thats at psp clock speed at 222 at 333 its at 50 fps im not lying i have version 2.6 and ill send psmonkey the rom but i have to figure out how

Congrats!! Calebg when you were running the game were you able to see the actuall game, at the top? And also 1.5 and 2.0 would both be the same speed.

Shilo
March 10th, 2006, 23:16
I loaded Super Mario 64, put the clock at 333mhz, and ran the rom. I got a glitched screen, but it changed into a small line about 1/4 of the way across the screen and was made up of blue a red dots. The weird thing is that it said it was running at 59fps!!!!! (faster than pong) But, I couldn't do anything but look at the purty dots :)

Edit: My mom was on the internet and someone beat me too it :(, but you said it ran at 50fps on my 2.5 it runs at 59fps.

christophe
March 10th, 2006, 23:19
post some piics of mario runing at that speed for proof....or the version of the rom..

middlemaniac
March 10th, 2006, 23:19
That's interesting! Does that mean we might get Mario 64 running sooner than expected?

supashay91
March 10th, 2006, 23:21
YOU...ARE...GOD....*Grovels*

Electrifying
March 10th, 2006, 23:29
OMG!!

My version of mario runs at 60fps (at 333 mhz)!! :eek: :D

I only see very small white and blue dots on the top left side of the screen :)

My version of Mario 64 is called:

N64 Roms - Super Mario 64 (English).zip

PSmonkey
March 10th, 2006, 23:30
I dont know what is up with mario. Starfox does the same. I think it's waiting on something because the Rsp is initalised but the rdp never goes. Maybe it's checking for the cart sram/eeprom chip & waiting for a read? I'll look into it more after I get textures done on the rdp.

FYI, Mario is not running the game. It's just looping a small section of opcodes waiting on an event before continuing.

Shilo
March 10th, 2006, 23:34
FYI, Mario is not running the game. It's just looping a small section of opcodes waiting on an event before continuing.

You'll figure it out soner or later PSmonkey. Then we can all play SM64 on our PSPs :)

dragontear05
March 10th, 2006, 23:36
Yeah. GPF has the latest stuff and is free to release when ready. So hopefuly the dc port will be out this weekend.

could you provide a link please? thanks! :D

GPF
March 11th, 2006, 00:13
could you provide a link please? thanks! :D

http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk is my site, right now Ill I have is the original dc nincest port that started this wonderful new Monkey creation :)

I got the 2d part running so most if not all of the current supported homebrew should run, im still having issues with the 3d part, it draws on the dreamcast emulators but not on hardware, also the dreamcast has less memory then the psp so rom size is more of a concern, Pong is playable on the dreamcast too :)

Depending on my family time, Ill see if I can get something out this weekend, but I can't promise anything since I dont do much coding on weekends except late nights :)

Troy(GPF)

dragontear05
March 11th, 2006, 00:37
http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk is my site, right now Ill I have is the original dc nincest port that started this wonderful new Monkey creation :)

I got the 2d part running so most if not all of the current supported homebrew should run, im still having issues with the 3d part, it draws on the dreamcast emulators but not on hardware, also the dreamcast has less memory then the psp so rom size is more of a concern, Pong is playable on the dreamcast too :)

Depending on my family time, Ill see if I can get something out this weekend, but I can't promise anything since I dont do much coding on weekends except late nights :)

Troy(GPF)

Okay! Thanks much! :)

pkmaximum
March 11th, 2006, 01:04
Wow great work PSmonkey im really impressed.

PigTails_19
March 11th, 2006, 01:30
i cant get any of these games to work. i tried playing all of the n64 games and they all just crash. why is everyone soo excited about this? it really just sucks. i hope psdonkey comes back and gives us his donkey64 game

otacon91
March 11th, 2006, 01:31
whats that wierd screen you get with mortal combat with all the crome looking things

DPyro
March 11th, 2006, 01:33
i cant get any of these games to work. i tried playing all of the n64 games and they all just crash. why is everyone soo excited about this? it really just sucks. i hope psdonkey comes back and gives us his donkey64 game

Do not insult PSmonkey like that. He has worked hard on this emulator, and has specifically said commercial games do not work yet. Also, PSdonkey is a fraud and should never be spoken of.

EDIT: I should say YOU are a fraud PSdonkey/chrisfile. Go away!

otacon91
March 11th, 2006, 01:38
has anyone discovered any games that do more than just show the fuzz screen though if you have name it i really want to play something

Galiano
March 11th, 2006, 01:38
Fantastic work!!! works with latest eloader (biere d'alsace) on my 2.0 through TIFF and GTA. PSmonkey you are a god.

otacon91
March 11th, 2006, 01:41
Fantastic work!!! works with latest eloader (biere d'alsace) on my 2.0 through TIFF and GTA. PSmonkey you are a god.

Dude Fanjita created the eloader, monkey made the emulator for 64

otacon91
March 11th, 2006, 01:45
so does anyone know of any games that work post there name

Erban Terrorist
March 11th, 2006, 01:52
"PSMONKEY" I was just wondering that since this runs right now in user mode......will it stay that way for future releases?????????

P.S. GREAT WORK AND THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrooksyX
March 11th, 2006, 01:58
well personally i hope he takes advantage of kernal mode. That is probably the only way that most commercial games will run at decent speeds. Hopefully he will also be able to take advantage of the gpu and add wifi adhoc. These most likely wont happen without kernal mode.

jairolas
March 11th, 2006, 02:00
well personally i hope he takes advantage of kernal mode. That is probably the only way that most commercial games will run at decent speeds. Hopefully he will also be able to take advantage of the gpu and add wifi adhoc. These most likely wont happen without kernal mode.

Amen :cool:

Iwin
March 11th, 2006, 02:14
You wish my brother PSDonkey was banned from these fourms. They tried to ban me but my brother did something to the website to unbann me. you should get your information straight before you open your mouth sniper. you are right pigtails when you say that this emulator sucks because it does and everyone else is thinking the same thing you are but don\'t have the guts to say it.

Sumo X
March 11th, 2006, 02:40

Agreed- I feel a little bad for our 2.01+ brothers, but I'd realy like to see how far this emulator could go with the maximum power availabl.e

enixidfrag
March 11th, 2006, 02:48
OMFG!!! dcemu FINALLY gave me the confirmation link.

anyway wanted to say congrates on all your work your deffinatly a legend in the community. seriously cant wait to see how far you take this (and hopefully get Mario Cart 64 :D )

also cant wait for the next version of Iris and if your still looking for a Syphon Filter Demo disk i work at EB so i can hook you up with one if you need it

oh almost forgot:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Erban Terrorist
March 11th, 2006, 03:38
Still would be nice to have Monkey64 run on all firmwares....even so I will play MK even if its the only game us 2.01+ ers get to play....Thanks for all the hard work again,and I dont know if I'v caught on but I guess HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Erban Terrorist
March 11th, 2006, 04:29
Also I tried the MAME 64 Emulator v1.0 (PD).z64 and it runs.....just not sure what it says on the screen.....the writeing is too small.........will update later

knarf
March 11th, 2006, 05:07
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness runs at 81fps :eek:
but all you see is a bunch of little squares....its weird :confused:

(running at 333mhz) PSP VER. 2.6

clouds10
March 11th, 2006, 05:17
Okay guys, i'm having the same problem as Otacon91, but my folder is named N64. All the folders are in the right place and when i hit X on run rom, nothing happens. It's like the option doesnt exist

BrooksyX
March 11th, 2006, 05:36
did you load the rom first

u have to click load rom then scroll down and click run rom

knarf
March 11th, 2006, 05:37
You know where the rom select option is right? well simply hit the (X) button and you will see on the top left corner that the rom has been loaded or somehting like that. then after you have done this go to the "run rom" option and hit the (x) button

clouds10
March 11th, 2006, 05:54
Oh, okay i didn't hit X first. and Jet Force Gemini says it has insufficient memory to run the rom just to let everyone know

BrooksyX
March 11th, 2006, 06:03
obviously it wont work right now or maybe ever do to the fact that rom has to be loaded on to the ram. Since there is only about 16-18 mb available to store the game on, the rom must be less than 16-18 mb unpacked, yes the psp may have 32 mb of memory/ram after running the emu and psp os there is around half left. I am pretty sure that jet force gemni is alot bigger than the space available. Hopefully there will be a way around this someday.

PSmonkey
March 11th, 2006, 06:07
obviously it wont work right now or maybe ever do to the fact that rom has to be loaded on to the ram. Since there is only about 16-18 mb available to store the game on, the rom must be less than 16-18 mb unpacked, yes the psp may have 32 mb of memory/ram after running the emu and psp os there is around half left. I am pretty sure that jet force gemni is alot bigger than the space available. Hopefully there will be a way around this someday.

Actualy from what I can tell. Only 24MB are left for the app (rest is taken up by the kernal even tho it's not used). So with 4MB RDRAM for the n64 emu, about 1-2MB for registers & the app (its small tho), there is enough space for 16MB roms. Yet I plan to work out a system later on to suport 32MB roms.

BrooksyX
March 11th, 2006, 06:11
oh really, i was just making a rough estimate from what i have heard.
but jet force gemni is well over 24 mb in size. so even if you could unlock 24 mb for the rom still some games would just simply be to big

BrooksyX
March 11th, 2006, 06:20
oh by the way happy birthday psmonkey keep up the good work.

yesterday was my birthday too, i just turned 16 couldnt ask for a better present. :) :D :)

infernomax
March 11th, 2006, 06:58
Awesome release PSmonkey just testin MKT now, if you need any help with anything i'll do whatever i can to help , just give me a yell if u need a hand, congrats i appreciate this most of all the Apps this year , i'm sure i speak for a majority of the PSP homebrew community! THANK YOU

enixidfrag
March 11th, 2006, 07:08
oh by the way happy birthday psmonkey keep up the good work.

yesterday was my birthday too, i just turned 16 couldnt ask for a better present. :) :D :)
yea its funny cause my girlfriends (soon to be fiance ;) ) b-day is the 23'rd mines the 31'st and we were out with a girl whos b-day was yesterday

also you all need to remember that there are a bunch of roms out there that probably wont work period no matter what. cause they never worked on the PC N64 emu to begin with :(

BrooksyX
March 11th, 2006, 07:12
really thats crazy, my dads birthday was today!

so is your girlfriend going to get a nice bday present. ;)

oh and i know that there are roms that wont work but i was addressing the memory issue. Even when most commercial games are supported psmonkey will have to find away around loading the entire rom onto the memory.

infernomax
March 11th, 2006, 08:25
geez i cant find Mortal Kombat Trilogy (U) (V1.0) [b1].z64 anywhere... any1 having luck ??

Erban Terrorist
March 11th, 2006, 09:43
:cool: (Project64) runs quite a few roms I Must Say......
I was just playin it.... :cool:

crazyjohn
March 11th, 2006, 10:13
Excellent First release!! Ive been following your progress from the beggining and Im amazed at what you've achieved in such a short period of time! Pong is great (gotta love the r-trigger cheat/bug) I am having a little trouble with MC Trilogy. I can get to the menu but instead of going on to the select player screen all I get is boxes floating from left to right.... weird. Anywho ill just wait for the texture code. GREAT WORK PSMONKEY!!!

Shilo
March 11th, 2006, 12:25
Would it be possible to eventualy run N64 roms that are way bigger than the PSP's memory? Say around 40.96mb, cuz thats how big Paper Mario is!!!!!!! The day that I can play Paper Mario on my PSP is the day that I will Plug my charger into my PSP and play for weeks on end with just bathroom breaks:) (It takes about 24-30hrs to beat Paper Mario so in a couple of weeks stright lets say 2 (If it is even possible to stay up that long) I would have beat the game around 14 times!:)) If this is a possiblity, I'm gona need to stock up on energy drinks!!:):):):):)

crazyjohn
March 11th, 2006, 12:32
I love paper mario. I got quite far in it but only under emulation it gave me a headache with all the flickering (This was on PJ64, havent tried it with anything else). Would be cool on the PSP but I dunno how its gonna work.

Vega
March 11th, 2006, 12:49
Great work monkey. Congratulations man!
I always showed support even tho I thought Id never download monkey64 because Im a 2.6 eloader user. But I hear IT FRICKIN RUNS ON 2.6!!!!
so I need to ask, anyone with 2.6, do we place the emulator in the game folder or what? please help. and has anyone tested wcw revenge or wwf no mercy?

Three cheers and a big cold pint directed at psmonkey, keep at it mate, and you will achieve the once thought unachievable.

what a huge step in emulation history.

Shilo
March 11th, 2006, 12:52
I love paper mario. I got quite far in it but only under emulation it gave me a headache with all the flickering (This was on PJ64, havent tried it with anything else). Would be cool on the PSP but I dunno how its gonna work.

I hate the flickering with PJ64 on Paper Mario and the colors are screwed up too, but I'd play it on my PSP even if it ran at 1fps. As long as it runs I will play! And it's good to see a fellow Paper Mario fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DPyro
March 11th, 2006, 13:16
yea its funny cause my girlfriends (soon to be fiance ;) ) b-day is the 23'rd mines the 31'st and we were out with a girl whos b-day was yesterday

also you all need to remember that there are a bunch of roms out there that probably wont work period no matter what. cause they never worked on the PC N64 emu to begin with :(

Actually, some roms that don't work in PJ64 do work in M64 ;)

Shilo
March 11th, 2006, 14:38
Actually, some roms that don't work in PJ64 do work in M64

I've noticed that too. Mortal Kombat Trilogy (U) [!] works fine on PJ64 but not on M64 and Mortal Kombat Trilogy (U) (V1.0) [!] dosen't work on PJ64 but it works on M64. Why :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Vega
March 11th, 2006, 16:31
Hey, to any 2.6 users that got a rom running, where did you place the rom?

Im sorry about this, i know its probably been explained, but 2.6 useres must put the "n64" rom inside "Game". I've placed the rom simply in the n64 folder but it ain't recognizing it. Please help

PSmonkey
March 11th, 2006, 16:45
Hey, to any 2.6 users that got a rom running, where did you place the rom?

Im sorry about this, i know its probably been explained, but 2.6 useres must put the "n64" rom inside "Game". I've placed the rom simply in the n64 folder but it ain't recognizing it. Please help

the n64 folder must be on the root of the memory stick. ms0:/n64/ is where i check for roms. The root is where you see the folder PSP and a few other folders.

Vega
March 11th, 2006, 16:48
OK Monkey I'll give that a try,

sorry I just posted a thread regarding this, so delete it if you want.

Vega
March 11th, 2006, 16:52
so the actual emu looks like this ?

f:/n64/1.5 (the rom will be below the 1.5 foler)/psp/game/monk

is this right? sorry for being a nuisance

Vega
March 11th, 2006, 16:58
The eloader wont recognize the n64 emu when its placed in the root foler.

Its ok I'll just experiment 'till I get it right. Thanks anyway man.

christophe
March 11th, 2006, 16:58
how fast is progress coming along since monkey 1.0,,,or are u taking a well deserved nap. lol. i cant wait damnit.... :)

cpt.crogge
March 11th, 2006, 17:06
Nice Work !
Maybe you should look here Short...
60 Working Games for Monkey 64 searched by Crogge (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?p=483635#post483635)
Just want to help ^^

hockey2112
March 11th, 2006, 17:07
so the actual emu looks like this ?

f:/n64/1.5 (the rom will be below the 1.5 foler)/psp/game/monk

is this right? sorry for being a nuisance

Taken directly from the readme file for the emu:

// To Use
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
1) Create a folder labled "n64" on the root of your memory stick.
2) Copy your roms into the "n64" folder (roms MUST NOT be zipped).
..) Example "G:\n64\" (replace G: with your psp drive letter)
3) Copy the files from the folder containing your psp version number
..) Example, 1.0 users will go into 1.0 folder and copy the psp directory to the root of the memory stick.
4) Run the software :)

So, the roms go in the "G:\n64\" folder (replace G: with your psp drive letter), and the files in the 1.0/1.5 folder go in "G:\PSP\GAME\" folder.

It will then look like this on your PSP (I am on a 2.0, so I use the 1.0 folder and eboot):

G:\n64\ -your roms go here-
G:\PSP\GAME\Monkey64\eboot.pbp

pkmaximum
March 11th, 2006, 17:12
PSmonkey your still working on this emulator now right. Not trying to be rushing you or anything its just you usually give us news about your progress every day and I only have beenseeing threads on the new release now. If your taking a break and working on IRIS or something thats kool i understand. Or if your just taking a break period and you want to relax a bit with your girl friend that is kool too. Just wanted to know if you were working ont his emulator and you have no news to post or anything. Well good luck you have my full 100% support.

Chrikke
March 11th, 2006, 17:37
Does this work on 2.6 WITHOUT Gta and eLoader? Hell, does any homebrew work like that on 2.6? If not I'm gonna buy GTA as soon as my exams are over...

StealthCP
March 11th, 2006, 18:35
Does this work on 2.6 WITHOUT Gta and eLoader? Hell, does any homebrew work like that on 2.6? If not I'm gonna buy GTA as soon as my exams are over...
Heh, unless Sony leaks source, no direct homebrew for 2.6.

Anyway... Well done on improving your emulator over the test release, it is really something. Goldeneye is coming closer and closer now, but I'm wondering if the PSPs CPU will be strong enough for it. If it is.. well, we'll see. Doubt you'll read this comment, but Doom 64 seems to run with some graphical interface. It isn't playable, but I didn't expect it to be anyway. Wish you luck on future development of this emulator, and good luck with the recompiler, they can be tricky buggers :P

pkmaximum
March 11th, 2006, 19:31
Ya good luck PSmonkey I look foward to you newest projects. And ideas. This build was amzing for a test release and im sure your next release will finaly show the world that PSP can boot Mario 64 and we can stick it strait to those Nintendo DS owners. Quote my little brother lol he still thinks that that lousy piece of junk was a good investment i get him a PSP for his birthday and he trades it into Game Crazy and gets a Nintendo DS. Couldn't believe it. Well great work PSmonkey you have my full 100% support.

Shilo
March 11th, 2006, 21:54
Ya good luck PSmonkey I look foward to you newest projects. And ideas. This build was amzing for a test release and im sure your next release will finaly show the world that PSP can boot Mario 64 and we can stick it strait to those Nintendo DS owners. Quote my little brother lol he still thinks that that lousy piece of junk was a good investment i get him a PSP for his birthday and he trades it into Game Crazy and gets a Nintendo DS. Couldn't believe it. Well great work PSmonkey you have my full 100% support.

Whats wrong with the NDS???????!!!!!!!!!???????????? I got a DS and a PSP, and I like them both. When I go on a realy long car trip I bring both. The PSP has better homebrew capabilitys, but the DS has better actual games. In my oppion there equal. And to call it junk? Shame on you. Sorry to go off topic :)

Vega
March 11th, 2006, 22:06
Thanks for the help hockey, the emu is now recognizing the rom. Awesome!

Yeah Monkey, superb work! remember to keep us updated man! Theres a helluva lot of tabs on The Monkey!

pkmaximum
March 11th, 2006, 23:38
Whats wrong with the NDS???????!!!!!!!!!???????????? I got a DS and a PSP, and I like them both. When I go on a realy long car trip I bring both. The PSP has better homebrew capabilitys, but the DS has better actual games. In my oppion there equal. And to call it junk? Shame on you. Sorry to go off topic :)

I did not say that there was anything wrong with the Nintendo DS its just that my little brother was a fool to trade in his PSP for a Nintendo DS. Because I think I speak for everyone when I say taht PSP is better than Nintendo DS.

yaustar
March 12th, 2006, 00:09
You don't speak for everyone if you consider that the DS is outselling the PSP by miles in Japan.
http://game-science.com/news/001306.php

Nice release PSMonkey

PSmonkey
March 12th, 2006, 00:54
PSmonkey your still working on this emulator now right. Not trying to be rushing you or anything its just you usually give us news about your progress every day and I only have beenseeing threads on the new release now. If your taking a break and working on IRIS or something thats kool i understand. Or if your just taking a break period and you want to relax a bit with your girl friend that is kool too. Just wanted to know if you were working ont his emulator and you have no news to post or anything. Well good luck you have my full 100% support.

Well last night i was beat so i did not accomplish much. I was up till 3am trying to inroduce tile/texture loading rdp instructions but they are not working correctly yet. I today have been trying to take care of my gf since she is sick & as well i am just more physicaly drained then I realised. Tonight I will get back on textures.

FYI, 1.1 release will probably only be what we have now but with textures working. It might be a week or two till we see mario up & running.

Vega
March 12th, 2006, 01:08
A week or two? Damn man I thought it would've been at least two or more months. Dont under-estimate the monkey!
Take your time monkey

Shilo
March 12th, 2006, 01:16
I did not say that there was anything wrong with the Nintendo DS its just that my little brother was a fool to trade in his PSP for a Nintendo DS. Because I think I speak for everyone when I say taht PSP is better than Nintendo DS.

Didn't say nothing wrong? Uhhhhhh........ you called a "lousy piece of junk".

FYI, 1.1 release will probably only be what we have now but with textures working. It might be a week or two till we see mario up & running.

WOW! Just a week or two and Mario will be running! Very good PSmonkey!!!

middlemaniac
March 12th, 2006, 01:18
ONLY A WEEK OR TWO!!!!!! That's amazing, even if it goes really slow! Oh, PSmonkey do you think Mario would work on a 2.0 PSP with the new Eboot Loader from Fanjita?

BrooksyX
March 12th, 2006, 02:23
how long do u think untill zip support is added, memory space is probably one the more important things to take into consideration when coding anything on the psp due to the price size ratio of the sticks and also the maximum of 4 gb in size. But thankfully the prices are coming down.

crazyjohn
March 12th, 2006, 02:28
A lot of people dont understand whats going on with firmware compatibility. Monkey64 should be compatible with all firmwares up until the point when it uses kernel mode specific code. This is unlikely to happen until monkey gets to the optimisation stage when he makes a recompiler and uses the Media Engine. In other words all you 2.X users should get a version of monkies emu that runs mario and many other games. But it will be SLOW. Don't expect to see a 30fps N64 commercial rom running emu in 2.x (Although PSMonkey is a coding genious so maybe). Please nobody ask "will this run with...."

PS 2 WEEKS!! OMG HAPPINESS OVERLOAD >_< KABOOM

Hehe take your time man, you've exceeded all our expectations

bledrix
March 12th, 2006, 02:48
I cant get this to work. I have 2.5 and i am using Eloader the latest version and when i try to run Monkey 64 all the text disapears and after about 8 seconds my psp shuts off. Also added to my list i have monk and i try to run that and the screen goes black and the psp shuts off. Can anyone please help me?

chickenclaws
March 12th, 2006, 02:59
all i can say is that your my hero. one day im going to be just like you. i have always wanted to code and i do as much as i can (hello worlds) anyway i am very excited for you and i cant beleive in approx 2 weeks we'll have a emu thats runs mario 64 at even 1fps lol

ps; YOUR MY HERO!!!!

Vega
March 12th, 2006, 03:14
I cant get this to work. I have 2.5 and i am using Eloader the latest version and when i try to run Monkey 64 all the text disapears and after about 8 seconds my psp shuts off. Also added to my list i have monk and i try to run that and the screen goes black and the psp shuts off. Can anyone please help me?
I think you are running the older eloader.
Make sure your using the patched version of Brown Ale from Fanjita and select the "Monk" folder from the eloader menu.

bledrix
March 12th, 2006, 03:19
ok. lets see how that goes, im downloading the patch now

bledrix
March 12th, 2006, 03:35
ok i installed the patched one and i when i start up gta it doesnt load eloader, it loads my gta saved game and plays gta. Anyone help?

bledrix
March 12th, 2006, 04:24
WHOA!!! got pong to work! Now time to find my cd with tons of n64 roms!

enixidfrag
March 12th, 2006, 04:46
Nice Work !
Maybe you should look here Short...
60 Working Games for Monkey 64 searched by Crogge (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?p=483635#post483635)
Just want to help ^^
link not working by any chance did you save the list or anything???

also PSMonkey not sure if you saw my earlier post but if you still need a Syphon Filter demo disc i can hook you up cause i work at EB ;)

bledrix
March 12th, 2006, 05:06
it would be helpfull if i can see that list also.

christophe
March 12th, 2006, 16:31
do u have anymore updates, news for us psmonkey?

Shilo
March 12th, 2006, 16:31
ok i installed the patched one and i when i start up gta it doesnt load eloader, it loads my gta saved game and plays gta. Anyone help?

Just press start in GTA and go to load game, then load the eloader. Or, if you want it to auto load. Just hook it up to your computer, take the eloader save game (not the eloader folder but the gta save in Save Games) and copy it to your desktop. Then, after it has copyed, delete it off of your memory stick, then take the GTA save game that you copyed earlier and put that back on your memory stick. The the eloader should load when you start GTA :)

PSmonkey
March 12th, 2006, 21:39
link not working by any chance did you save the list or anything???

also PSMonkey not sure if you saw my earlier post but if you still need a Syphon Filter demo disc i can hook you up cause i work at EB ;)

If you can that would be wonderful. I partly gave up since the release is not far away but would love to have it for collecting. :D

Platt
March 12th, 2006, 21:56
hi PSmonkey, i was just wondering, u sayin that the release is not far off, well how good will that release be, i mean will i be able to run most commercial roms at a good speed and with clear textures etc, i mean as good as project64?

DPyro
March 12th, 2006, 22:01
hi PSmonkey, i was just wondering, u sayin that the release is not far off, well how good will that release be, i mean will i be able to run most commercial roms at a good speed and with clear textures etc, i mean as good as project64?
He was talking about Syphon Filter.

chickenclaws
March 12th, 2006, 22:40
i cant wait till next release of m64 its going to be the bomb or wait its going to be the nuke!

Vega
March 12th, 2006, 23:20
A weapon of mass destruction!

pkmaximum
March 12th, 2006, 23:24
Alright I apologise about the nintendo ds comment i did not think everyone was going to get so up tight about it. Any ways what i meant was I think it was a bad decision the fact my little brother traded in his PSP for a Nintendo DS one because with emulation and homebrew it gives the PSP in my opinion an infinite replay value. And just look at the price comparison to a PSP and a Nintendo DS after all he did tell me to get him a PSP for his birthday. And then he pulls a stunt like that. I just think its dumb. And in my opion (mine only) The PSP beats the Nintendo DS by miles. But hey other people may feel different. Even though soon enough the PSP will be able to emulate n64.

psp726
March 13th, 2006, 02:37
You are by far psmonkey, the best coder for the psp. Not only am I looking foward to your n64 emulator but im also looking foward to iris. Both of your projects look very promising for the future. Also, in the future do u think your n64 emulator will be able to play banjo kazooie or banjo tooie at playable speeds?

Shilo
March 13th, 2006, 02:37
I think that trading a DS for PSP is a bad choice. And when PSmonkey gets monkey64 running good, I might favor the PSP a little more than the DS, but just a little :) (big Nintendo fan:):):):):)).

dope418
March 13th, 2006, 03:31
i dont know how to work the emu or put game on the n64 file!!!! please help!!

AirbrushFanatik
March 13th, 2006, 05:09
I tried on 2.6 w/ newest fanjita eloader, using a mortal combat rom, any roms you know of that work at a playable speed? BTW Excellent work, I am looking forward to Golden Eye :D

enixidfrag
March 13th, 2006, 06:01
If you can that would be wonderful. I partly gave up since the release is not far away but would love to have it for collecting. :D
PM me where u want it shipped to and i would be happy to oblidge (especially if i can beta your new Iris ;) )

leandro batera
March 13th, 2006, 06:08
it helped debtor

qaopjlll
March 13th, 2006, 06:09
Hey Monkey64 you say Mortal Kombat Trilogies is playable, as in you can start an actual fight? When I run the rom I get to the title screen with a bunch of squares on it, and the pink cursor which is highlighting the different game modes is moving to the right without me doing anything. If I press start then I get taken to the option menu and all of the options are moving to the right without me doing anything. So I figured that the emu was constantly registering up and right (because to access the options menu from the title screen you have to hold up and press start). So I went back to the title screen and held down and left and pressed start, which I think got me to the character select screen (although I couldnt tell what I was doing since everything was a bunch of squares), and from there I pressed start and the emu froze.

PSmonkey
March 13th, 2006, 06:41
Hey Monkey64 you say Mortal Kombat Trilogies is playable, as in you can start an actual fight? When I run the rom I get to the title screen with a bunch of squares on it, and the pink cursor which is highlighting the different game modes is moving to the right without me doing anything. If I press start then I get taken to the option menu and all of the options are moving to the right without me doing anything. So I figured that the emu was constantly registering up and right (because to access the options menu from the title screen you have to hold up and press start). So I went back to the title screen and held down and left and pressed start, which I think got me to the character select screen (although I couldnt tell what I was doing since everything was a bunch of squares), and from there I pressed start and the emu froze.

You are onto something. I dont know why it registers up & left always (pd roms show that input is correct so it could be an emulation error). Anyways as soon as I get to the player screen I quickly hold left & start. Then after a while (takes a bit) you get what looks like the difficulty pillers. When you get here hold select to pick the first and when it starts scrolling down keep pressing start & A or b. It will cut out early and launch the fight. It's easy to notice ur in game when you see blue bars at the top (its health bars).

Shilo
March 13th, 2006, 15:04
YAAA! I finally got it to where you can fight. Thanks PSmonkey. Your little button tricks worked :)

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/609/mortalkombattrilogyuv10b1z648q.png

PSmonkey
March 13th, 2006, 15:15
hehe sweet,

anyways not much of an update over the weekend. I'm having trouble with tile loading. All the plugins seem to copy the same bit of code for byteswaping the data but its in pure x86 asm (my weakness, I can handle risc based asm). Anyways I have a friend who is gonna give me a rough c translation of the code which will help. At most so far I can get a garbled acclaim logo from bust-a-move 2.

Anyways since I got a little fed up last night I moved onto other things. I desided to get bust-a-move & mortal kombat mithologies progressing. I now have bust-a-move getting to the title screen (i think it stops from there but hard to tell) which is great. Mk mithologies progresses but still needs more opcodes. :/

So thats about it for now. I'll hopefuly get the byteswap code today from my friend to fix things.

Shilo
March 13th, 2006, 15:21
Cool! This emu is getting better and better!

dylanvv20
March 13th, 2006, 15:39
ya,it definitely is,and those are some of my favorite games soo....yay!

PSmonkey
March 13th, 2006, 19:16
Ok well interesting things. I still having problems with tiles but today desided to quickly pop in TLUT = Texture Look Up Table / Palettes. Well there are sadly color & sync issues but its interesting that it's drawing some text characters.

Anyways I though I would post since alot where wanting to see some progress. First is from MK Mithologies, Second is from MK Trillogy. Ingamestuff is still not correct. :(

Kite0
March 13th, 2006, 19:19
Conidering that as of three days ago those letters
were white boxes, I'd say this is some very good progress
keep it up.

DarkPSP
March 13th, 2006, 19:48
Very nice work!
Is there anyway you can fit in a full screen mode in the future?
If so that would be great :D
Please keep up the good work we are counting on you!

pkmaximum
March 13th, 2006, 20:07
Man im really looking foward to the next release more progress keeps getting made good work PSmonkey you have my full supports.:)

glitch
March 13th, 2006, 20:18
I'm sure he will get it full screen but first he of course needs to focus on the basics which he is doing extremely well, he's not throwing out a bunch of extra and useless features on to the table at this point. He is instead just giving us updates on how the basic stuff is going and not making promises, which I respect him for that.

Also I do not think I have read anywhere that this is open source or anything, so umm is it? And if so are you only selecting particular programmers to give it to? And if not, why not? Why must your code be a secret?

If any road blocks happen to try and cease the developement would it not be in the best interest to everyone including yourself to leave it open? Open Source is unstoppable.

PSmonkey
March 13th, 2006, 20:58
I'm sure he will get it full screen but first he of course needs to focus on the basics which he is doing extremely well, he's not throwing out a bunch of extra and useless features on to the table at this point. He is instead just giving us updates on how the basic stuff is going and not making promises, which I respect him for that.

Also I do not think I have read anywhere that this is open source or anything, so umm is it? And if so are you only selecting particular programmers to give it to? And if not, why not? Why must your code be a secret?

If any road blocks happen to try and cease the developement would it not be in the best interest to everyone including yourself to leave it open? Open Source is unstoppable.

Its supost to be opensource but I was not ready to post source for last build since i was in the middle of stuff (plus i need to rewrite some parts). I hope to post with v1.1 where it will be more useful.

Vega
March 13th, 2006, 21:11
Nice progress Monkey.

gronne
March 13th, 2006, 22:08
I've got to congratulate you for being so fast in your programming. How could you've built an emu so fast from scratch? I guess there's a lot of public technical information about emulating the n64 from earlier n64 emulators, right? Nonetheless it's incredible you've made such fast progress!!! Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!!

StealthCP
March 13th, 2006, 22:27
Excellent work PSMonkey, you're flying through this.

I might add, to keep credit towards yourself by not going full opensource, while you are working on one part of the emulator, why not release a small part of code on another part to see what others have come up with?

Anyway great work. I've never seen an emulator being written this fast by one person.

Shilo
March 13th, 2006, 22:39
WOW!!!!!!!!! Its got letters!:) GREAT JOB PSmonkey.

DarkPSP
March 13th, 2006, 22:47
Yeah, your making good progress here :)
And im glad it will be in full screen on release..
Its okay if you dont get the sound working until later, but as long as
the game is running fine, thats fine too...
Anyway keep up the good work! I am looking foroward to playing all my fav N64 games
Like Extreme G and Mairo Party on the PSP.. :D
Thanks again!

Timale-Kun
March 13th, 2006, 22:48
New improvment day after day. This is So great but once again don't push yourself too much. don't wanna lose the Monkey^^.

Shilo
March 13th, 2006, 23:35
New improvment day after day. This is So great but once again don't push yourself too much. don't wanna lose the Monkey^^.

No we don't wana lose him! We need you PSmonkey! Without you my PSP would die!

Erban Terrorist
March 13th, 2006, 23:44
PSMONKEY...I was just wondering how long you've been codeing and what made you get into the psp scene????

Shilo
March 14th, 2006, 01:20
It won't be long before we can all play Super Mario 64 on our PSPs :)

DarkPSP
March 14th, 2006, 01:52
It won't be long before we can all play Super Mario 64 on our PSPs :)
I hope so.. Along with MK64, MP, 007, Extreme G, and many others..
But take your time PSmonkey I know this is not the easiest emulator to get working...

BrooksyX
March 14th, 2006, 02:20
shoot if i could just play mario 64 and a few other titles at decent speeds i would go crazy. Keep up the work Monkey! :D

sroon
March 14th, 2006, 03:28
Hey I was just playing my pj64 on my older 366 mhz computer and i was playing zelda 64 and it was kinda playable. so i was wondering since the psp only goes up to 333 mhz if the monkey 64 would work any faster.
By the way psmonkey you are my one and only HERO!!!

glitch
March 14th, 2006, 04:20
sroon,

out of all the n64 emulators you probably picked the most cpu intensive out of them all. Try UltraHLE or 1964 or even Corn on that same computer and see how much faster that game runs then ask about th 333mhz. And second of all your computer cpu is x86 architecture based, you don't think they used a simple x86 cpu in the n64 too do you? Crazy bast@rd they used a MIPS cpu which processes things a good bit different but lucky for us the PSP uses a similar(much newer and much faster MIPS) RISC cpu. Just means one less thing to emulate, considering your computer is having to emulate that.

I do wish some of the big n64 coders of the day would help PSMonkey further along this project but I am sure some of them may take a look once he releases the code.

I supose any plugins made for pj64 and 1964 will probably never work on the psp....

BrooksyX
March 14th, 2006, 05:49
Hey I was just playing my pj64 on my older 366 mhz computer and i was playing zelda 64 and it was kinda playable. so i was wondering since the psp only goes up to 333 mhz if the monkey 64 would work any faster.
By the way psmonkey you are my one and only HERO!!!

also keep in mind that half of your resources are being used up by windows or whatever os you have. Since the psp does not have to run a very complicated os, an n64 emu would have access to a much larger amount of the cpu than your computer.

sroon
March 14th, 2006, 07:07
holy$hit your right, my old celeron w\xp isnt so bad after all! btw i only use that comp for my 2 psps & thair hacks. it wouldnt be good to ruin my new comp. and thanks glitch

p007889
March 14th, 2006, 08:31
i cant wait till this runs mario64 great job PSmonkey i really wish i could help out with it :confused: and i will if i can just let me know

PSmonkey
March 14th, 2006, 15:24
yo, so far little progress.

1) Bust a Move 2 now gets into either the demo mode of the game playing or gets into the menus then hangs (not crash, just the cpu gets stuck).

2) Mortal Kombat Mythologies now gets in game. Yet for some reason all I get is the health bar, pause menu & sub menu with potions. No 3d is called for to be drawn still. :( I got to figure out why (maybe lack of microcode processing??).

Anyways thats about it. I am gonna hit up some pd demo src and try breaking that down to get 3d rendering. I also am going to take it easy on monkey64 this week so I can get Iris finished and out the door (my good, the new produkt map is amazing).

Timale-Kun
March 14th, 2006, 15:30
PSMONKEY...I was just wondering how long you've been codeing and what made you get into the psp scene????

May have your answer in PSMonkey's Interview right Here (http://pspemulation.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=103&Itemid=25)

Psycho77
March 14th, 2006, 17:38
Ah cool interview, will give me something to read while he keep updating the emulator, really impressive work PSmonkey.

PS: I'll invite you playing poker at home and take the beer is free when you want ;) (same city of course). Doing another game the 24th march =P

PS2: Hmm actually if you come play poker everyone will hate me because the progress will slow down, might be a bad idea !

Shilo
March 14th, 2006, 18:59
That was a cool interview:)

Erban Terrorist
March 14th, 2006, 22:19
TIMALE-KUN.........Thanks much appreciated!!!!

I hope its not too late for me then.....Im just starting and Im 25

bugo
March 15th, 2006, 00:58
PSmonkey, do you have coded 3D yet? or is not rendering ok? Sorry to be boring, just wanna know whats going on...

Do you have friends working on this emu with you? Any other coders?
If someone give you a time, you will be able to let him help ya?

Nice to see the progress man... you rock!

mkcl
March 15th, 2006, 00:58
Great work on the emulator Psmonkey
Don't kill yourself getting it to work though. hah

Hope you get bust-a-move working someday so i can replace the gameboy color one for my girlfriend. Its hard to tell with that one.. the colors are all messed up.

hockey2112
March 15th, 2006, 18:56
Great work on the emulator Psmonkey
Don't kill yourself getting it to work though. hah

Hope you get bust-a-move working someday so i can replace the gameboy color one for my girlfriend. Its hard to tell with that one.. the colors are all messed up.

Try the NeoGeo CD version. It's pretty sweet.

POOKAPOOKAPOOKA
March 15th, 2006, 21:28
First post here- Wow, this is great. I know that no commercial roms will work, but will they ever. Is it looking like some day we will have Mario 64 or even Ocarina of Time on our PSP. Please dont give me bs about button issues because that can DEFINITELY be worked out. So ya, is there hope?

superdrugyxx
March 15th, 2006, 21:52
of course there is hope. and as for the buttons psmonkey already has that worked out. just browse though some topics and you'll find it.

pspburner
March 18th, 2006, 00:01
Keep up the shyt:D

pou90
March 19th, 2006, 02:04
hi all i have tested psmonkey and a list of game all game dosent work
-Conker's Bad Fur Day (E) [!].z64
-Gex 64 - Enter the Gecko (E) [!].z64
-Holy Magic Century (F) [o1].z64
-Super Mario 64 (E) (M3) [!].z64
please send me all of detail for why he dosent work and the tutorial how work the roms

[email protected]

yaustar
March 19th, 2006, 04:23
Becuase the emulator is not completed.

Master_shake329
March 19th, 2006, 19:10
This plays much better than your first release nincest. Great work!!

Vega
March 20th, 2006, 00:26

Super Nintendo version is nearly as good as the neogeo. The gameboy Bust-a-move is ****ing lame.

Cap'n 1time
March 20th, 2006, 02:24
Super Nintendo version is nearly as good as the neogeo. The gameboy Bust-a-move is ****ing lame.

yes.. but its impossible to compete with neogeo's bust-a-move ;)

PSmonkey
March 20th, 2006, 03:20
Neo Geo Bust a Move was great but can't compair to Taito's F-3 which had Bust a Move 2-4. 2 & 3 are the best in the series. Luckly the n64 port of 2 is quite good so hopefuly I can get it working soon.

r-fizzle-dizzle
March 22nd, 2006, 00:47
wen i load my rom and then run the rom the screen like gets all weired!! wat do i do??? PSPMONKEY HELP MEEEEE!!!!!!! :(

Vega
March 22nd, 2006, 02:03
*sigh*

sroon
March 30th, 2006, 20:46
*sigh*
They just dont get it eh.

jas0nuk
March 30th, 2006, 21:19
wen i load my rom and then run the rom the screen like gets all weired!! wat do i do??? PSPMONKEY HELP MEEEEE!!!!!!! :(
omg omg omg11!!1!!!

Maybe if you read around a little, you would realise that this is because the emulator is not complete. Your ROM was probably completely incompatible.

sroon
March 30th, 2006, 22:02
omg omg omg11!!1!!!

Maybe if you read around a little, you would realise that this is because the emulator is not complete. Your ROM was probably completely incompatible.
Yahh Duhh!!!

Shilo
April 1st, 2006, 05:19

:eek: Thats big :eek:

DPyro
April 1st, 2006, 05:24
Everyone start posting in the new topic please. Also try to stay on topic! :)