PDA

View Full Version : Sony unveiling UMD-less PSP with slide-out buttons at E3?

wraggster
April 29th, 2009, 19:51
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/04/psp-2-mockup-rm-eng.jpg

Whispers of a new or revised PSP have been growing decidedly louder as of late, and now 1UP's gotten a ton of new details from what it claims are "sources directly involved with the new system" -- our favorite kind of people, actually. Here's what they were told: UMD is out, replaced instead with options for either 8GB or 16GB of built-in flash memory. Also nixed is any hope of a "PSP-4000," with Sony opting instead to use a subtitle. Three rumored names include PSP Slide, PSP Flip, and PSP Go!, the latter of which borrows from Sony's pre-existing Go! brand and suggests there might be a built-in camera à la PSP-3000's Go!Cam peripheral. The same D-pad, analog nub, and face button configuration remains, but they now slide out from the bottom of the unit (see mockup, pictured). Expected launch is September for Japan and late October / early November for US, and coming with 'em are over 100 classic and new downloadable titles including Gran Turismo Mobile as a headliner. Sony's supposedly going official with all this during its E3 press conference in early June, and for now they're opting to give the staple "does not comment on rumors or speculation" response. That's one mighty intriguing rumor -- we can only hope it pans out.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/28/sony-unveiling-umd-less-psp-with-slide-out-buttons-at-e3/

Nokiaman
April 29th, 2009, 19:58
Horrible concept

stanfy86
April 29th, 2009, 20:04
agreed, doesnt have dual analog..... T.T

srsly WTF was $ony thinking when they decided to push FPS' on to the PSP phat/slim/bright

osgeld
April 30th, 2009, 00:35
other than we all know its bull ...

the analog stick is practically on the d pad and theres not 2

and the shoulder buttons on the screen are retarded, whats stopping it from closing down on you while you franticly mash R (and theres not 4 of them)

devdj
April 30th, 2009, 01:22
its more like an artists abortion than an artists rendering of the new psp

darkriku2000
April 30th, 2009, 02:05
Seriously, good concept

Needs a better design and another analog stick, but I'm sure sony is aware of that by now

ICE
April 30th, 2009, 03:44
Why are people commenting on the render?

darkriku2000
April 30th, 2009, 03:48
Because it looks like the artist crapped it out of his dead turtle

Aryn
April 30th, 2009, 09:11
I care little about the mockup...what actual new features or beefed up hardware specs will this new system have?

geise69
April 30th, 2009, 13:25
I bet all my money that "if" there's a new psp in the making that the new features are only going to be cosmetic. It will be a redisign kind of like the DSi. I seriously doubt sony will be making changes to the MIPS processor, extra ram or anything of that nature. Of course I totally hope I'm wrong. :)

Nokiaman
April 30th, 2009, 18:37
Why everyone care so much about second analog stick? I never used it on PS1/PS2 games so why Is it so interesting?

Spyzius
May 1st, 2009, 11:13
this picture is definately fake, just look at keys, they look exactly the same as psp phat, I don't believe they can hide beneath the screeen

Eviltaco64
May 1st, 2009, 22:13
I don't know why they would phase out the UMD drive in the newest PSP revision.

If they're still releasing most PSP games on UMD, then shouldn't the newest of the new be able to play them?

ICE
May 2nd, 2009, 00:12
this picture is definately fake, just look at keys, they look exactly the same as psp phat, I don't believe they can hide beneath the screeen

Its an artist rendering. It is not what the real next psp will look like and no one is saying it is. Someone took what the latest rumor said and made something that fit the bill as an example.

The only reason to say the rendering is bad is if you like judging things that have no importance in any way.

newb_fo_life
May 2nd, 2009, 12:32
yuck.