PDA

View Full Version : Is new Sony handheld called the PSP Go?

Shrygue
April 29th, 2009, 20:19
via MCV (http://www.mcvuk.com/news/34111/Is-new-Sony-handheld-called-the-PSP-Go)

The rumour mill has not been shy of hurling around random speculation relating to Sony’s E3 PSP redesign reveal, but an interesting titbit has emerged regarding Sony’s branding of the new device which, if sources are to be believed, will be called the PSP Go!.

1UP reports that the Go! moniker has beaten off competition from titles such as PSP2, PSP-4000, PSP Slide and PSP Flip. Go! was reportedly chosen as it ties in with Sony’s existing branding for many of its multimedia PSP applications.

The site adds that two SKUs will be released – one with 8GB of built in memory and the other with 16GB. It predicts a Japanese arrival in September and then a North American release by the end of the year.

Also, with the new model ditching UMD support Sony is already working hard on ensuring a downloadable PSP library of 100 titles ready for launch, some of which will be new.

Speculation of the hardware points to a sliding control layout that appears from below the screen, but sadly doesn’t include a second analogue nipple. A touch-screen and built in camera are also possible.

apex05
April 29th, 2009, 20:26
I just hope it has a memory stick slot, not like the Iphone where you run out of memory and you stuffed.

jungletek
April 29th, 2009, 22:49
Lack of a second analogue stick pretty much proves that people in charge at Sony are mentally deficient, and completely out of touch.

Good game, Sony.:confused:

darkriku2000
April 30th, 2009, 02:02
It's a rumor dude, nothing has been confirmed yet

Saracchini
April 30th, 2009, 03:16
Why people still complains about the absense of a second analog ? PSP will never have a second one . Certainly it will be a feature of PSP2 or another new portable console from Sony. There is no sense in break the compatibility with the older series with a new release of same handheld.

darkriku2000
April 30th, 2009, 03:46
Well, I imagine that it would have it's uses in being like the second analog for the ps1, where it can be used as a second square, triangle, circle, and cross, mainly for fps

Saracchini
April 30th, 2009, 06:24
Well, I imagine that it would have it's uses in being like the second analog for the ps1, where it can be used as a second square, triangle, circle, and cross, mainly for fps

I know that. A 2nd analog would be rather useful for many games. What I'm pointing is that people aways complain in a release of a new PSP model that it don't have 2nd analog . It will never happens in PSP, it is too late to do so. Sony obviously will put one in the next generation hand held that will replace PSP... or not ! ( It would be at least.. dumb !)

MillenioX
May 11th, 2009, 23:24
so lf this psp go! turns out to be real. now how will Sony seduce me into buying the umd less psp. hm? no way i can play my umd games on it, to re-buy it in digital form just to play it on the PSP GO! $5 dollars for old psp umd titles sounds like a good plan to seduce me into the digital gaming market.