PDA

View Full Version : Team Typhoon Firmware 5.03 Hen Demo Video

wraggster
April 29th, 2009, 20:46
Team Typhoon have posted a video on youtube of their progress in making Hen (homebrew loader) for firmware 5.03

heres the video

http://www.youtube.com/v/Qn2Z8bYr3tE

wraggster
April 29th, 2009, 20:49
heres link if not showing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn2Z8bYr3tE

Shrygue
April 29th, 2009, 21:05
Interesting, though it would have been good if a homebrew application was launched in it, unless it's not yet got to a stage when it could load one properly. Good work anyway.

Sterist
April 29th, 2009, 21:13
i'd like to see some lighting on the console ;)

optic.ghost
April 29th, 2009, 21:18
I just want the title of that song lol! :D

danknugz
April 30th, 2009, 01:50
zomg a mac address! now i can POWN YOUR SOUL!!!!

just kidding.... i dont know what the big frakin deal is about mac addresses anyway....

NilocTheTrainer
April 30th, 2009, 02:19
zomg a mac address! now i can POWN YOUR SOUL!!!!

just kidding.... i dont know what the big frakin deal is about mac addresses anyway....

It means that the kernal can be accessed I believe

newb_fo_life
April 30th, 2009, 22:02
Ive been out of the psp scene for a while,why cant you use a pandoras battery on it??

Shrygue
April 30th, 2009, 22:49
That's because the newer TA-088 version 3 motherboard blocks the creation and usage of the Pandora battery. It's all part of Sony's efforts to cut piracy on the PSP, especially on the current 3000 model series console.

chuggman
May 1st, 2009, 02:28
That's because the newer TA-088 version 3 motherboard blocks the creation and usage of the Pandora battery. It's all part of Sony's efforts to cut piracy on the PSP, especially on the current 3000 model series console.

Hypothetically the pandora battery should still work on 3000 consoles. The problem is the new hardware requires a key to sign the files to be able to access the flashing of files. This key would be on the memory card I believe. Dark Alex produced a much better explanation with a picture too. search for that. Far as I know the key has not been cracked and might not ever be. Kind of like the DSi key. So the tiff is a loophole around that. However I have not seen whether it was a permanant fix like custom firmware. Or if it must be ran every time you want to run homebrew.

I'm not super worried as I like my PSP Slim and see no reason to purchase new hardware.