PDA

View Full Version : Green Beret DS - Arcade Emulator for DS

wraggster
May 1st, 2009, 18:05
FluBBa (http://www.pocketheaven.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6928) has released his first Emulator for the DS and its of the arcade game Green Beret.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9656/gberetgameplay.png

heres the details:

I've finaly got my thumb out and "finnished up" my first DS emulator
It plays Green Beret and Green Beret alone.
To make it work you have DLDI patch the .nds file first and then create a gberet folder on your card, either in the root of the card or in the data folder in the root. Now put the unzipped rom files in the gberet folder.

I'm very interested in how this works on different cards, or if you can make it work at all. The .nds file is prepatched for DS-X cards.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

LDAsh
May 1st, 2009, 18:50
This would be the same as "Rush'N Attack" which has already featured on the NDS in various other forms. Hopefully this emu will grow to include other titles.

TaN00Ki
May 2nd, 2009, 14:24
WHAT? Only Green Beret??

Just kidding, it's great enough ;)

This isn't "Rush'N Attack, it's Green Beret, and the only other form was a conversion to GBA, this is an actual DS port, get the facts straight.

LDAsh
May 2nd, 2009, 20:59
Green Beret and Rush'N Attack are basically the same game with different titles.

Rush'N Attack is featured in an NDS compilation game, as well as the NES game that is playable.

Green Beret is playable via FrodoDS, also there is I believe an Amstrad version that works on the DS.

crookedmouth
May 22nd, 2009, 23:51
Green Beret and Rush'N Attack are basically the same game with different titles.

Rush'N Attack is featured in an NDS compilation game, as well as the NES game that is playable.

Green Beret is playable via FrodoDS, also there is I believe an Amstrad version that works on the DS.

You kind of sound a bit ungrateful plus you forgot alekmaul's excellent MarcaDS, though he admitted that Flubba's is the best so far.

You can keep playing those those other versions, you don't need to download this at all.

Also this marks Flubba's first port of one of his GBA Emulators to the DS. He has many that will also make their way to the DS. I'm praying for PCEAdvanced.

Anyway there is an update that does Green Beret, Rush'n Attack and Mr. Goeman.

LDAsh
May 23rd, 2009, 05:29
This isn't "Rush'N Attack...get the facts straight."Rush 'N Attack"? What's that? My facts aren't straight, apparently. I can't know what I'm talking about = because I'm not YOU.

You kind of sound a bit ungrateful...I didn't mean to sound ungrateful at all, especially now this does what _hasn't_ already been done before.

crookedmouth
May 23rd, 2009, 07:09
That's just what I mean, you did it again. You seem to judge someone's merit of work by whether it's been done before or can be played in some other iteration. I myself appreciated any effort by coders. Especially if they've done it better then everyone else.

Have you tried it?
It's as good as Konami's commercial effort easily.

Like I said, I hope this marks the beginning of FluBBa's porting to DS from GBA.

This would mean many emulators that play games that you can already play on the DS, so perhaps you shouldn't bother.

Heres Green Beret V0.3
http://www.ndsretro.com/download/GreenBeretDS03Bin.zip

LDAsh
May 23rd, 2009, 07:34
I have yet to say anything bad about this homebrew or its author. Please don't try to stir up trouble. I merely stated a fact and was instantly treated like some obnoxious idiot. Sort of attitude that kills communities, hey.

crookedmouth
May 25th, 2009, 01:39
Don't get bent out of shape, i was merely commenting on your judging this emulator's merit on the fact that you can play it in other iterations on the DS.

I am expressing my opinion that I dislike your "already been done" comments because you still seem ungrateful.

I'm not "stirring up trouble" and I never do. Check my posts by clicking my name. I think you will find only helpful comments with substance.

My attitude is hardly killing any community, as I said check my posts. I tried the emulator before commenting and explained why this isn't "just another" Green Beret emulator. What did you do?

Furthermore I explained the significance of this release and you apparently still don't get what I'm saying.

Who treated you like an idiot? I didn't, I was merely trying to figure out why you would leave that first comment and what it sounded like.

Then your second comment was equally as ungrateful.

I didn't mean to sound ungrateful at all, especially now this does what _hasn't_ already been done before.

The author of this homebrew most likely doesn't come to this news site so I'm not defending him or anything, I'm merely defending homebrew in general.

This "already been done" argument just gets my goat so don't take it personally.

Every piece of homebrew has merit and the significance of this one is great.

Have you tried it yet?