PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Mega Collection Plus News

DCEmu_Newsposter
February 8th, 2005, 17:51
A little off topic but is this collection of older Sega games ported to the PS2/Xbox or have Sega used emulation?[br][br]News from GI.Biz (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6697) [br][br] Sega has proved the strength of its Sonic brand in the UK once again, with retro compilation Sonic Mega Collection Plus debuting at number one and ending Need for Speed Underground 2's record-breaking run in the top spot.[br][br]The PS2 and Xbox compilation, which includes all of the Sonic-themed Mega Drive titles (as found in the GameCube version of the Sonic Mega Collection back in 2003) along with a number of newly converted games, is actually one of two Sonic titles in the UK top ten this week. [br][br]Good news for Sega it seems.

Hawq
February 8th, 2005, 18:41
I think its emulation as the apparant reason given for Sonic CD not being in it is 'its too hard to emulate' odd that as my Xbox has an emu that runs it very nicely

wraggster
February 8th, 2005, 18:48
if it is emulation then you can bet there will be more releases

quzar
February 8th, 2005, 20:18
Unless you can see diferences in the data it is most likely emulation.

Unlike now, back in the day less things were made using SDKs and developers kits, so source code would be near unportable

Darksaviour69
February 9th, 2005, 10:51
yeah, if sonic cd was on it i would have bought in straight away. had all the sonic games for a MD and played them to death, sonic cd is/was the only game i never played that i really wanted to play.

bidding on the pc version on ebay at the min

edit: actuall sega have 3 games in the top 10:

1.Sonic Mega Collection Plus
8:Sonic Heroes
9: Football Manager 2005

Mental2k
February 9th, 2005, 17:52
ride on sega, i concur on sonic cd. gah, will get to play that game eventually.

soccerboi00
February 16th, 2005, 15:10
It has been confirmed that it is emultion, and don't forget, it's for the gamecube too :)