PDA

View Full Version : Do You Even Like Motion Controls?

wraggster
May 2nd, 2009, 21:28
Today I'd like to eat a hamburger. Know why? It's Time for burgers, time for TELL US DAMMIT.

Here's how it works: We ask a question, you answer it. Simple and no strings attached! This isn't some marketing survey or whatever. It's an emotional investment in you. Yes, we're interested in knowing you, reader person.

You probably know oodles about us - more than you even want to, we're sure. But, hey, we'd like to know about you. That way you won't be some faceless blob - and we might feel a tinge of guilt when we ban ya. Or not, because really we're incapable of human emotion.

So, our question is:

Do you even like motion controls?

http://kotaku.com/5236697/do-you-even-like-motion-controls

jacey
May 2nd, 2009, 21:39
yes, sometimes they are necessary lol

apex05
May 2nd, 2009, 22:37
It's good to have the choice.

goshogun1
May 2nd, 2009, 22:48
Sometimes. But I am really hoping that motion+ creates a whole new flood of motion control support. A sword-fighting game etc..

MicroNut
May 3rd, 2009, 10:38
I haven't played a game that makes it better.

RicardoG
May 3rd, 2009, 16:35
The only game that it felt good having these kinds of controls was FOLKLORE for PS3, I was really cool to feel like pulling those monster out!
But it's like I said, so far it's the only game.
Oh! And I used to have a Wii so count that out too.

ojdon
May 3rd, 2009, 16:41
I don't like the current motion control setup, it's either too sensitive or too unresponsive depending on the game. There is no decent game out there that has used the technology effectively... It's just sort of there for the sake of it.

It's a gimmick, hopefully it will only last a generation.

Justise
May 4th, 2009, 08:38
PS3s motion sensor is horible.
Wii's motion controler has some potentian, but its sistem is very weak compared to the other 2 power houses, And many wii games tent to forget that they don't actualy need motion controlls. Also i prefear to play my games on my bed without moving around like an idiot.

The answer is NO!

beetroot bertie
May 4th, 2009, 11:49
I like the idea of motion controls very much and the concept of reasonably accurate reproduction of things like golf and tennis (and sword) swings but I've yet to see or play anything that really works that well yet. Certainly games like House of the Dead and Samba De Amigo wouldn't be half as good without the gun or maracas (which I class as motion controls in this case).

That said, I don't like games that involve much pointing of the wiimote at the screen. My hand gets restless and wants to move more than it needs to.

I think it will take time and a bit more creativity before it really gets the most made of it but look forward to seeing how the more adventurous developers might use it in interesting and novel ways that generally work with the game rather than feeling tacked on because they have to.

hollowuk
May 4th, 2009, 13:10
Not at all, I bought the Wii like a good Nintendo fan, I was sure I'd get another generation of classic gaming. What I got was (bar mario galaxy, while even that suffered from some very unNintendo inconsistancies, falling off/not falling off???)
the wave your hands around like a twat generation. I've since got rid of the POS and got a 360 which I'm enjoying lots (fallout 3 hmmm). Im 33 btw and not even my kids liked the Wii, my little lad loved 64 and Sunshine, he wouldnt even play Galaxy.

I love pads.

bagmouse7
May 4th, 2009, 18:17
If you are under 12 years old, or over 60 then you love them.
For everyone else they are just a marketing tool.

The worst I have seen is when they try to force you to use them in PS3 games.
Thanks, but no thanks.

Triv1um
May 4th, 2009, 23:19
The concept of motion control interests me, however no games have hit the spot for me.

It all seems gimmic'y.

jamotto
May 5th, 2009, 00:38
The PS3 has a few titles that use motion controls well, but to make them mandatory is a bad idea they should always be optional.

Shadowblind
May 5th, 2009, 02:21
Not really, no. At least, I haven't seen it implemented very well in any games yet. So maybe, I just won't know until something that uses it GOOD is released.

havoc_012
May 5th, 2009, 06:52
I like traditional controls for the most part, but some games like No More Heroes wouldn't feel right without motion control. Smart implementation of the controls is the key.

fpcreator2000
May 5th, 2009, 17:06
With the exception of Wii Sport when it first came out, I've found motion sensing controls useless.

Gave the Wii to my sister. Copped me a 360 and I haven't gone back since.