PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Playing This Weekend?

wraggster
May 2nd, 2009, 21:31
My backlog is either impressive or pathetic, depending on your point of view. The number of marquee, triple-A releases that have gone largely untouched (or even unwrapped) may stagger you, dear reader.

Games like Gears of War 2, Call of Duty 4, Resident Evil 5, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and BioShock have remained unfinished or almost totally unplayed by me. Sure, others have enjoyed their company and save files exist on my consoles for these games, but they're a handful of titles that are a blight on my video gaming career.

Shameful, really, considering my deep knowledge and familiarity with this generation's forgettables, like Haze and Too Human.

So I'll play at least one of these modern day classics this weekend, I just won't commit to one. Something must be done to rectify my ignorance of these much beloved games. Maybe I need a week off. For research.

What are you playing this weekend? Any neglected library titles that desperately need some attention?

http://kotaku.com/5236130/what-are-you-playing-this-weekend

Shrygue
May 2nd, 2009, 21:41
I'm going to play a copy of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed that I borrowed off someone at work in exchange for Devil May Cry 4, see how good the game is. Might also play some more of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon as well.

FireStag
May 2nd, 2009, 22:12
I finally put FFIX on my psp, to my knowledge that's the only Final Fantasy I haven't played yet other than FFXII so... gotta get on that.

bosanova_x
May 2nd, 2009, 22:29
ive been playing......

street fighter 4 (xbox 360)

castlevania 3 draculas curse (VC wii)

mario galaxy (wii)

magaman 6 complete works (psxpsp)

marvel VS capcom 2 demo (ps3)

out run HD (xbox 360)

its been a fun filled day, must get out tomorrow though.

mike_jmg
May 2nd, 2009, 22:29
I'm kinda on the same boat, I have many AAA titles I still haven't finished including some of the ones you mentioned wraggy. (Gears of war 2, Resident Evil 5, The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Silent Hill Homecoming, Resistance Retribution)

I was playing RE5, but I got stuck, then started Gears of War 2, now I think I'm almost at the end, I also left Resistance Retribution unfinished, ages ago.

Silent Hill Homecoming remains untouched and on Zelda Twilight Princess I just started the game and got a wooden sword but the game has been laying around my room for over a month now. I really can't put myself to the task, don't really know where to start.

I think I'll stick with Gears 2, as what I really wanted to play was a good shooter, then maybe RE5 and finally Twilight Princess

wraggster
May 2nd, 2009, 22:40
roller coaster tycoon 3 i brought this weekend,im gonna build some great theme parks :)

apex05
May 2nd, 2009, 22:42
Just finished Resistance Retribution and i'm about to get back into crisis core.

jamotto
May 3rd, 2009, 01:39
Going to play Overlord Raising Hell that I picked up for $10.

ICE
May 3rd, 2009, 02:51
Just finished Resistance Retribution and i'm about to get back into crisis core.

That reminds me that I never got past the first level of Resistance lol. That being said I will not be playing that game, I will instead being smashing people on UT3.

Sketchy
May 3rd, 2009, 11:52
Ive played Xmen Origins: Wolverine, Saints row 2 DLC, and im gonna return 2 Dead Space on Impossible mode!

devdj
May 3rd, 2009, 16:28
well as i wait for Operation Flashpoint 2,ARMA 2 and Battlefield 1943 i'm playing some cod waw and Gundam Musou 2 i love to play as big giant mechs although i wish they had just added in some more mobile suits from gundam wing into it like the rest of the gundams and the likes of leos,taurus,Aries,Vayeate,Mercurius,Virgo,Serpent and Maganac mobile suits then it would have been a more complete game.

ojdon
May 3rd, 2009, 16:32
If I have the time, I'm going to fit in a few matches on COD4.

goshogun1
May 3rd, 2009, 18:06
Finally getting around to playing Shadow Of the Colossus more. Killed 11 so far. Might be one of my top 10 games ever.

Also playing the brand new Breath of Fire 2 translation that just came out a few days ago. Thank god for coherent English!