PDA

View Full Version : NesterJ for PSP Ver 1.10 (Nes Emu for PSP)

wraggster
March 12th, 2006, 15:06
Ruka (http://rukapsp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/PSPSoftware/NesterJ.htm) has released a new version of his Nes emulator for the PSP, heres whats new:

GPU support(coded by "e") and processing improvements.
FDS audio changed processing method.(same as NSFplug)
Refresh menu(uoSnes9X like)
Use the left direction of ANALOG STICK to enter the menu.
Selectable default palette (graphics part).NesterJ or Nintendulator.
Low battery announce.
New support NSF file.
And other minor changes...

Download via comments and give feedback

StealthCP
March 12th, 2006, 16:35
w00t

This is excellent news. They could do with proper PAL support though, then I'll be able to play my Elite!!

creoleplane
March 12th, 2006, 17:21
Sweet, finally a portabl nsf sound player. Now I can finally walk to all my fave 8 bit midi loops, thank you.

pkmusicmaker
March 12th, 2006, 17:58
It's really nice to see this emulator come back to life. I didn't think the day would come, so thank you verrrry much. I look forward to future updates.

wazzal7
March 12th, 2006, 18:07
thank you! been waiting for an update.

frmariam
March 12th, 2006, 19:10
I can't seem to get it working on my 2.0 though...

Beta 1 worked
Beta 2 didn't (I think it said something about no default config found)
Beta 3 worked
Final release doesn't (again the config past...)

Does any 2.0 tif exploit user confirm this (there are compatibility diffreces between tif and GTA eLoader...) Can someone upload the config generated by NesterJ?

Thanks in advance :)

Joe88
March 12th, 2006, 22:28
Any news on this release fixing the bubble bobble glitch ?

pspfan
March 12th, 2006, 22:46
Nice. *crossing fingers for a wifi release*

pkmaximum
March 12th, 2006, 23:08
Ya i agree I would really want wifi to be implemented in this emulator. To me the emulator is already perfect. Ad hoc support and maybe even infastrucutre support for this emulator would be pretty cool i would like to play with my friends on super mario. It would just be a fun thing to do.

Voltron
March 13th, 2006, 00:41
Yes, it seems there is a "teaser" in this new build. You can't select it but the option of wifi adhoc is visible on the menu. Hope this is a hint of things to come.

GPU FUll Screen creates an ugly border on the left but GPU Full Cropped seems to take care of that.

Great work. Very happy to see this EMU being continued.

bullhead
March 13th, 2006, 00:53
i have nesterj and it works well but the old games just dont appeal to me as much as they used to. i really hope the guy at grandtheftendo.com gets his GTA port for the nintendo completed.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
March 13th, 2006, 12:43
Nice dude thxs !!! anyone know if castaway the ST emu is discontinued any feed back apreciated !!

Sharpy
March 13th, 2006, 12:53
perfect nes emulation and portable nsf player, fantastic release, thanks Ruka

Dragan
March 13th, 2006, 16:15
Ruka (http://rukapsp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/PSPSoftware/NesterJ.htm)
Low battery announce.

Download via comments and give feedback

Whats this stand for?

urherenow
March 13th, 2006, 16:20
Holy crap! I almost made a comment about this emulator NOT being perfect (even though I did think it was great anyway) because it couldn't even run Zelda 2. Just to double check myself, I tried my rom in a few different emulators on the PC. In an old version of rockness, it works fine (although slow on my x2 4800+!!!!) and on smyness it works perfect... but on another one, I got a bad opcode error, then another one... bad header! Wouldn't you know it? I just got a good dump of it and it works a treat!

Are there ANY 'good' roms that don't work with this? Maybe it IS perfect!!

Crap... now I gotta rebuild my NES collection from scratch to make sure all of my dumps are good :/

TRi
March 14th, 2006, 05:43
Someone help me get start, im new to this, can someone give me an installation guide or a setup guide..
thanks in advance

killurparents
March 14th, 2006, 08:10
Having problems with:

Jackal
Gyruss
Skate or Die
Side Pocket

..These won't even start for me, and I've tried downloading new roms for each one... Anyone else having problems?

urherenow
March 14th, 2006, 14:32
Someone help me get start, im new to this, can someone give me an installation guide or a setup guide..
thanks in advance

There are many tutorials already in these forums. The first thing we need to know before helping you is : What firmware revision do you have?

FW 1.5 -> You need to use KXploit on the .pbp file first KXploit end up making 2 directories in (Eg. c:\psp\game\....) NesterJ (if that's what you call your directory) and Nesterj% The other files in the .rar go in the folder without a %. All other firmwares just make a folder x:\psp\game\NesterJ in your PSP memory card and extract the files there. Don't delete the corrupted data icon on a 1.5 there are ways to get rid of it but you can find out how later...

on 1.0 and 1.5 just run the eboot and you'l be able to figure it out from there. on 2.0 you'll need the 2.0 eloader and on 2.1+, you'll need a real GTA UMD and run the eloader for it...

syrusch
March 14th, 2006, 15:46
Hi guys. Do y ou have trouble with Autofire function too? Cos for me, it does'n work. I have tried Double Dragon 2 and have no support for auto.

urherenow
March 15th, 2006, 16:16
Having problems with:

Jackal
Gyruss
Skate or Die
Side Pocket

..These won't even start for me, and I've tried downloading new roms for each one... Anyone else having problems?

Yes they work fine :) You'd be surprised at just how many dumps of each one there are... lots of b1, b2, o1, o2, etc...

for example... you want to find gyruss (u).nes there are other dumps that are Gyruss (u) [b1].nes and so forth that may not work, as was my case with megaman1 and zelda 2.