PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Going After Sites With Loaders On ?

wraggster
May 2nd, 2009, 22:58
Ive been way too busy lately with real life stuff some of it i could do without but i was given a heads up by a contact close to Nintendo that they were going after sites who hosted the Loaders and other apps that in Nintendos view are purely tools for piracy.

Recently i noticed that at least one of the sites who posted every loader release has now took them off, most likely a cease and disist (crap spelling), i wonder how many other sites have recieved the same notices.

Are Nintendo going after other big sites who post loaders etc, time will surely tell us.

someperson_12345
May 3rd, 2009, 03:33
OMG OMG DCEmu has FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER Original Content !!!!
This is a great day in the history of this site. :thumbup:

Seriously though, Nintendo should go after the large sites hosting loaders (It doesn't matter if it's strictly illegal - a cease and desist will likely scare the webmasters of the site). It's important to keep in mind that it IS impossible to censor anything completely.

Send enough take down requests to regular ISP's, then the majority people will start using FTP (ala Xbox) and/or torrents (and later, if it was a HUGE demand and it is very illegal leads to tunneling torrents to http and topsites and all that crap).

Nintendo's aim would be to reduce the amount of people using backup loaders as MUCH as possible, with as little money expended (obviously). I guess they are aiming at the casual pirate, the one who pirates if it is easy to do - these sorts of measures reduces those people substantially.

Keep in mind that Nintendo sending cease and desists to sites hosting the LOADERS is just a rumour. The of course have a right to do protect their intellectual property and the obligation to keep themselves profitable - that means reducing piracy. Scare campaigns can do that well (and without wasting money on too many lawyers.

But - wow DCEmu, wow. Original content.

newbie420
May 3rd, 2009, 03:44
are you guys talking about roms?

chuggman
May 3rd, 2009, 05:58
There are two main types of loaders.
Burned Backup Disk Loaders and USB HDD/Flash Drive/SD(HC) Loaders.
The first will allow you to load a DVD burned backup game on the wii.
The second will allow you to load the game via a storage device like a usb hard drive or the other devices I listed. This means you don't need any dvd to run the game it will run off the device the game is put on. (compatibility is not guaranteed)

These loaders are different from modchips because they are software based and do not require any screws from being removed from the wii.
Modchips are hardware based (compatibility is not guaranteed with modchips either).

Wii games are stored as a "iso" file or a "wad". iso files are wii games like the ones at the store. You can make them yourself using software tools on the wii and or special dvd drive on computer.
Using special tools for the wii you can make wad files too. They are backups of channels on the wii that you download. namely virtual console games and wiiware games.

I won't get into how to do this but will warn you of the dangers of not being particularly meticulous on reading up before doing.

1. Any type of modification to your original wii will make your warranty worthless. And if nintendo finds that you modified your wii if you send it in to them to get fixed; they may charge more.
2. Some things can be fixed if you mess up. Though they may require purchase of additional items.
3. MOST IMPORTANT Some things have not been able to be fixed even with purchase of additional tools.
4. Look up wii bricked for more information on a broken wii.
5. As usual Loaders and modchips can be used for backups but can also be used to steal or pirate games.

Hope I answered your questions... but if not google is your friend.

djdynamite123
May 3rd, 2009, 08:12
Modchips are hardware based (compatibility is not guaranteed with modchips either).
i would say 100% no less.

mcdougall57
May 3rd, 2009, 16:37
i would say 100% no less.

Pretty much yeah.

kaferenza
May 4th, 2009, 05:07
This is a Nintendo Sandwich. It is made of FAIL and AIDS.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
May 4th, 2009, 08:05
The same time TEHSKEEN stopped hosting them Wani's site mysteriously went down as well...

djdynamite123
May 4th, 2009, 12:17
I'm sure this is utter bollox, if not then gbatemps still going strong :D Every thread has a link to a loader:D