PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario War 1.01

MetaFox
February 13th, 2005, 05:22
GPF (http://www.storm-studios.net/gpf/) has released a port of the deathmatch game, Super Mario Wars. The goal is to stomp as many other Marios as possible. It is a tribute to Mario War by Samuele Poletti. The Dreamcast port is based on Super Mario War 1.01(XBox V1.1) by Florian Hufsky.

Christuserloeser
February 13th, 2005, 05:47
Hell how cool's that? A Mario game for DC*;D

GPF
February 13th, 2005, 06:00
yeah its pretty fun, 4 player controller support.

Thanks to DCSteve for finding the source and for making the bootable images.

Troy

Eric
February 13th, 2005, 07:39
I am glad this finally been to be ported it was requested in the past but unable to be coded good work GPF and i would also like to thank DCsteve for the images of this wonderful game

wraggster
February 13th, 2005, 09:44
very sweet :)

Imerion
February 13th, 2005, 14:30
Yep! Really neat port!

WHurricane16
February 13th, 2005, 15:49
Hell how cool's that? A Mario game for DC*;D

This is actually the third version of this game that has been ported. *I haven't played this version so I'm going to check it out now.

I actually have a network example of an older version on my forums somewhere. *The network code is primitive because it doesn't send packets, just a byte.
Now that SDL Net is a part of KOS (wow I've been away for a long time) it would be cool if someone would make it a network game (*cough* GPF) but I don't know network games are worth it because of the fact we still can't use the modem....unless I missed something there too LOL

GPF
February 13th, 2005, 22:43
This is actually the third version of this game that has been ported. *I haven't played this version so I'm going to check it out now.

I actually have a network example of an older version on my forums somewhere. *The network code is primitive because it doesn't send packets, just a byte.
Now that SDL Net is a part of KOS (wow I've been away for a long time) it would be cool if someone would make it a network game (*cough* GPF) but I don't know network games are worth it because of the fact we still can't use the modem....unless I missed something there too LOL

Where is SDL_net? Its not in the latest svn snapshot that I can find. Ill check on the forums and see if I can find it.

Troy

quzar
February 13th, 2005, 22:53
I was about to say... where's SDL_net?

MetaFox
February 13th, 2005, 23:15
SDL_net was in the KOS 1.3.x build that I grabbed from you, Troy. :P

I think you need to take a bit of a break, and get some rest. ;)

GPF
February 14th, 2005, 00:26
SDL_net was in the KOS 1.3.x build that I grabbed from you, *Troy. :P

I think you need to take a bit of a break, and get some rest. ;)

oh yeah, that not a working SDL_net, i just hacked it together for some port i was doing so i wouldnt have to comment out all the SDL_net code, it doesnt actually work that I know of :)

Troy

WHurricane16
February 14th, 2005, 03:09
ah, now you tell me LOL

Imerion
February 14th, 2005, 13:38
I tried to burn the nero-image of this game but it does not seem to work. It shows the Sega-logo and then the screen goes black and stays like that. Any ideas?

GPF
February 14th, 2005, 13:53
sorry, i haven't tested the images, they were provided for me. Has anyone successfully used the images that could provide help? or should I remove the images?

You can also download the scrambled bin and self-boot it with the method that works for you.

Thanks,
Troy

Christuserloeser
February 14th, 2005, 22:57
I couldn't get the bin to work for now :'(

GPF
February 15th, 2005, 01:20
well the DJ image was verified to work when burned with Alcohol on an ntsc dreamcast using tv.

Are those having prolems on PAL? Trying to figure out why it is not working for some , yet working for others.

Thanks,
Troy

Christuserloeser
February 15th, 2005, 01:34
I'm gonna try the DiscJuggler image with the DCs that I can get access to. I created an SBI maybe I did something wrong...!?

dcsteve
February 15th, 2005, 03:15
The nero and dj images do not work, i sent gpf the incorrect files. They did not work because i believe they dont contain all the nessesary files. Meanwhile, the plain files DO WORK. I downloaded the DJ image from gpf' s site which i sent him, and i burnt the correct one i had on my pc, and not the one on his site, by accident.
Cless has created a new and working dj image, and i have uploaded it for him
here=- http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/SMWdj.rar

Here is the working Nero image=- http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/smwnero.zip

i apologize for any inconvience

GPF
February 15th, 2005, 04:00
The nero and dj images do not work, i sent gpf the incorrect files. They did not work because i believe they dont contain all the nessesary files. Meanwhile, the plain files DO WORK. I downloaded the DJ image from gpf' s site which i sent him, and i burnt the correct one i had on my pc, and not the one on his site, by accident.
Cless has created a new and working dj image, and i have uploaded it for him
here=- http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/SMWdj.rar

Here is the working Nero image=- http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/smwnero.zip

i apologize for any inconvience

I have also update the images on my site, and im sure as soon as someone gets a chance they'll be updated on dcemu as well.

Again Sorry for the inconvience and thanks to Cless and Steve for finding and fixing the problem.

Troy

wraggster
February 15th, 2005, 07:41
shoot ill have to update my page later

curt_grymala
February 15th, 2005, 22:56
I uploaded m@jk's SBI to Sbiffy! today.

Has anybody tested it to make sure it works?