PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Next Call of Duty possibly set in Vietnam

wraggster
May 4th, 2009, 01:00
Treyarch's Noah Heller mentioned shortly before the release of Call of Duty: World at War that the developer was probably going to lay off World War II for a while, leaving many to wonder what the stage of operations for the next CoD would be. If a report from That VideoGame Blog proves accurate, Activision may be taking the franchise to a much groovier era -- the 1960s. (Anno Domini, that is -- though who are we to assume 1960 B.C. wasn't equally groovy?)

TVGB is reporting that an anonymous, "trusted" source informed them Activision's been looking to license "Vietnam War era tunes, as well as Cuban, African, and Soviet Union music." The source mentioned that Heller (and, assumedly, Treyarch) is involved in the aforementioned license hunting. As with all rumors spawned by anonymous tipsters, we encourage you to take this rumor with a two-ton boulder of salt -- just to be safe, we've contacted Activision for a comment.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/03/rumor-next-call-of-duty-possibly-set-in-vietnam/

devdj
May 4th, 2009, 13:13
as long as its 100 times better than that shellshock 2 crap then i'll buy it and hope they bring back more vehicles in multiplayer like what they had with cod3 they had two different types of tanks a jeep with two passengers one in front and the other on the mg and they had that motobike sidecar which i just loved so hopefully they will be something simaler otherwise i'm going go postal or chuck norris on Treyarchs ass.

newb_fo_life
May 4th, 2009, 17:47
No it wont be set in vietnam,Well I hope not.

XDelusion
May 4th, 2009, 19:11
Call of doody...

...why would I want to re-live and unjust war anyhow? They should do a more historic war next, like pre-20th century before wars were just corporate take overs.

jamotto
May 4th, 2009, 21:48
They should do a more historic war next, like pre-20th century before wars were just corporate take overs.

You would have to go farther back than that pre 16th century at least.