PDA

View Full Version : psp flash downloads

bullhead
March 12th, 2006, 21:58
it is possible to download flash videos directly to the psp from newgrounds.com/psp. the psp section is in early development but you need to check out salad fingers.

Privateer
March 12th, 2006, 23:41
The PSP movies provided on Newgrounds are in a PSP-compatible MPEG-4 format (.MP4). They are not true Flash Player files (.swf), so their visuals will not be vector and they won't be interactive in any way.

I know Flash very well, and have owned two different versions over the past two years (5 and 8), so once we get the completed Flashplayer totally done for PSP, I'll be one of the first to be spewing stuff out that'll work with PSPFlashplayer's syntax. ;]

Once Flashplayer is fully ready on PSP, you won't be able to get Flash Player files from Newgrounds, because they now have an anti-bandwidth-stealing system up that makes it so when you download an SWF from them it'll just link you to NG.

Eventually, when Flash Player is fully operational for the PSP, you will be able to use SWF's, and the easiest way to get them is this:
1. Go to a site with Flash movies like albinoblacksheep.com or flashplayer.com.
2. Open a page that has a Flash movie in it.
3. File>Save Page As... (Ctrl+S in Firefox) and save it to your desktop.
4. Go to your desktop and look for a folder with the name of the page you just saved and within the folder, there should be an .swf file of the Flash movie that was on the page.

bullhead
March 13th, 2006, 00:16
no but the videos are already in the psp format m4v.xxxx.mp4 so they can be downloaded directly using the psp save link target button in the psp browser.

bullhead
March 13th, 2006, 00:18
oh sorry i get it now. im not all that familiar with flash.

StealthCP
March 13th, 2006, 14:51
lol.

bullhead
March 13th, 2006, 15:48
im a moron!