PDA

View Full Version : zelda? Final Fantasy? (open source)

P_O_M
March 13th, 2006, 01:13
Just browsing sourceforge and saw these:

http://zfotw.sourceforge.net/screenshots.htm

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=147411&package_id=163036&release_id=354970

You reckon it can be done?

nmkrapper
March 13th, 2006, 13:59
Hey i did'nt know there's an open-source Zelda game.
I'm sure it's possible to be ported on PSP.
The only thing i don't know if this Zelda games requires high technical specifications.
Please somebody check this out.
It's a cool idea to port Zelda on PSP. The source is free to public

P_O_M
March 13th, 2006, 19:08
Hell yea! And the Zelda is a 3d one to!

nmkrapper
March 14th, 2006, 13:59
please someone who know should help us

Prodigy_of_Pinhead
March 17th, 2006, 14:44
Hell yeah! This looks just like the N64 Zelda's.

Hawkeyefile
March 20th, 2006, 21:39
its an alpha guys it might be best if we wait for them to fix the bugs out.

KenshinKajima
March 21st, 2006, 15:18
sorry guys, but the last time that site was updated was november last year. .. . tahts a bad thing.

HardHat
May 3rd, 2006, 00:56
The Zelda code is pretty light weight to port. The tricky part is porting the game engine that it is built on (Irrlicht). If someone did port Irrlicht there'd be several dozen easy to port 3D games. Ogre would probably be an easier game engine to port. But neither are impossible since the PSP has such a powerful GU. Texture memory could be an issue though for recent games (the GU supports at most 512x512 textures).

On the other hand, the Final Dream (second link) game is a perfect candidate to port. It might even be an easy port to 1.5 using OpenGL and kernel mode. But it also looks quite suitable to do a native port. It is built on it's own game engine coded by one programmer. And it is quite complete. I don't have 1.5 PSP just now, so I'm not the one to do it. But maybe someone will try.

Wally
May 3rd, 2006, 04:41
or you could wait for the N64 emulator to work properly :)

jman420
May 3rd, 2006, 12:53
hey hawkeye, you got your MAC address on there, someone could hack your psp (if they are as smart as me :P)

anyway, hellz yea! someone should totaly port somthing like this to PSP, and have me work with them to upgrade the grafx!!

it would make for an excelent homebrew video game if it could even surpass the quality of the wonderswan game of FF1... :D

the thing about Zelda, is you have nintendo's trademark and copyright infrigment for the title name being "Zelda", easily changible to "The Legend of Zelnorm" or something compleetly different then zelda :P

(a lot of people probobly think I'ma moron for spelling graphics "Grafx" but the people that still play Y's book 1 & 2 on their turbo duo should understand the relevence to the spelling :P)

cloud_952
May 3rd, 2006, 17:13
O_o A MAC address in no way is a way into a PSP, especially because you have no idea what the PSP's IP even is. =p Good luck finding the thing in the first place. And even if one were to FIND the PSP, access it, and apparently perform magic with the MAC (which I have no idea what you'd do), there's no known way of accessing the PSP and actually modifying the system through wifi.

So.. no, you can't hack that guy's PSP. ^_- And you can take that to the bank.

Onto the topic at hand.. has anyone actually looked at what Final Dreams is? He says it's like Final Fantasy, but from what I saw when I downloaded it and looked at screenshots, it's a very, very rudamentary and basic game. It doesn't even look any good. I'm sure someone would be just as well off to start their own engine.

jman420
May 3rd, 2006, 21:02
accualy, you can find the IP address of the intire network by pinging the mac address, its a difficult process, but it is possible.. from that then I have an IP address, and from that I could access the intire network..

if you've ever called comcast with a high speed cable net issue, they can track your MAC address all the way to your house address.. its just like an IP address, if you know what it is, you can learn what the systems are on the same line..

I do appoligse for going off topic, and I realy have nothing else to say on the topic at hand, but I felt like its my duty to warn people that have their MAC addresses on a forum, its not totaly safe, especialy since there is a lot of true programmers, and coders on here..

and also to inform people that dont know anything about networking that it could totaly be possible to hack a computer that didnt have a firewall, (and a psp doesent)
and even the computers that do have firewalls, its not hard to move around them lol :D

and no, I myself am not a hacker, so all are safe..
however I pride myself on knowledge, and learned how to do these kind of things

robotdevil
May 4th, 2006, 21:03
True....almost. You can't just ping a mac address. When you send the ping request to the mac address if the router your sending it to has no table of what port that address is on then it'll never reach it's destination. And comcast can see the modem by the mac address because they are on the same network, they know your house number because your mac address is associated with your account. Secondly, while comcast can see the modem they can't see behind it because most people have a NAT router. The NAT router makes requests on behalf of the computer, it stores the mac address (and it's associated port) and passes it on to the public IP (the IP of the modem). If someone were to find that IP there's very little they could do with it, the NAT router will not and cannot forward information it was not expecting. It's just how they work. If you look at your IP if your on a router it will be defaulted to 192.168.1.x or on some newer routers 192.168.15.x (if you have a Linksys it will be 192.168.1.101 on the first computer and up to 192.168.1.149, netgear will be 192.168.1.2 for most of their routers). Go ahead and check, I'll wait.........See, now you get it. Just because you have the mac you can't get into their PSP. And even if you could trace it back to them (say you were on the same comcast node for example) to have their PSP on the network would require a wireless router, all routers are NAT routers, and therefore the PSP's IP would be a private address (192.168.1.x) and CANNOT be touched by the outside world unless the router expects the packet. And most firewalls are VERY difficult to get around. They simply ignore packets they aren't expecting.

Anyway, just wanted to clarify that. It's part of my job to understand these things, I setup networks all day :)

jman420
May 4th, 2006, 21:20
well you can say that, but I still say that its possible to find out the mac address of a computer on a network iregardless of if its on a NAT router, its still possible to get to the MAC address by communicating with it...

your right about pinging, I simply said that so other people would at least somewhat understand.

and P.S. get yer arse on icq foo!

Harshboy
May 6th, 2006, 17:25
Wait, so you can't download this game and play it on your PC? It's just source code?