PDA

View Full Version : Crabclaw Map Editor Screenshots

MetaFox
January 1st, 1970, 01:00
BlueCrab (http://www.ljsdcdev.net/screenshots.php) posted some screenshots of a map editor he is working on for his upcoming ljsdcdev RPG creation engine. There is a screenshot of the editor, and two screenshots of the map creation wizard for you to feast your eyes upon. This will certainly be a handy tool and an asset for the Dreamcast and PC communities when it is released.

[Modified 02/09/05 21:30:46 by MetaFox]

WHurricane16
February 12th, 2005, 07:44
This project (and his others) are maturing nicely since they are all tied into one another. *This is definitely a tool to keep an eye on if you are interested in creating 2d games, which I certainly am :D

NOTE- Regarding the ljsdcdevRPG, hawke is a tremendous sprite artist:

http://www.ljsdcdev.net/art.php

Eric
February 12th, 2005, 08:47
hey that looks good and those characters are they going to be in a game being created for the dreamcast?

BlueCrab
February 12th, 2005, 19:40
Thanks for your support everyone :)

Anyway, eventually, Crabclaw Map Editor will allow someone to take the ljsdcdev Engine, and make their own game. Right now, however, it's in its beginning stages.

Also, about those characters, they're likely going to be used for DCRPG, Hawke is working on a new set for ljsdcdev ;D

obelisk
February 12th, 2005, 19:54
so, lemme get this straight, with the crabclaw editor, we'll not only be able to do custom rpg stuff, but other stuff, like 2-d stuff? WooHoo. wow, i'll have to rent a brain to figure out how to run it, i guess, will it be that difficult to learn, or is it too early to say? anyways, thanks to BlueCrab n hawke, n frendz.

BlueCrab
February 13th, 2005, 04:43
With the Crabclaw map editor on its own, you'll be able to make maps that'll run on ljsdcdev. With a little scripting (in a custom Lua dialect), you'll be able to do just about anything with the engine :)

Christuserloeser
February 13th, 2005, 07:12
Awesome. :o

Eric
February 13th, 2005, 09:09
Thats wicked now another way of making SNES type graphical games that will run fullspeed on the DC