PDA

View Full Version : King of Fighters XII Home Version Detailed

wraggster
May 5th, 2009, 01:01
Ignition and SNK Playmore haven't been too forthcoming with details on their upcoming home versions of King of Fighters XII. Thankfully, a Japanese retailer came through with some valuable bits of info this past week.

According to the retail listing, the home versions of KOFXII will feature two types of control schemes to match player level, an art gallery, and other bonus modes. The game will also feature over 22 characters, at least two of which are said to be hidden. It's unclear if this means we'll be getting new additions for the home.

Network play is also being planned for the home. Players will be able to create lobbies, where they'll line up for matches. While waiting, members can take part in chat and view the currently running match. This is all designed to replicate the feel of being in an arcade. The game will also offer clan support, allowing players to form clans for member-only fights.

The retailer lists the Japanese version of KOFXII for July 16, which means a near simultaneous worldwide release for the game.

We'll of course be on the hunt for details of a more official variety once Ignition and SNK Playmore start talking.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/979/979158p1.html

Justise
May 5th, 2009, 09:08
I cann't wait for this game! After all this time, KOF finaly improved their engine.

BTW, can DCemu please fix the site so i can visit it from my home PC. PCs on the university are a little depresing.