PDA

View Full Version : Capcom preparing to release between 20 and 40 PS1 and PSP titles via PSN

wraggster
May 5th, 2009, 01:37
Capcom is going to make its PlayStation Network presence a lot more robust as it begins releasing ports of PS1 titles and providing downloadable versions of previous PSP titles throughout the year. We spoke with Capcom's Chris Kramer, who let us know that the company would be listening to what the community wants and figuring out internally what titles to release -- but don't expect any of them to involve licensing shenanigans along the lines of Marvel vs. Capcom.

"We'll definitely be looking at a lot of titles that have things like Street Fighter and Resident Evil in the title," Kramer said. "We're thinking about putting together a long list of the titles we're looking at, and then releasing it on Capcom Unity and having people vote on them. Ultimately we're looking at bringing between 20 and 40 titles to the PSN over the next several months."

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/04/capcom-preparing-to-release-between-20-and-40-ps1-and-psp-titles/

Justise
May 5th, 2009, 09:12
I hate digital tittles, unless they are free... I would gladly give 20 more euros to have the tittle been delivered to me in a CD in a case.

chuggman
May 5th, 2009, 18:52
I don't really like digital titles either. But if they are selling the titles for 5$ each I can see why they don't want to make a disk even when there are a few people who would pay 25$ for it with a disk. Still though I don't think I'll be going for any titles digitally that cost 15$ or more.

I've always thought it was a little funny that they didn't pull out there greatest hits section of PSX games and sell them all online digitally or sell them in dualbundles of a set of a PSX disk and UMD. Sell them for like 10-15$ so that people can play the game on either system without having to use the download station or internet.

Justise
May 6th, 2009, 07:39
They are already porting old PS1 games to PSP as "remakes". There are a few good ports among them but most of them are shits with garnish to make them look important. Good example is FFtacticks were the PSP version has videos, classes, and text fixs added, yet the game suffers from insane slowdowns compared to its PS1 release (everything goes in half speed).