PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360's Big E3 Trick

wraggster
May 5th, 2009, 18:48
Engadget is carrying a rumor from "someone who purports to be in the know" about Microsoft's really big E3 reveal. It's an all-body motion-sensor controller which picks up large movements (kicking, swinging etc.) as well as smaller hand movements like pinching. If such a thing were to work (Engadget's tipster has "no idea" how it works), it could mark the end of controllers in certain games. (Certainly annoying custom controllers in trivia games, for example.)

Obviously, Sony and Microsoft are still hopping mad about being wrong-footed by Nintendo with the Wii Remote, and have been looking for a way to 'disrupt' the competition via game-control ever since.

For non-hardcore games, this would seem to be a way forward, breaking through the much-daunted complex-controller barrier that keeps certain demographics wary of Xbox 360; while they are perfectly happy to jape around in front of a Wii. I think this sounds pretty damn cool.

http://www.gamebizblog.com/gamebizblog/2009/05/xbox-360s-big-e3-trick.html

Darksaviour69
May 6th, 2009, 03:01
I heard this somewhere else too. Cool if true (and it works), but I would not be surprised if its all bull.