PDA

View Full Version : SonyXteaM isn't dead !

wraggster
March 13th, 2006, 23:21
This will no doubt stir some conversation but there are some valid points and some details i didnt know but in all a half decent read about the PSP Scene, heres the article from SonyXteaM (http://www.sonyxteam.com/) :

<blockquote>Long time no see :) Yoshihiro and I were both busy, that's why there were no updates up to now.
We will clarify some things before going further.

Let's say it that way: "I am fed up of MPH !" Yes I am ! "Why?" you would ask ? Well plain and simple because he steals other's ideas to make those its own and aquire fame.
I couldn't care less if he wouldn't do it in order to aquire money from donators who believes that it's indeed his work. I am of course talking about the "MPH Game loader" Who do you thing the MPH game loader's idea is based on ?

On yoshihiro's gta working theory of course ! To be more specific you can find where yoshihiro explained the whole thing on an old news here : http://www.sonyxteam.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=22&mode=&order=0&thold=0

If you notice well, that's exactely what MPH does, he decrypt the prx (with the ~PSP header on it) and decrypt the boot.bin (using the 2.00 key with loadexec so that you don't have to do it yourself)
Of course it didn't boot straight away, but I was silly enough to report on pspupdates (I don't remember where the post is so find it yourselves) that gta performed a prx check at startup, from that point it was obvious that all you needed to use was a firmware loader (such as the BFM or any other), I or yoshihiro could have done it months ago myself but it would have required to decrypt the ingame prx (whitch means to use an iso) and we are against piracy.
Then as he saw that he couldn't run the UMD directly all he did was to load a driver with featuring an embebed decryptor to decrypt the prx on the fly, what a big deal ! xD

Yoshihiro spoke about it with Nem recently (a very famous devlopper if you don't know who he is (more famous than that MPH's crap who betrayed us while working on the downgrader to get fame)) and he agrees that what MPH did wasn't respectable, that's why he started (with his team called SEC (Saturn Expedition Comitee)) to code an application called "Run UMD" that runs 2.00 games from the UMD discs (and NOT from an iso) because as well as other devloppers he was fed up of MPH's behaviours stealing other devlopper's works and ideas.

You all split on Yoshihiro but do not forget that it was him who :

- Created the first umd games loader from ms (that made him beeing hated by many devlopers at this time because they were against piracy (he is now against piracy as well so it's unlikely that he works on such projects ever again)

- Created the First Version Changer (to your knowledge the downgrader is BASED on it)

- Created the first psp flasher (the first code to ever write on the flash)

- Created the first secure skin changer for 1.50

- Created the first button swapper

- Created the downgrader (yeah that was him, MPH pretended to work with him and stole from him his downgrading idea as well as how to write on the flash from user mode (that's about 90% of MPH's downgrader xD), He even spent time on msn, psphack and sxt's channel thanking yoshihiro at the time and he thanked him in his sources too ! (weired it's been removed now xD) And still we gave him credits for the downgrader we released (for the about 10 % of work he did (that was mostly testing as unlike us he had a 2.00 psp))

- Created the first NAND writter and dumper (using the SceNand API)

- Created the ONLY firmware loader capable of running debug firmwares (such as the bogus update) and 1.00 fw with music and UMD videos working! (even the eboots were working) and without the use of the SCEI SDK docs (unlike MPH who used it to code its drivers for his MPHFL in order to run the webbrowser on 2.00+ (and even so it's still very buggy because he can't even manage to use the userspace memory correctly, that's mostly why it freezes all the time xD)

- The first to use a costum index.dat within the version changer (aka v.7.50)

- A working sms emulator for psp

And lots of other stuffs I might have forgotten.

Even so, due to rumours spreaded not only by noobs but by many enemies he encountered, every psp noob on this scene split on him, say he is a shit etc etc, while they say MPH is a god and so on....

Here is a small list of yoshihiro's enemies and why they are hostile to him:

- Niacin, Boss of the Toc2rta team: Because we said the truth about his team stealing the tiff overflow exploit discovery from an anonymous user on pspupdates, because we denounced him DDOSing our server !, Because we said the truth about him using Yoshihiro to bring users to his irc servers, then he banned yoshi form the server when there were enough people in and had agreements with pspupdates, psphacks etc etc so that they use his server if they pay him a montly income (I don't know how much but iut must be a lot of money)

-MPH:Because he stole the dowqngrader from yoshihiro so he want him to be discredited

- Nanoneo aka fluff: Because we said the truth about his crappy psix that was non-existant at the time (he had still to code it thanks to us), he was asking donations for a non-existing work ! Then when he finally coded (it's still crappy by the way) he asked people to pay for it ! How disgraceful this is !

- Pspupdates: Because one of their mods have nanoneo (aka fluff) as a friend, and because we said the truth about their so called pspadvance that was supposed to be licenced by sony ! xD when it was using code from other people ! (open source code) that it was unstable and of course they asked 10$ for the full version (that was supposed to be signed by sony and had never been released since they have no relationships with SCEI whatsoever...)

- Alonetrio from WAB : Because when yoshihiro was in wab working on the downgrader, Alonetrio while having full control over the wab.com website, released fake vids to get more people browsing his website, put adds on it to get money, and put a paypal account to cheat people who were trying to help yoshi with the downgrader's developpment by taking all of their money, then when yoshihiro finaly left wab Alonetrio disapeared with all the money of course and accused yoshi of crappy lies such as not even knowing what an xor is.... Of course all of those disgraceful acts had done harm to yoshihiro's reputation when he had nothing to do with it! It was all Alonetrio's fault ! (By the way now that wab website is closed and that the wab groups is dismantled I don't remember having seen any releases from wab since yoshihiro left xD)

- Sony : For obvious reasons xD

And lots of others whom I didn't have time to quote their names here (such as Kaiser_Sozei from divineo.fr also the boss of the "pspteam" (remember the trojan pspbrick ? xD))

that's because all of those groups spread lame rumours about yoshihiro that his reputation got as worse as possible...
That's also why Yoshihiro has suspended his work on the psp scene for the time beeing and that's why he is wondering wether he should leave the psp scene or not.

For my part I still do some work on the psp to help othert developpers on ps2dev : http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=4249&start=90&sid=49de91bacbe25974296d3786cbcc114c (the first working 1.50 to 1.00 downgrade...)

Yoshi and I will work on the xbox360 from now on, we might still work on the psp but we are still unsure about this.

I typed this huge news because I was fed up of the psp scene's behaviour that is moslty filled of noobs, that's only because there are still respectful devloppers and members (such as Fanjita, Nem, tyranid, MR_Brown, kuroneko, Ryoko_no_usagi... and most of the people at ps2dev (I hope the ones I forgot will forgive me but I can't remember everyone can I ? ;) ) on this scene that I am still working in it.

Now you do know what's my point of view about the psp scene.
I also wanted to give some news about SXT just to tell the people arround here that we are still arround :)

Both Cheers and Regards

Mathieulh</blockquote>

Thoughts on the issues raised, agree or disagree then have your say

YourStillWithMe
March 13th, 2006, 23:37
Hope to still see you guys working on things for the scene. I agree with you 100%, i dont understand why people bashed Yoshiro, seriously i dont! Everyone says blah blah blah made up these lies about the release of certain programs and who started it. This is the way I look at all of this. . . . . ---> Who Cares? Seriously? Were all in the scene because we enjoy it. Let the creators of the programs worry about all the stressful stuff. We're in it to have fun, so can we do that people!!!? I hope you guys stick with the psp, i truly appreciate all you have done for the scene and I feel bad for what BS you have had to go through. I've been around with the PSP scene since the memory card swap method was discovered so I know what the hell I'm talking about.

You dont HAVE to show respect everyone, just dont get all emotional and bash people for no reason.

bullhead
March 13th, 2006, 23:39
I dont know much about hacking or programming, but ive gathered that MPH is a tool, moron, thief etc. There are a lot of developers that have made owning a PSP worth it (Fanjita for me as I own a 2.6 firmware). New members like myself can be a pain in the neck, but many of us spread the word about homebrew on the PSP And try and do what little we can.
The person who made the trojan is a very sad person who just gets kicks out of destroying peoples property. I have had first hand experience with it myself and I had to throw a PSP away (a heavy blow when you dont earn money yet)
I guess people such as those you mention are unavoidable and if you develop these hacks for the PSP as a hobby you should carry on, just dont release them.
Keep doing what you're doing and dont let pricks annoy you.

Cap'n 1time
March 13th, 2006, 23:41
quit the drama. yoshi and mph both have bad reputations. change your handle and move on.

dman32
March 13th, 2006, 23:42
its funny...if sony ever did anything legal they have your full confession right there...lol...

S41N7
March 13th, 2006, 23:45
good read...very interesting.

in the words of mr R. King "cant we all just get along?" :D

bizarre
March 13th, 2006, 23:51
I think there are no bad reputations, i think mph along with yoshihiro are good coders, and i think them both are the best.

theandyman85
March 13th, 2006, 23:55
I dont see how any of this helps the community. All this does is bring back the past drama that was there before. Keep the mudslinging in politics. There is no real reason to bring all of this back up making claims of they did this here or there. I honestly dont see why this was posted, all it will do is split more of the community like it does everytime pointless drama comes up. Seriously, just get a long with each other. Someone stole something from you? That sucks but it doesnt mean you should go on and on about it unless there is some hardcore proof. This goes both ways. I dont see anything in this that is benefitial to the community at all. Sure they are still around, but the only thing i see they are working on still is a GameGear emulator. Anything else in all of that?
I'm a bit disapointed this was posted as news.

Voltron
March 14th, 2006, 00:12
I'm not for another scene war starting. The PSP scene is so great because of ALL contributors. Coders, devs, testers, supporters, webmasters, etc. all come together as a whole and make the PSP scene the best. In 1 year, the PSP has turned into such a powerful homebrew device.

Lets make year 2 even better.

slayer2psp
March 14th, 2006, 00:14
blah blah blah so why didnt they put it out im against iso piracy so what if you can do it do it im sorry but psp games run like crap off the umd im very greatfull for the iso loaders i buy what i want and try the others. its funny how you dont here people get mad at companys that make flash carts for the gba nds you can play all of those games a lot easier then you can psp iso

b8a
March 14th, 2006, 01:18
Talk about what's destroying the scene... I hadn't realized how much I didn't miss all of this over-inflated ego chest-banging until I read this. It's this type of juvenile behaviour, more than any other that I can think of, that developers have cited as reasons for leaving the scene. Yoshihiro/Mathieulh, we thank you for anything you may have helped bring us, but if you can't see a project through to completion, then you really shouldn't be ripping on devs who can and do. It's easy to have a great idea, but a lot of times it takes a lot of hard work (a heck of a lot more work than simply having the idea) to make that idea a reality, so claiming credit for work simply because you had an idea for it is nonsense. There's a theory that states that an "original" idea is very likely to occur to many unrelated people at the same time, and other software communities seem to embrace this, readily ceeding credit to the first person to bring it to fruition, while other devs are usually pretty good natured about being beaten to the punch. Especially when there's no profit involved, what's the point in having a fit over who finishes it first? This level of childish behaviour is unique to the PSP scene in my experience. Some quiet humility will earn us your respect a lot faster than attention-grabbing name-calling, which just turns most people off and make them dislike you for that alone. Just think of all of those "respectful" developers you mentioned. What makes them respectful is that they know what they're talking about and that they don't participate in this nonsense. Quite frankly, this type of nonsense from SonyXTEAM far outweighs any technical facts they may present so that makes it very hard to respect them. MPH may be a thief of low esteem (although this is the first time I've heard anything to that effect), but his site just simply presents his work, and even in his forums, I've never seen him bashing anyone or displaying any level of immature behaviour. So when you weigh the demeanors of the various devs we know to be legitimate against that of SonyXTEAM, I think it's pretty easy to see why a lot of people don't trust that they know what they're talking about or have anything real to contribute.

And Sony is their enemy????? Talk about not giving credit where credit is due!!! I don't like their corporate BS any more than anyone else, but if you're developing software for THEIR machine, they DESERVE a minnimum of your respect. You couldn't do ANYTHING if it wasn't for their work.

Happy to hear that SonyXTEAM is moving on to the 360. Couldn't care less about that platform. The PSP community will miss whatever legitimate contributions they had to offer, but I doubt, HIGHLY doubt, that they offered us anything unique that someone else with a more mature attitude won't be able to.

iniquitous_beast
March 14th, 2006, 07:45
This is something that I don't want to hear about. Things were ugly when the psp downgrader was being worked on. Too much stupid bickering over who really was doing all the work. Practically a flame-war among coders. Shameful. I care not for glory-fiends.

TheEmulatorGuy
March 14th, 2006, 08:48
What a bunch of shit, this guy is a loser. What's more, he actually put Sony on his hate list. For ****s sake, Sony MADE the goddamn PSP! And he hates them! What a joke.

stevewynn
March 14th, 2006, 09:45
good points b8a!

I think giving this yoshihiro or mathieulh (probably the same person) air time is below this forum's integrity.

Wraggster, reporter of all good news to the psp homebrew scene, i think you excercised bad judgement here reporting "news" like this, when youre worried about the state of the scene. Let these idiots use their own web site for flaming other people.

strange thing is, the xbox homebrew scene never had these "15 year old with personality problems". Odd how many lowlife individuals the psp attracts.

Kaiser
March 14th, 2006, 23:53
Wraggster, reporter of all good news to the psp homebrew scene, i think you excercised bad judgement here reporting "news" like this, when youre worried about the state of the scene. Let these idiots use their own web site for flaming other people.

Something tells me the reason wraggster posted this in the "hacking and development" forum instead of the news forum is how much shit it would stir up. Wraggster simply posted what was on the team website.

P.S B8a post pretty much summed up my opinion on the matter. Good posting!

theandyman85
March 15th, 2006, 01:49
Something tells me the reason wraggster posted this in the "hacking and development" forum instead of the news forum is how much shit it would stir up. Wraggster siomply posted what was on the team website.
While it is here now, it was in the News section and thus the front page.
Taking it out of there probably prevented a lot of this getting out of hand.

wraggster
March 15th, 2006, 06:42
oh dear

from --> http://www.sonyxteam.com/modules.php?name=News&file=comments&op=showreply&tid=140&sid=30&pid=133&mode=&order=&thold=#140

Re: SonyXteaM isn't dead ! (Score: 1)
by Mathieulh on Mardi, mars 14 @ 10:57:58 CET
(User Info | Send a Message)
To be honest I wasn't thinking about you as a friend of fluff but of another mod, anyway about the pspadvance situation I'll let you remember that the company that run both pspupdates and pspadvance is the very same..... (I feel sorry for you if you didn't know :/)
I suggest you read this:

http://www.sonyxteam.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=24&mode=&order=0&thold=0

I'll paste its content for you:

--------------------BEGINING OF PASTE-----------------------------

I sent this e-mail to [email protected] :
I find it interesting that when you go to pre-order for PSPAdvance,
you're paying on Paypal to Content Holdings, LLC the company owns
and runs PSPUpdates.

Yet we've been told that there is no money from this going to
PSPUpdates.

Every time I comment on the business dealings that are obviously
going on here, my comments are deleted.

Every time I point out things that would make PSPAdvance's release
to be impossible as it is stated, my comments are deleted.

I was banned from the forum and my comments were deleted simply for
stating this.

I think you owe myself and your other users an explanation.

I just received this e-mail from Clay, owner of PSPUpdates:

You were never told that there is no money from this going to PSPUpdates. PSPAdvance is our partner, we handle billing for them.

Listen, you have been nothing but a pain in the ass on this whole issue, If you don't believe that PSPAdvance is real, that's fine, i don't give a shit, but I won't tolorate you defacing my articles with your blather. There is no "free speech" on my site, you have no "rights" to say what you want - this is MY website, and I'll delete whatever comments I damn well feel like deleting. Especially ones that could put false doubt in a potential customer's head. This isn't a hobby, we aren't a "fansite" this is a BUSINESS. We have no day jobs - this is what we do for a living, just like IGN or other large sites. If you don't like that, go to another inferior PSP site and terrorize them, because I won't tolorate it.

-----------------------------ENDING OF PASTE-------------------------

Would you still dare telling me that pspupdates was decieved by pspadvance??

If you were decieved as well I suggest you to speak about it with Clay, admin of pspupdates who knows more than he pretends.

Best Regards

.:PSP1.0:.
March 15th, 2006, 07:05
^^Geez i don't know what to believe anymore.. its all a conspiracy.. if this bit of news gets out to every PSP owner i think PSP owners might stop or at lease think twice about donating to projects of fear that they feel might be fake or a little misleading.. :(

glitch
March 15th, 2006, 17:15
umm yea this should never have been posted, I think we need to start including hosts files that block yoshis site, that's included with all future homebrew.

At any rate we are giving him the greatest honor by posting and reading his sh!t, and I don't believe a d@mn thing he says, every coder I have talked too has said all he did from day one was to take someone elses code and through his name in it and released it as his own. He is the very reason why many devs left the scene, one of the devs I know went to osx86 scene and has never looked back.

Kaiser
March 17th, 2006, 04:34
While I can agree Yoshi isn't to be taken as the most truthful person, the last email about PSPU and PSP Advanced gives disturbing information. I don't know which person to believe. Seems this type of trouble is always around PSPU :(

edit: I still don't get FrozenIpaq. I don't know why he continues to associate himself with PSPU. He's always fighting PSPU's battles.

Cap'n 1time
March 17th, 2006, 04:46
bleh. pspu, yoshi... who gives a damn. let them have their little dramatic sequence... I think its best to stay as clear from them as we can else we be sucked in. For some reason (that escapes me) some people enjoy this kind of attention. We have made our peace wiht pspu but the way I see it, we are far from allies.. in I think it is the general outlook of other mods and admins that we not even think of pspu.. anyway Wraggster I might recommend you get your self off of that mailing list. What yoshi needs is a highschool councilor... not news postings.

Fluff
March 18th, 2006, 11:30
Seems like it's super-chibi-childish month.
That whole post on their site basically says "we did it first they stole our ideas <flame long list of people> oh and now were moving to the xbox 360 scene bye"

Good riddance.

Lodis
March 18th, 2006, 23:47
SonyXTeam have always stated that they knew how to create a loader for GTA that would work on 1.5 but they never had the time to do so. MPH actually delivered a working loader for GTA on 1.5. Enough said.

Hawkeyefile
April 6th, 2006, 17:08
http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:fS3NYgLv5vkJ:www.pspextra.com/search.php%3Fq%3Dfirmware%2520/%27Ultimateu&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=4