PDA

View Full Version : Beats of Rage PSP V0.09

SamuraiX
March 14th, 2006, 05:15
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/Shot2.jpg

Version 0.09 By SamuraiX

I will now include two versions of BOR. The original Beats of Rage V1.0029
and the NEW OpenBor V2.0045. I suggest to use original BOR for mods that
don't require enhanced features that OpenBOR provides because 333 is needed for smooth video playback. If mod is not compatible with BOR then use OpenBOR. I do plan on upgrading both versions to use GPU in the future, so we can default to 222Mhz on OpenBOR.

Between the both of them you should be able to play any mod.

Updates:
-Compatibility with 2.0 TIFF
-New File Logger(BeatsOfRageLog.txt gets created when ever an error occurs)
-Lots of Memory Fixes/stabilizing here and there.
-Keep version identical to OpenBOR.
-OpenBOR defaults to 333 MHz (Keep Video Smooth) since its much more complex than bor.

Issues:
-Sleep Mode is not supported Yet.
-OpenBOR Hall of Fame glitch in main menu.

Usage:
-Place Image directory in the same directory as eboot. And remove original filemenu.png

Download Via Comments and Leave Feedback :)

Stewie2280
March 14th, 2006, 06:27
where is that x-men and battletoads mod from

wraggster
March 14th, 2006, 06:29
that was me adding a screen but its from the Dreamcast Version

Onyx Khan
March 14th, 2006, 06:32
I'm a little confused as to how to go about installing/setting up this new version. Also, is it possible to have both on the PSP at the same time? Excuse me if I'm missing something obvious here....

D0N
March 14th, 2006, 11:00
Nice 1 Samurai X-Another update for your excellent game.
Ive got an idea wat u can do for the next update. Y dont u put weapons on it? It will make it off the hook then lol

Darkatomz
March 14th, 2006, 12:40
lol that was FAST.

D0N
March 14th, 2006, 14:32
tested both versions of BOR and both work for psp 2.60

frmariam
March 14th, 2006, 16:16
Looks great SamuraiX! And I'm glad you solved that 2.0 tif specific issue that was in 0.8x (only the GTA exploit users have GBA for now... If BoR was the same it wouldn't be fair :p ).

Also I have a small sugestion: how about when you exit a PAK you are playing, you return to the BoR PAK selection menu?

What do you think?

Cheers and keep up the good work!

Edit:

I've noticed in some parts of the original BoR PAK (like the elevator part of a level and the 3rd or 4th boss) that the scenary is kind of wierd and that when you go there or through an enemy there the image will be left there (sorry I don't quite know how to explain...). Is it a PAK, BoR engine by team Senille or a port issue (because of the full screen for example)? This one has been there for quite a while...

Also some screens aren't in full screen mode (like the inicial game menus...). I don't know if they look any good stretched though...

A small anoyance: I noticed there is a fixed hard path to ms0:/PSP/GAME in the code (the eLoader pointed it when I first loaded it. I made a a special config for BoR 0.9 with "ignorefixedpath=Y". It doesn't do any harm, just one of those tiny things...

aurelius
March 15th, 2006, 00:20
I have the same problem with the fixed hard path, but I don't know how to fix is. Some help please?

SamuraiX
March 15th, 2006, 00:39
Looks great SamuraiX! And I'm glad you solved that 2.0 tif specific issue that was in 0.8x (only the GTA exploit users have GBA for now... If BoR was the same it wouldn't be fair :p ).

Also I have a small sugestion: how about when you exit a PAK you are playing, you return to the BoR PAK selection menu?

What do you think?

Cheers and keep up the good work!

Edit:

I've noticed in some parts of the original BoR PAK (like the elevator part of a level and the 3rd or 4th boss) that the scenary is kind of wierd and that when you go there or through an enemy there the image will be left there (sorry I don't quite know how to explain...). Is it a PAK, BoR engine by team Senille or a port issue (because of the full screen for example)? This one has been there for quite a while...

Also some screens aren't in full screen mode (like the inicial game menus...). I don't know if they look any good stretched though...

A small anoyance: I noticed there is a fixed hard path to ms0:/PSP/GAME in the code (the eLoader pointed it when I first loaded it. I made a a special config for BoR 0.9 with "ignorefixedpath=Y". It doesn't do any harm, just one of those tiny things...

The reason for the graphical glitches are because the orginial mods were designed for a 4x3 window. Not sure if I can do anything about that. If there are some pak modders out their that would like to work with me and start creating some 480x272 games I would be more than happy to work with them.

As for full screen mode for game menus and such I am working on that. I will eventually fix the hard path as well.

frmariam
March 15th, 2006, 02:02
So thats why some stuff looked wierd... I hope someone with BoR PAK editing experience reads this!

Anyway I was really happy to see the 2.0 tif support on this release! Did pinpoint the problem? If so the info about the problem could help out Fanjita to find the prob with Dgen 1.20 and 1.30 on 2.0 tif (it runs on GTA exploit...).

Really happy to keep seing your great BoR releases :)

aries2k4
March 15th, 2006, 02:22
Keep up the good work Samurai X. downloaded crisis evil2, joe and mac paks to try out. they both looked good!!!

gmoney8188
March 15th, 2006, 12:00
Anyone know how to get Chrono Killer to work with this? Everytime I try to start it, I get the message in the the OpenBorLog:

"Command 'single' not understood in level order!"

niobe
March 15th, 2006, 13:28
How start BoR v0.09 on PSP with fw1.5?

drukul
March 16th, 2006, 03:06
cAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW DO WE MAKE OUR OWN BOR GAMES>>??????????