PDA

View Full Version : Lemmings - PSP

wraggster
March 14th, 2006, 06:45
News from Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3818&lsaid=219793):

After a long break those suicidal green haired Lemmings are back! The PSP port, developed by Team 17 of Worms fame, includes all 120 classic levels from the 1991 original, plus 36 all new stages. For the first time you can now also create your own puzzles and have your friends scratching their heads. These can be built as stand-alone stages or level packs, then shared online. Beyond that, further new content and themes has also been promised to come from the official website.

http://image.lik-sang.com/images/170/psp-lemmings-euro3.jpghttp://image.lik-sang.com/images/170/psp-lemmings-euro2.jpg

Rather than repeat the disaster of their last major outing, Lemmings 3D, the developers have gone for the 2D gameplay this title requires, while still giving it a 3D graphical makeover and the ability to zoom in and out. Team 17 also improved other areas too, such as mapping the speed up function to a single button, giving you the ability to track a lone Lemming with the cursor, and perhaps best of all, you have five chances each session to skip a level you're stuck on, then you return to it later. The European version is due in soon, while we just received delivery of the Asian version and cleared all pre-orders. Complete with an English manual, the latter goes for the low price of just US$ 34.90, and by ordering today you can feel proud to go along with the crowd. Finally, look out next week for Worms Open Warfare on both PSP and NDS, and yes, it's back in 2D!

Privateer
March 14th, 2006, 06:49
If anyone gets either of these, please inform me if they work with a 1.5 (and whether you've version changer'd or not).

Voltron
March 14th, 2006, 07:50
This looks sweet. Just like with Mega Man I'm glad they went 2D with enhanced visuals and some 3D aspects. It works so well on the PSP. Can't wait to try this out. I too hope this can be run on a 1.5 firmware PSP.

RAZ'77
March 14th, 2006, 09:36
edit: completely off topic -1time

drew4237
March 14th, 2006, 12:15
edit: if you havnt read that you arnt allowed to discuss iso's or any form of running piracy.... your an idiot. Concider this your only warning. -1time

drivers66
March 14th, 2006, 14:43
edit: if you havnt read that you arnt allowed to discuss iso's or any form of running piracy.... your an idiot. Concider this your only warning. -1time

YOU are an idiot,,he hasn't menctioned anything about piracy or isos. He only asked if the game can be charged in a 1.5 psp. I have a 1.5 psp because it has some very useful utilities,,i don't use isos, i'm not interested at all in isos, but i like worms and i would like to play it. If the game does not work on 1.5 i'll not buy it. I's so simple. About your warnings, next time, please, first ask,,then shoot.

slayer2psp
March 14th, 2006, 14:50
it doesnt work on 1.5 with the umd loader dont know about worms yet not my type of games but people sure do like them im looking forward to Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror this week the highest rated game yet on the psp

pepegomez
March 14th, 2006, 15:43
it works with the UMD LOADER(not the isoloader) i already tried it on my 1.5.
and dont tell me its forbidden to talk about an UMDLOADER which u presented in this forum!

indstr
March 14th, 2006, 17:49
hey man, why the hell did they call Lemmings 3d a disaster? Lemmings 3d is one of my favourite games of all time! (for real)

imoneofthem
March 14th, 2006, 18:36
What's the point of buying lemmings UMD......when there is Lemmings on the SNES.

Unless there is lemminds 3D and Lemmings Paicntball included on the UMD disc...which I highly doubt. In my opinion it's a waste of money and only targets the true retro fans who (up to an extent) tend to ollect or desire to play their retro games on the next gen. consoles/handhelds.

Also the SNES emulator is well known because it works with firmware versions 2.00+.

imoneofthem
March 14th, 2006, 18:43
But I can't wait until the classic Worms 2 - WWP is released on the PSP. I too own a 1.50 PSP and I will never upgrade to a version higher than 2.00; so it's a sad thing if the MPH's UMD Loader will fail to load the new Worms game :-(. It's also a drag that networking does not work with the current UMD Loader.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what comes along...hopefully a 2.00+ downgrader will be released (I believe it's possible, considering that the devs are advancing greatly on enabling kernal mode).

StealthCP
March 14th, 2006, 20:27
Well, all I see with this game is an improvement on visuals, whilst keeping the original Lemmings feel. What more could you ask for?? After completing most of Lemmings on PSPGenesis (I still can't figure out a few mayhem levels) this would bring a change. The PSP was originally designed for PSP games IMHO, and this would be one I would want to buy. Sticking to the 1.50 firmware rigidly, I am glad to hear it works with the UMD Loader from MPH. However, no-one has bothered to mention if it will run on 1.50 normally, and if not, does the version changer work instead?
Basically, is the game:

- A 1.50 Compatible UMD (runs on 1.50 PSPs normally)
- A 1.50 system code UMD saying it needs 2.00 (version number would solve this, eg Pro Evo), or
- 2.00 system code UMD (eg GTA - would require UMDloader)

drew4237
March 14th, 2006, 21:43
it isnt illeagal to talk about iso loaders cause if u make a legit copy from ur own game it is leagal, so u can use it on 1.5 that is what i do cause the loading time is greatly reduced in midnight club 3 and i riped it so it fits on my 512mb stick.

Chathurga
March 14th, 2006, 22:05
Nah it still isnt legel, because its a unique media disk that only runs on the psp. Its legel to have it but not to get it, you understand?

Emeriastone
March 14th, 2006, 22:10
[/QUOTE]In my opinion it's a waste of money and only targets the true retro fans who (up to an extent) tend to ollect or desire to play their retro games on the next gen. consoles/handhelds.[QUOTE]

I'm guessing that imoneofthem really doesn't appreciate the genius that is and always will be, Lemmings...

I don't claim to have owned or played (to a great extent) any of the lemmings titles. But I am considering purchasing this game regardless of the fact that it may be a "retro" title (MGS is a retro game series now on PS3 steriods, why not? Same with the FF titles...)...

Cap'n 1time
March 15th, 2006, 00:28
YOU are an idiot,,he hasn't menctioned anything about piracy or isos. He only asked if the game can be charged in a 1.5 psp. I have a 1.5 psp because it has some very useful utilities,,i don't use isos, i'm not interested at all in isos, but i like worms and i would like to play it. If the game does not work on 1.5 i'll not buy it. I's so simple. About your warnings, next time, please, first ask,,then shoot.

yes, and he also posted a direct link to the umd emulator. dont call me an idiot... idiot.

drew4237
March 15th, 2006, 03:57
i never posted a link to the umd emulator so i can call u an idiot...idiot

Privateer
March 15th, 2006, 08:21
Basically, is the game:

- A 1.50 Compatible UMD (runs on 1.50 PSPs normally)
- A 1.50 system code UMD saying it needs 2.00 (version number would solve this, eg Pro Evo), or
- 2.00 system code UMD (eg GTA - would require UMDloader)
I too would like this answered.

samidgley
March 15th, 2006, 15:46
I had development code of the lemmings game on my 1.5 psp at some point and it worked just fine, although it might have changed now. Also it was a really annoying because they got rid of the crazy music that made Lemmings amazing

MaxSMoke
March 16th, 2006, 05:37
Wasn't somebody already working on Lemmings for Homebrew? It just seems like such a No-Brainer kind of project for Homebrew development. Certainly not worthy of a full PSP release, even if it is only $35. :p