PDA

View Full Version : Controller Board Port Schematics

Erghize
March 14th, 2006, 20:53
Does anyone know where I can find the schematics for the DC controller port board? The one with the power LED?

I changed the power LED a while back when I wasn't so good at soldering, and I pretty much burnt the pad away that I had to solder to. So...I went to change the LED colour from green to blue and even more got burnt away...now there's no chance to get it working without finding another point to solder to.

If anyone could help, that'd be hot.

Tomlo
March 14th, 2006, 21:51
Just run some wire from the PSU its very close, and no soldering needed lucky for you and your sad... sad... dreamcast... :(

Erghize
March 14th, 2006, 22:32
Lol, capital idea! :D

And yeah...this is the second DC i've screwed over >_<

My first one I removed the motherboard cover and those sticky pads on the ICs and started touching them...so...yeah...didn't work after that.

I wish I didn't throw my old one away actually, I could have used the controller port board =\

Tomlo
March 14th, 2006, 22:55
You broke it by touching the sticky cooling pads? That sounds unlikely unless you caused a static shock. Heck I have pulled them off and played with them dozens of times with no problems. Probally part of the motherboard was being grounded keeping it from starting.

Around these parts we dont throw away broken DC's worst case we try and figgure out what we can stuff into the case... :D

Erghize
March 14th, 2006, 23:24
Not by touching the sticky pads, by touching the motherboard itself >_<

Lol, I guess I should adopt that theory :P

Tomlo
March 15th, 2006, 00:21
Ya I always touch the chips too, spread out the cooling fluid... nothing bad has ever happened to mine...