PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario 64: The Missing Stars Released!

wraggster
May 7th, 2009, 16:52
This is the first ever “complete” hack of Mario 64, featuring brand new levels and missions. The game has been changed in many aspects, offering a fresh gameplay experience.

Main Features:

38 stars in about 10 levels
A Day/night cycle replacing (most) act selectors
Choose to play as Mario or Luigi
Modified enemies, objects and bosses (too many to list!)
Custom music, including one original song (the town “night” music)
A new final boss fight which involves a new Mario powerup
There are also many ‘behind the scene’ modifications that make make this hack work: extended memory support, a new collision pointer system (lookup tables instead of hardcoded pointers), modified script commands and a bunch of other hacks.

Some hacks used in this game were written straight in C using a GCC compiler targeting MIPS and a set of header files/linker scripts to allow interaction with existing game code and functions. Source code for most modifications will also be released soon.

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,8551.html

mcdougall57
May 7th, 2009, 23:44
This is truly mint. Can't believe all this existed :s

Eviltaco64
May 7th, 2009, 23:57
This is pretty impressive! I'm pretty sure that they've never gone this far with N64 game mods. It might just be a landmark in N64 hacking. :)

coolsoul
May 8th, 2009, 08:19
can my kid play that game with psp + how to change the formate of that ppf thanks to make it work with deadalus

VampDude
June 15th, 2009, 17:12
Sadly for me, who wants this... RomHacking.net is down, due to the suicide of some guy in India. :(

It's the only decent site for hacking stuff too, last year I created an entirely different Mario 3 (which I intended on playing on my Wii - though it held too much data).