PDA

View Full Version : For those who have corrupted mem sticks...

bkdevart
March 15th, 2006, 05:35
This has happened to me twice now. I honestly don't remember how I corrupted the first card (it was in the days of the 1.5 swap trick, so I'll chalk it up to that), but the second mem card was ruined when I woke my PSP out of sleep. Completely ruined - I bought a PC card reader, and neither it nor the PSP recognizes the card. The fact that this has happened twice, and I hardly EVER play my PSP, leads me to believe it's pretty common... and I'm hesitant about buying another memory card just to see this happen again.
I've read in these forums that sleeping your PSP and waking it running homebrew software can corrupt it... I've also heard that running out of space on the card may do the same thing. I was pretty low on space when I did this, and I woke it from sleep... so is the true cause a combination of these things? Having low/no memory and camping a PSP while running homebrew?
Anyone else who's had this problem, please reply with what you were doing when your stick got corrupted, and how much space you may have had free on the card, as well as what firmware you were running (I'm running 1.5).
Thanks for any input you may have!

Flipao
March 17th, 2006, 11:09
For those who have corrupted mem sticks...... WE SALUUUUUTE YOU!!!!!

bkdevart
March 17th, 2006, 14:51
lol... thanks for that... I guess there aren't many of us, eh? Ah well. Guess I'll just use the 32MB card for now, till prices drop again...