PDA

View Full Version : SONY official announcement: On upcoming PS Emulator and Flash Player for PSP

miemt11
March 15th, 2006, 09:27
SONY official Today announcement: On upcoming PS Emulator for PSP

Direct Chinese to english Translate using google:

1st, the PS2 whole world pays on compulsion 100 million, software 1 billion.

2nd, last year year's end achievement good accent.

3rd, General PSP can appear EYE TOY.

4th, the populace golf newly will do embarks the GPS system.

5th, PSP next time will renew may broadcast FLASH.

6th, PS2 also may sell 4 to 5 years.

7th, this fall will promote PSP the telephone service.

8th, Generally PSP to release a Playstation emulator.

9th, PSP software also will be able to provide downloading to trade.

10th, PSP aspect MM user less, the user level mainly concentrates in 14 to 20 years old between, therefore the sales pressure quite is big.

11th, PS3 promotes global synchronization, the date is in 2006 November.

12th, PS3 will be first embarked the next generation HDMI 绔�瓙 main engine.

13th, for prevented the earth group, completely the PS3 game could be the blue light media.

14th, the PS3 development machine and the development kit have completely completed.

15th, the PS3 network basic service is free, will promote synchronization with PS3 to launch.

16th, CELL will be allowed to realize 4 dimensions worlds, with will play the family to realize the dream together.

17th, PS3 will embark 2. 5 inch 60G hard disk.

18th, PS3 OS is the LINUX system.

19th, the PS3 network service will launch with the GAMESPY cooperation.

20th, compatible PS series software will be allowed high to analyze a performance.

Original Source:

1、PS2全球出荷一亿台、软件十亿。
2、去年年末业绩好调。
3、PSP上将会出现EYE TOY。
4、大众高尔夫新作将搭载GPS系统。
5、PSP下次更新将可以播放FLASH。
6、PS2还可以卖个4到5年。
7、今秋将推出PSP的电话服务。
8、PSP上将会出现PS模拟器。
9、PSP软件也将会提供下载贩卖。
10、PSP方面MM用户较少,用户层主要集中在14到20岁之间,因此销售压力比较大。
11、PS3将全球同步推出,日期为11月份。
12、PS3将是首台搭载了次世代HDMI端子的主机。
13、为防止大地集团,全部PS3游戏将会是蓝光媒体。
14、PS3的开发机与开发工具已全部完成。
15、PS3的网络基本服务是免费的,将与PS3的推出同步展开。
16、CELL将可以实现4次元世界,将与玩家共同实现梦想。
17、PS3将搭载2。5英寸的60G硬盘。
18、PS3的OS为LINUX系统。
19、PS3的网络服务将与GAMESPY合作展开。
20、兼容的PS系列软件将可以高解析度表现。

happy_mak
March 15th, 2006, 09:44
PS Emulator??

The original Japanese post on Sony site does not speak anything on PS emulator though
Link is here http://www.playstation.jp/news/2006/pr_060315_psp.html

By the way they are planning Macromedia Flash 6 and also ability to DOWNLOAD AND STORE the RSS content.

regards
manish
http://blog.livedoor.jp/gai_jin

StealthCP
March 15th, 2006, 09:50
Heh, how often dothe Chinese lie? I seriously doubt that Sony will release a PS emulator as, like homebrew, it will ause a drop in PSP game sales and reduce profit.

ace_t
March 15th, 2006, 10:03
You never heard of "Chinese Whispers"?
:rolleyes: ;)

happy_mak
March 15th, 2006, 10:04
HEY EVERYONE,
I take back my earlier words, there is indeed something planned
Check this one
http://bb.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/parts/image_for_link/45468-13201-5-1.html

regards
manish

odino
March 15th, 2006, 10:29
http://img97.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scej1042np.jpg

:eek:

lplover2k
March 15th, 2006, 10:51
oh looks nice :) playing psx on psp :)

b8a
March 15th, 2006, 11:29
Oh wow. Once again, the PSP news is ten times more exciting than the PS3 news. My guess is that Sony is announcing these features now as damage control for being unable to launch the PS3 until the end of the year. Hopefully that means that the security on the new features will be leaky as all heck and that exploits to run homebrew on the new firmwares (or conversely, to run the new features on 1.50) will be discovered quickly and easily. Here's keeping my fingers crossed! I'll almost certainly be buying the next generation PSP in any event.

CoderX
March 15th, 2006, 12:37
Personaly i think most of that list is a lie.

First off
PS1 Emulator <-- Would cause sony to losse money!!!!
PS3 OS + Linux <-- Ya right, hand us a kerrnel os to screw them over with.
Almost as bad a mistake as alowing unsigned code on a 1.0psp

But bleive what you like.
I think this is junk

One Eyed Newt
March 15th, 2006, 13:09
PS1 Emulator <-- Would cause sony to losse money!!!!
Surely it would cause an increase in people buying PS1 games therefor the potential for them to gain money?

Sure, it would reduce the amount of people buying PS1 consoles, but how many people would seriously consider that now anyway with the PS2 able to play PS1 games.

Might also increase sales of the PSP for people who have always wanted a PS1 and have been considering getting a PSP. Adding PS1 emulator might just tip the scales in favour of them buying it.

Adding PS1 game support doesnt have to mean that they will lose money, in fact it has the potential to do quite the opposite. Of course, this assumes that people buy legit copies of PS1 games or that Sony add some kind of security to prevent illegal copies working

AcerVentura
March 15th, 2006, 13:43
A Flash player 6 would be a welcome addition to the browser capabilities.

However, all the best Flash games are version 7, or 8+.

A PS emulator would not hurt Sony, in fact it will create a new UMD market.

After all, do you think you can put your PS1 CD in the UMD drive? Or that they would let you run a backup iso off the memory stick?

No, they will likely sell PS1 games on UMD, maybe 2 or 3 titles on a disc. Just like Nintendo did with official NES games on the GBA.

Just wait-- you'll see Spyro The Dragon 1, 2, & 3 on UMD for $60.

10shu
March 15th, 2006, 14:01
"CELL will be allowed to realize 4 dimensions worlds, with will play the family to realize the dream together."

lol...that s the funniest bullshit ever...:)
do u think the ps4 will be able to do 5D games? :D

Cap'n 1time
March 15th, 2006, 14:29
"CELL will be allowed to realize 4 dimensions worlds, with will play the family to realize the dream together."

do u think the ps4 will be able to do 5D games? :D

yes.. that bothered me too. according to wikipedia...

4D shapes or so called Tesseract's indeed exist... but can be projected in a 3d realm..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesseract

Also another definition of 4d is... time.. and I dont think the Cell is powerfull enough to display... time? err.. what?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time

ah and here is a wikipedia page of specifically the 4th D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_dimension

so it sounds like to me... china has some hoaxers as well.

... or sony has in fact found some way to modify the origins of the universe and is being kind enough to release it as a... video game.

Hungry Horace
March 15th, 2006, 14:30

;) i think that's more a case of "all your base are belong to us"

Hungry Horace
March 15th, 2006, 14:34
PS3 OS + Linux <-- Ya right, hand us a kerrnel os to screw them over with.
Almost as bad a mistake as alowing unsigned code on a 1.0psp

PS3 & Linux isnt news though, it's been known for quite a while. I think Sony may have realised the untapped potential of homebrew, and will find a way to make money off of it.

Some said they might even consider a u-turn with regards to the PSP and homebrew... - however even *i* think thats bull!

Cap'n 1time
March 15th, 2006, 14:43
The linux community isnt going to let Sony make money off of them... Honestly the people of linux are amongst the most intelligent and moral people on the planet.

IMHO this list isnt official.. its some kind of wish list/ joke / future speculation that had some of its meaning lost in translation...

Zephyroth_drgs
March 15th, 2006, 14:54
this is some kind of joke i think isnt it?

bizarre
March 15th, 2006, 14:55
i dont know if its real, but if it is, we will lose the homebrew in our psps, because we will be forced to update to play psone games

SoQb0nc5r
March 15th, 2006, 15:04
seems official to me, I LOVE U SONY
http://psp.ign.com/articles/696/696052p1.html

YourStillWithMe
March 15th, 2006, 15:08
Guys guys guys slow it down for a sec, you do realize that Sony is looking for a way to just get us to stop playing our nes, snes, etc. homebrew, right!?

This is is exciting but it sounds a bit overrated. We can SOOOO develop this ourselves without having to lose everything else. PSONE is cool but i'd get sick of it quickly i mean cmon tony hawk 2 was good, ff 7 and 8 but come on

Lodis
March 15th, 2006, 15:38
Having read different forum responses to Sonys future Psp plans, particularly the Psone emulator and flash support, it is evident that many are simply too excited and eager to upgrade to get the very same features that homebrew has already given them or will do so in the future.

Sony are only doing this because they want to get us to upgrade and if Pacmanfan wasn't in the process of developing a Psp Psone emulator, Sony would never be doing anything of the sort.

I too am excited about an official Playstation One emulator on the Psp but in my opinion, it is too little too late. I hope Pacmanfan and the other devs will not be disheartened by this news and I hope it gives them even more motivation to complete this project. The quality of homebrew lately has surpassed what I ever thought was possible on the Psp and alot of it is putting pressure on Sony, much of it has been getting noticed in media and Sony has been forced to acknowledge homebrew whether they want to or not. When homebrew surpasses or rivals your own commercial products you really have to do something about it and this is what Sony is doing and they have no choice either. Homebrew rules and nothing commercial will ever have the same level of flexibility or passion put into it.

urherenow
March 15th, 2006, 15:52
the picture people linked to made me kind of thing that the emulator would be on a UMD (but what a waste of space) and psone games will be downloaded from a sony server onto your memory stick. If that was the case, I'm sure the images will have some sort of signature on them (that the emulator will verify) to stop us from using our own ISO's...

geise69
March 15th, 2006, 16:13
The PS1 emulator IS a nice idea, but I don't like how they're going about it. I'm sure the games that are going to be on the sony server to dl are just big sony titles. Why have a PS1 emulator if you can only play certain ps1 games. I seriously doubt they'll have the ps1 versions of Dodonpachi, Sol Divide, Sokyugurentai (probably spelled wrong) and other hard to find games. Yeah I'd love to play MGS, Dragon Quest 7 and other big games, but why pay for them again if I already own them? I seriously doubt I can just make an ISO and run it. Would be nice though. As for sony wanting to cancel out homebrew, I doubt they care about nes, snes, genesis/megadrive. I also feel that this is stuff that has been planned for quite some time and even if they did get these ideas from homebrew it's nice sony is adding them. I also wonder how much the ps1 games are going to go for?

rbervoets
March 15th, 2006, 16:25
A Wise Man Once Said

If you wait long enough they will make an emulator for everything...

daibo
March 15th, 2006, 16:33
I highly doubt Sony is able to distribute games like MGS or FF7, as it has no right to rerelease third party games, still property of third party publishers. So we will only be able to dl first party ones like GT2 etc, and most probably be charged for them. I'll wait for PacManFan.

NeoXCS
March 15th, 2006, 17:42
Monkey 64 is well worth waiting for. I think I'd rather be playing around with homebrew for awhile longer! :)

Voltron
March 15th, 2006, 21:04
Sure a PSOne emulator is a huge selling point. But a valid argument was made about possibly only SONY titles available. I would want to play FF7, Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross, etc. etc. etc. Mostly titles that are NOT Sony. I will wait to hear what PacManFan has to say about this. We should all support him.

The fact is this: If you are going to want the best of both worlds when it comes to the PSP, you'll want the current PSP with 1.50 firmware and you can get this new PSP for commercial games that want to FORCE you to upgrade.

I'm getting sick of the forced updates. I can't get Lemmings, Generation of Chaos, Ys: Ark of Napishtim, and Samurai Warriors to play on my 1.5 PSP. If anyone knows any tricks to get these games to run, please PM me.

YourStillWithMe
March 15th, 2006, 21:16
Yeah, thats the right attitude guys. Voltron-your dead on. I agree. We can't rush our thoughts and just jump to a conclusion. I'd only be pumped abut Tony Hawk 2, Metal Gear Solid, FF7 and 8 and Tekken 3. And in terms of paying? haha i'm 99.9% sure there will be a way around paying and just get them from torrents. I'd much prefer owning people on Perfect Dark, Goldeney, smash bros, or Rogue Squadron playing some single player. I'll just wait and worst possible case scenario i'll turn in my other psp, get some cash, and go buy this new psp (if it's 100% nesseccary, or just upgrade one of my psp's :-) )

rbervoets
March 16th, 2006, 16:45