PDA

View Full Version : Which console do you think is the most underrated of all time?

Eviltaco64
May 10th, 2009, 05:47
It's a simple question.

My choice for "Most underrated console" would be:

Sega Saturn

http://www.old-computers.com/museum/photos/sega_saturn_2s.jpg

Now I'm positive that there're many consoles that deserve the title a lot more than the Saturn, but it really did get burried even though it has a great library of games.. Many of which that have never been rereleased.

It was always in the shadow of the Playstation even though it featured incredible games and a good deal of innovation like the MPEG cart to watch VCDs, Sega Netlink (so you can play Duke 3D online with your buddy and, dare I say, browse the web?), and an analog controller that came out sometime in the first half of '96, thus making it underrated.

The homebrew scene was never all that big for the Saturn, but still active nonetheless.

What's your pick for the most underrated console?

Triv1um
May 10th, 2009, 16:10
I don't know really.

I do agree with you about the Saturn, I currently own 3 saturns, and love them.

I would say the most underrated is the Atari Jaguar. I love that machine, didn't get the attention it deserved.

Eviltaco64
May 10th, 2009, 18:01
The Atari Jaguar only had a few good games, though. That's what everyone looks at and slams it for.

I like the fact that it had some of the best ports of the day (like Doom, Wolfenstein). That alone shows it had potential.

Darksaviour69
May 12th, 2009, 00:31
I agree, Saturn FTW!! Burning Rangers, Panzer Dragoon etc

dejkirkby
May 12th, 2009, 09:59
I would say the Saturn. It was woefully marketed.

geise69
May 12th, 2009, 13:46
I'm kind of in agreement with the Saturn, but for me it's the Turbo Duo all the way. So many great games that got lost in limelight of SNES and Genesis/Sega CD. To me the Sega CD doesn't even compare to the Turbo Duo. It had some great games, but for me the Turbo Duo will always have a special place in my gaming library.